February 4-5th Possible Major Winter Storm

Tom

Maybe not a monster bomb, but a widespread significant snowfall is still on the table.  I'm still thinking by tomorrows 12z and Sunday night 00z runs will tell the tale as system will be sampled better when it rides along the California coast into 4 corners region.

Tammy Fox already talking about breaking the all time snow record of '78/'79...fits the pattern and when its locked in like it is, its hard to break it.  Something about this winter season tells me we will break it.

I really don't understand why the NAM is getting such a bad rap this year. It's really been handling many of the systems quite well compared to previous years. It even picked up on the southern trend on yesterdays 18z. I know it's not the best model far out, or in any case for that matter, but I feel it's done better than the GFS and EURO this year...Am I completely wrong?

I really don't understand why the NAM is getting such a bad rap this year. It's really been handling many of the systems quite well compared to previous years. It even picked up on the southern trend on yesterdays 18z. I know it's not the best model far out, or in any case for that matter, but I feel it's done better than the GFS and EURO this year...Am I completely wrong?

Nope- NAM has indeed had some pretty good moments this winter, including this morning.

However, that model is getting blasted with "Toss it" and "It's correcting back south" at the Accuwx forums, so what do I know? ;)

Nope- NAM has indeed had some pretty good moments this winter, including this morning.

However, that model is getting blasted with "Toss it" and "It's correcting back south" at the Accuwx forums, so what do I know? ;)

It's constantly getting put aside...Even if it hit this track right on this far out, the next storm would be the same thing. From what I saw this winter(and I'm no meteorologist) it seems the NAM really has been the most accurate.