December 2015 in the Pacific Northwest

stuffradio

Alright, that was poorly worded, but you have had a fascination with him that is usually from a negative perspective.

It's been interesting to watch him go from someone who was very enthusiastic about cold/snow events to kind of a warmth loving old codger. I like giving him crap about it but it's all in good fun. He knows that.

As Dewey said, love of warmth tends to move in sync with receding/graying hairlines. Maybe someday I will succumb to the dark side too. :/

If you can think 60s in the summer suck then I can think 60s in the winter suck!

Just like with Mark, you are a little delusional with this partisan BS.

Dynamic weather is fun to most weather enthusiasts. Fringe, I know...

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

60 at Eatonville.

Hopefully PDX avoids this nightmare.    It will not count as a warm day unless it happens at PDX.   Nothing counts outside of PDX.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just like with Mark, you are a little delusional with this partisan BS.

Dynamic weather is fun to most weather enthusiasts. Fringe, I know...

Unless it involves 60s and light showers in July!

That's picnic ruining stuff. Only a commie freak would like that.

Why would Mark only like cold weather all year?     It seems that he likes interesting weather of all kinds.

Pretty extreme view to expect someone in his position to only like cold and hate warmth.

Actually pretty extreme for anyone to think like that... but whatever.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Unless it involves 60s and light showers in July!

That's picnic ruining stuff. Only a commie freak would like that.

Lucky for us those days are becoming more and more infrequent, save for the occasional high cloud shocker here or there.

Why would Mark only like cold weather all year? It seems that he likes interesting weather of all kinds.

Pretty extreme view to expect someone in his position to only like cold and hate warmth.

Actually pretty extreme for anyone to think like that... but whatever.

Only thing I've seen with Mark is that he's grown up. He used to clearly be a weenie at heart but sometimes having a family and such ends up trumping those tendencies. Weenies after all tend to be a little self-absorbed. You on the other hand found a way to do both. Kudos!

Lucky for us those days are becoming more and more infrequent, save for the occasional high cloud shocker here or there.

Lucky? What happened to your love of dynamics?

Going from highs in the 80s to the 60s over a 24 hour period in July should be just as fun as going from highs in the 40s to the 60s in December. Or are some dynamics more equal than others?

Only thing I've seen with Mark is that he's grown up. He used to clearly be a weenie at heart but sometimes having a family and such ends up trumping those tendencies. Weenies after all tend to be a little self-absorbed. You on the other hand found a way to do both. Kudos!

Thanks Matt!

Matt... its VERY important to Jesse that you still only like cold and that you are not 'growing up' and finding balance in your life. Or worse yet... you find warm, dry weather actually preferable at times in your old age.

Please affirm that you still only love cold and wet so he will stop talking about it.

Going from highs in the 80s to the 60s over a 24 hour period in July should be just as fun as going from highs in the 40s to the 60s in December. Or are some dynamics more equal than others?

Apples and oranges. Not that it has much of a chance to realize this time around but generally speaking high wind events here require the air mass to mix adiabatically. If we end up 61 or 58 for high, who the **** cares? I like extreme weather. Aside from the wind related, 60 degree weather in December can suck it. I like seasonal extemes. Sorry to burst your antagonist bubble and that this post got a little too meteorological for you. Maybe Mark can explain it for you, tehehehe!

Apples and oranges. Not that it has much of a chance to realize this time around but generally speaking high wind events here require the air mass to mix adiabatically. If we end up 61 or 58 for high, who the **** cares? I like extreme weather. Aside from the wind related, 60 degree weather in December can suck it. I like seasonal extemes. Sorry to burst your antagonist bubble and that this post got a little too meteorological for you. Maybe Mark can explain it for you, tehehehe!

60-degree weather in December is usually accompanied by a fire hose of snowpack destroying rain... that can suck it indeed.

Good lord...

Good lord...

You'll be fine. It may still be Jesse against the wrong rest of the world, but we'll welcome you with open arms when you're ready. It'll be like the end of Ghost, just without the pancreatic cancer later on.

• Like 1

Looks like disaster might have been averted down south!    

Easterly flow at the surface won out and protected them from warm air just aloft.

Thank God.   That changes the assessment of this entire winter!!  

It's almost as if Tim, Jesse, and Dewey (Matt?) want to outlast one another to see who can be the most sarcastic one of the group. Between temperature readings, Mark Nelson, and turds, I would have to say the award is a three-way-tie. Can we now move on from all this and focus back on the weather? It's not like there are any temperatures on the horizon to talk about or anything.....

That's better.

I'd rather see an active winter out west than the focus on the east coast. When Vancouver, Seattle, and Portland see snow, then more people post. I love seeing the enthusiasm for the active pattern and the appearance of Fisherman Gordan.

Now if someone would bring back Andy, that'd be great.

You can find him posting daily on the FB groups!

I sure hope someday we experience a January 1950 type event...it would most definitely bring everyone together on this forum.

Anyway it's currently fairly mild, dry, breezy, with a hint of sunshine. I have a plane full of rescue dogs landing at 5:30 at Paine Field in Everett..that should be interesting offload during the peak of the windstorm.

• Like 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

I'll send you the paperwork.

Can I join too ?

2013/2014 Winter season

Coldest Low: 14 F December 7th

Coldest High: 27.3 F December 7th

Coldest Wind chill: 5 F December 7th

Lowest Dew Point: -2.2 F December 6th

Days below freezing: 5

Total Snowfall: 11 inches

Most snowfall in a Day: 8 inches

Days With Snow: 3

60s is just plain comfortable weather. Boring, regardless of season.

Uncomfortable weather is what revs my weenie engine!

A forum for the end of the world.