West Coast Sports Talk and Other Banter

6 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

SB appearances under Shanahan...

SB 51 (when he was Falcons OC): Blew a 28-3 lead (largest blown lead in SB history)

SB 54: Blew a 10-point lead in the 4th quarter (2nd largest blown lead in history)

SB 58: Blew a 10-point lead (tied 2nd largest blown lead in history)

The guy has offensive chops for almost the entire season but crumbles when it comes to the big game. Gotta love it. 

And now its coming out that he says he didn't understand the Overtime rules......what a bunch of BS.

He thought they were going to get the ball again after Mahomes, so he said he wasn't too concerned about if Mahomes did Mahomes things and scored a TD.  Apparently he can't count to one and doesn't understand the whole "each team is guaranteed *one* possession...."

Can't forget on how he sh*t on Purdy too....

1 hour ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

The absolute best part of this video is not the Chiefs fan celebrating....or the 40-whiners completely losing his sh*t and smashing his TV and having to be carried out before he legit tries to f*ck up the Chiefs fan.

It's the gal going up and trying to wipe the fist prints off the screen of the now destroyed TV.....absolute GOLD

LOL that was my favorite too. 

• bongocat-test 1

195572.png?1673757432

15 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

SB appearances under Shanahan...

SB 51 (when he was Falcons OC): Blew a 28-3 lead (largest blown lead in SB history)

SB 54: Blew a 10-point lead in the 4th quarter (2nd largest blown lead in history)

SB 58: Blew a 10-point lead (tied 2nd largest blown lead in history)

The guy has offensive chops for almost the entire season but crumbles when it comes to the big game. Gotta love it. 

And don't forget the NFC Championship to the Rams. 

Crazy how many clips of tv’s getting destroyed by 9ers fans there were…Here I thought I was being very dramatic when I grabbed my hat and threw it hard onto the ground when this play happened…

image.gif

IMG_2757.jpeg

• lol 4

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Sheesh…Make it to the Super Bowl, have a lead most of the game, and lose in OT to the greatest QB on planet earth…And you still get fired! 

IMG_2772.jpeg

• scream 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Yep sounds like lots of tension and infighting inside the 9ers organization…Looking good!!! 

• Excited 1

I heard a guy on one of the national sports radio shows comparing Brock Purdy to Jimmy G statwise at this point in their 49 careers and making the case that they are similar. Not sure how true that is but Im willing to believe since it sounds good to me. 

• Excited 1

2 hours ago, BLI snowman said:

Seahawks finally cut Jamal Adams, along with Quandre Diggs and Will Dissly.

Nice to see them trimming the fat.

I was a little surprised at Diggs but I see he’s 31 which is about 90 in NFL defensive back years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BLI snowman said:

Seahawks finally cut Jamal Adams, along with Quandre Diggs and Will Dissly.

Nice to see them trimming the fat.

Sad to see a SUPERSTAR like Jamal Adams fall on such hard times. 

• lol 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

15 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

He and Jimmy Graham are the two worst trades of the John Schneider era. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Adams was definitely a liability when he was on the field.   He made the defense worse.  

• Like 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

17 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Adams was definitely a liability when he was on the field.   He made the defense worse.  

And not a very nice person either calling a reporters wife ugly just because he has a beef with the guy. Glad he’s gone. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

March Madness soon

Meh. Football is only about 22 weeks away!!! 

On 3/6/2024 at 12:13 PM, MossMan said:

He and Jimmy Graham are the two worst trades of the John Schneider era. 

Don't forget Percy Harvin. I think that one was worse than Graham, especially when you consider what they gave up.

But all of those pale in comparison to the Broncos trade for and then deal with Russell Wilson. Probably the worst trade and signing in professional sports history. 

• Like 1
  • Excited 1

A forum for the end of the world.

2 hours ago, Front Ranger said:

Don't forget Percy Harvin. I think that one was worse than Graham, especially when you consider what they gave up.

But all of those pale in comparison to the Broncos trade for and then deal with Russell Wilson. Probably the worst trade and signing in professional sports history. 

They at least got some production out of Graham. Adams was always hurt and Harvin was a complete head case. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Front Ranger said:

The contract was certainly nasty, but the Herschel Walker trade the Vikings made with Dallas is always gonna be hard to top.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BLI snowman said:

The contract was certainly nasty, but the Herschel Walker trade the Vikings made with Dallas is always gonna be hard to top.

In simple terms of draft capital given up, sure.

In terms of underachievement from the star traded for, capital/players given up, and a signing absolutely hamstringing an organization, I don’t see anything worse in totality than the Wilson deal.

The Broncos are decimating the record for dead cap money this year. That in itself is huge, aside from everything else.

• Like 1

Looks like Russ is going to be a Steeler!!! 😂 

Those fans are going to be much more ruthless than the Bronco fans! Going to be an interesting combo with that awful phony coach there. 

IMG_3542.jpeg

• Shivering 1

4 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

Woah... Kirk Cousins is headed to the Falcons. Kinda surprising given O'Connell said not too long ago that they were confident a deal would get done to keep him on the Vikings.

He backed off that statement at the combine... seemed pretty clear they weren't going to match.   Probably makes sense.   Cousins is 35 and at the age where injuries are probably going to become more of an issue.    I watch the Purple Daily podcast sometimes and they were pretty excited about this development because it means the Vikes can rebuild now.  

• Like 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

3 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

He backed off that statement at the combine... seemed pretty clear they weren't going to match.   Probably makes sense.   Cousins is 35 and at the age where injuries are probably going to become more of an issue.    I watch the Purple Daily podcast sometimes and they were pretty excited about this development because it means the Vikes can rebuild now.  

Seems odd for the Falcons. Are they Kirk Cousins away from contention?

• Excited 1

8 minutes ago, T-Town said:

Seems odd for the Falcons. Are they Kirk Cousins away from contention?

Cousins has won just 1 playoff game in his entire career.   The Falcons must think this their best chance.   Probably won't work.

• Like 2

Lock is no longer a Seahawk…I bet they trade up to get a rookie QB or they make a deal for Fields. 

On 3/11/2024 at 5:28 PM, TT-SEA said:

Cousins has never won anything anyway. But he certainly knows how to maximize his paydays.

• Like 1