Super Bowl Weekend Major Snowstorm

Tom

changeover about 2 hours earlier then expected in DSM according to TAF's and latest Metar--

KDSM 312254Z 17006KT 6SM -SN BR BKN008 OVC014 02/01 A3006 RMK AO2 RAE50SNB32 SLP187 P0006 T00170006

Temp down to 35 from 38F. Great signs.

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Let's get this party started...is everyone ready!

Hell yeah!!! Listening to people "*****" about the 2nd snow event this winter on fbook. Two words for them--- MOVE THEN. :lol:

• Like 1

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Is it warmer than they thought? All forecast said possible rain snow mix near 80 then quick transition. More rain farther south you go. I am 1/4 mile from I-80 and it has been all 2.5 hours.

LOT said it would have mixing issues the further South you go but I'm also wondering the same. It's 34 right here now and last time I checked on radar it looks like there is a pocket of rain over the Southern burbs but it's transitioning just to the N and W of that. Hopefully it'll start snowing for you soon. 

Let's get this party started...is everyone ready!

Just got back from the gym and more pumped than ever!  Feel like Arnold from "Pumping Iron"...I have a "group text" on my phone and send out weather alerts to a whole bunch of my friends and everyone on there is so excited about this storm!  Can't wait to see our first flakes.  Kinda glad this storm is falling on a weekend...better yet, it will mostly be a daytime event tomorrow when the real action begins around 6:00 a.m.  When we wake up tomorrow the snow will be flying sideways and everything will be white around here.  I'm sure I'll have a dejavu moment tomorrow morning when I get up reminding myself of the days as a kid waking up out of bed and seeing the snow fly.