February 23rd-25th Winter Storm Potential

Tom

The GFS and many of the ensembles are tough to ignore with regards to being in the south camp. I love the look of the GEM and Euro but based on how this winter has gone I see them starting to babystep towards the GFS soon as they have quite often. Just a hunch. MPX mentioned that many of the top CIPS analogs show C MN with the heaviest swath but those should be taken with a grain of salt.

12z NAM digs the storm into OK at the end of the run and the Wed system lays down some snow in N/C MN as it tracks thru MSP.  Take it FWIW...

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/namconus/2017022012/namconus_ref_frzn_us_52.png

12z NAM digs the storm into OK at the end of the run and the Wed system lays down some snow in N/C MN as it tracks thru MSP.  Take it FWIW...

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/namconus/2017022012/namconus_ref_frzn_us_52.png

The NAM and GFS are totally different with the placement and strength of the Wed low. Just to muddle things even more.

12z GFS is definitely further north than the 06z. Has all rain for us here in Central/Eastern Nebraska. No surprise as the temps are going to soar to near 80 degrees tomorrow-- surprised the NAM even showed snow here. Then again, with a bowling ball type system I could still see this thing staying further SE than this run. Guess we'll have to wait and see!