February 4-5th Possible Major Winter Storm

Tom

It looked like it was close to going neg tilt this run.  Def baby steps in the right direction. Let's see if the other models follow suit. GFS has always been the farthest NW so far, and that's interesting. It's usually the most suppressed model.

And it stuck it's guns to previous run but stronger. Your not thinking this could be a 2 footer for someone r you?

Well I don't think will ever see something like this again here..All snow we had already and the 6-10 tonight and 12+ Tuesday.

I thought you were talking about the storm next week possibly being more favorable for us. That isn't surprising at all.

But, what you're talking about, that is simply amazing. You guys are very lucky over there, it's pretty awesome. I'm doing just fine this winter, so I am happy as well. I remember back in 07-08, when we broke the record, had like 76".. Just seemed like it was snowing all the time, and several inches. Had a 15" storm, biggest so far of my life, one of the biggest in Dubuque history. And you guys may even get more than what I got that year. It's truly amazing!

Very fascinating back to back runs on the GFS.  Am I surprised???  Not at all...I'd like to see the GGEM/EURO come on board to a NW shift and better phasing.  GFS is definitely coming back to what it was showing long range as we get closer.  Now we are about 96hours from the start of the storm and we will begin to see models getting better data.  There may still be some model flip flopping but a general idea of the storms magnitude is coming together.

Just a quick glance at the 12z model suite, if this puppy can phase and/or become a negative tilt then lookout as this could become a monster of a storm. Not that it's a meager storm by any means but just look at the potential this storm has and the big plus is the WIDE OPEN GOM.

I thought you were talking about the storm next week possibly being more favorable for us. That isn't surprising at all.

But, what you're talking about, that is simply amazing. You guys are very lucky over there, it's pretty awesome. I'm doing just fine this winter, so I am happy as well. I remember back in 07-08, when we broke the record, had like 76".. Just seemed like it was snowing all the time, and several inches. Had a 15" storm, biggest so far of my life, one of the biggest in Dubuque history. And you guys may even get more than what I got that year. It's truly amazing!

This one tommorow looks very close for you guys but this one should be a biggie for u guys as well.

Hey guys reading your last few post and I need some some clarification did someone mention 30" of snow for Tuesday? I know it's not set in stone yet but is it time to hit the supermarket and stock up on supplies before mass hysteria kicks and all the shelves are bare? That much snow and we could be locked up in our houses for a few days.

"But, what you're talking about, that is simply amazing. You guys are very lucky over there, it's pretty awesome. I'm doing just fine this winter, so I am happy as well. I remember back in 07-08, when we broke the record, had like 76".. Just seemed like it was snowing all the time, and several inches. Had a 15" storm, biggest so far of my life, one of the biggest in Dubuque history. And you guys may even get more than what I got that year. It's truly amazing!"

78.1 !

Dubuque 2007-2008 Winter

78.1"  Total snowfall

February Snowfall 32.5"

City salt usage  : 12,211 tons

Days of measurable snow  : 40

Hey guys reading your last few post and I need some some clarification did someone mention 30" of snow for Tuesday? I know it's not set in stone yet but is it time to hit the supermarket and stock up on supplies before mass hysteria kicks and all the shelves are bare? That much snow and we could be locked up in our houses for a few days.

Yeah I believe it was combined 16 day total snowfall from GFS. 30 inches pretty hard to do here with single storm when you don't have that massive Atlantic right there though it does help throw some in depending how wrapped storm is.

GGEM Snowmap.

Pre System:

http://models.weatherbell.com/cmc/2014013112/east/cmc_snow_acc_east_14.png

Post system:

http://models.weatherbell.com/cmc/2014013112/east/cmc_snow_acc_east_24.png

GGEM not so hot with tommorow and that Post system is that combined or seperate?