February 2014 in the PNW

stuffradio

Highways around Corvallis are looking like Minnesota roads this morning, with drifting snow and wind helping to keep the lanes open.  Everything cancelled except Linn-Benton Community College, where my partner happened to have a workshop today.  I'm currently parked at LBCC watching it snow.  Would say 2" so far.

Highways around Corvallis are looking like Minnesota roads this morning, with drifting snow and wind helping to keep the lanes open.  Everything cancelled except Linn-Benton Community College, where my partner happened to have a workshop today.  I'm currently parked at LBCC watching it snow.  Would say 2" so far.

You guys are going to get hammered the next few days. Wouldn't be surprised to see a foot of snow for you by Saturday evening. 

I think the spot with almost no chance of any snow is Bellingham right now.

It will be too warm for snow in MT Vernon north apparently! ;) Currently 10 here, same as what Arlington is reporting. While it is 21 in Lynden, crazy!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

It will be too warm for snow in MT Vernon north apparently! ;) Currently 10 here, same as what Arlington is reporting. While it is 21 in Lynden, crazy!

It was 17 at my house but I drove like 5 miles and it was 21 Sumner and in the Auburn valley area it is 25. Temps can really vary in this area as this is nothing new. Either way, it would all be snow for everyone if we could ever get some fricken moisture.  :angry:

12Z Canadian on board for another major snow event down in Oregon tomorrow afternoon and night.

This is Saturday at 4 a.m. (with precip totals from 4 p.m. tomorrow through 4 a.m. Saturday):

http://weather.gc.ca/data/model_forecast/colour_images/12_054_G1_north@america@zoomout_I_4PAN_CLASSIC@012_048.jpg

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Still dry on Sunday up here on the 12Z Canadian:

http://weather.gc.ca/data/model_forecast/colour_images/12_054_G1_north@america@zoomout_I_4PAN_CLASSIC@012_084.jpg

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Like I said, this could be a historical event unfolding for our friends to the south. I would bet money we get in on the fun sometime in the next few days.

I don't think we get in on anything close to the fun they are going to be having down there.     

Interesting side note... SEA has been at 22 degrees with a dewpoint below zero with every single hourly reading since late yesterday evening.   

Like I said, this could be a historical event unfolding for our friends to the south. I would bet money we get in on the fun sometime in the next few days.

I am happy for our friends to the south, but it would be quite sad if we got nothing up here. I hope the NAM was not over doing the precip for us. Sitting on partly sunny skies in the buisness district of Seattle. Hard to believe that Portland is getting blasted while we bask in this nice Minnesota weather.

PDX down to 21 at 9 am. Definitely could see a high at 25 or below 

I was just looking at that and thinking that if they can get precip going, they may have trouble reaching 23 today.  That would be huge.  First sub 24 high since January 1996???  Stay tuned!

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

I was just looking at that and thinking that if they can get precip going, they may have trouble reaching 23 today.  That would be huge.  First sub 24 high since January 1996???  Stay tuned!

I'm hoping they can pop into the teens sometime between now and midnight too.

I'm hoping they can pop into the teens sometime between now and midnight too.

I would imagine they will if the precip is as heavy as it should be, although they've already cooked off some of the wet bulb potential.  DP up to a sub-tropical 9 degrees.  

Looks like Clark County is actually the big winner so far. Snow band just to the north of PDX.

Maybe a half inch out here so far. Hard to tell with it blowing around so much.

We're right on the periphery of it.  Getting white and dusty here.  

I would imagine they will if the precip is as heavy as it should be, although they've already cooked off some of the wet bulb potential. DP up to a sub-tropical 9 degrees.

There will be a continuous supply of cold and dry air coming out of the Gorge. I think it's possible. Precip just needs to get its act together. Too bad that snow band over Clark County isn't 10 miles further south.

There will be a continuous supply of cold and dry air coming out of the Gorge. I think it's possible. Precip just needs to get its act together. Too bad that snow band over Clark County isn't 10 miles further south.

I would imagine the band setting up shop where it is might have something to do with the gorge, but then again it extends well offshore.  Pretty goofy looking.