February 9th - 11th - Plains "Chasing The Weenie Band" Thread

Jaycee

Flurries from the first (small) band have started here. For flurries, these are some pretty fat flakes. Good sign, means we won't have to worry about dry air. Let this event roll.

HRRR totals continue to increase too. went from 6.1 to 7.5" across Lancaster. RGEM looks similar too. I think this will catch a lot off guard.

Flurries from the first (small) band have started here. For flurries, these are some pretty fat flakes. Good sign, means we won't have to worry about dry air. Let this event roll

HRRR has an exceptionally deep DGZ, but the same model also isn't detecting the ongoing precip over NE right now very well. 

That DGZ is so deep it looks weird.

http://soundings.pivotalweather.com/sounding_images/hrrr_2018020921_002_40.76--96.7.png

• Like 1

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

yea but you live in the rich part of town

we gots shootings up in north lincoln

I’ve lived in the Lincoln ghetto and my house got robbed while I lived there. Robbed isn’t even a good term, it got cleaned out, they took almost everything, and I can still confirm Lincoln is not that bad lol

LNK I saw that, wtf. Has Ashland as its main target. Idk, it’s just one, maybe it’ll bring it back south. I’d still get 5”, but I’m rooting for the 6”+ totals, if it even happens

I’ve lived in the Lincoln ghetto and my house got robbed while I lived there. Robbed isn’t even a good term, it got cleaned out, they took almost everything, and I can still confirm Lincoln is not that bad lol

LNK I saw that, wtf. Has Ashland as its main target. Idk, it’s just one, maybe it’ll bring it back south. I’d still get 5”, but I’m rooting for the 6”+ totals, if it even happens

i lived on E street for a period and it was interesting. lol.  Always walk back from downtown with your head up so you dont get jumped. 

You ever been to ghetto Russ's on 17th and Washington? 

i lived on E street for a period and it was interesting. lol. Always walk back from downtown with your head up so you dont get jumped.

You ever been to ghetto Russ's on 17th and Washington?

Lol yeah man it’s definitely sketch don’t get me wrong! I saw some real class acts where I lived (33rd and R). My friend lived on 17th and F and we always went to that Russ’s. 10/10 most uncomfortable experience ever every single time.

Lol yeah man it’s definitely sketch don’t get me wrong! I saw some real class acts where I lived (33rd and R). My friend lived on 17th and F and we always went to that Russ’s. 10/10 most uncomfortable experience ever every single time.

The Wally World on 27th and Superior is also quite interesting 

Too me radar sure looks more north then the hrrr and rap. Which would be great

Yeah it looks like the “weenie band” is lining up right in between Omaha and Lincoln out to our west, maybe a touch north which would be good for us in Omaha.

Most of the models pretty much have driven this band straight east to west for the most part, this could get interesting around here as the “weenie band” closes in.

If this is gonna be North then tomorrow night's wave had better come North too. If we lose one wave to a Northern trend I expect to get one the very next night due to a North shift.

This ******* storm is going to miss me by like 5 miles to my north. Every HRRR run showed 7” since 10 am for Lancaster, and now last minute it does this. Why do I do this to myself lol jeezus. Sag just a little bit south for the love of god

This f***** storm is going to miss me by like 5 miles to my north. Every HRRR run showed 7” since 10 am for Lancaster, and now last minute it does this. Why do I do this to myself lol jeezus. Sag just a little bit south for the love of god

Looks like it's sagging South but it won't get to me. I'll get the back edge.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Liking where I sit just along I-80 in C.IA. HRRR is still S but the RAP is trending N. Love the radar trends. Just like sleeping in a tent during a TS, nothing beats hot tenting in a snow event!!!

27750729_1826363147408810_2236135119469632328_n.jpg 27749825_1826363107408814_6792878267607266823_n.jpg 

• Like 6

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

You’re off pine lake right? It’s crazy how this might split the city again. I’m on capital beach, snowing some chubbies right now. Idk what to expect tbh

I'm near 70th/Pioneers. We're getting very light stuff.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Now I know how CR people felt watching their storm last night. Jesus.

Nah, take what youre feeling and multiply by at least 2. instead of watching it sit over us on the models for hours, we watched for days. Had the NWS on board, WSWs. Everything.

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")