February 23rd-25th Winter Storm Potential

Tom

At 96 hours euro is north of the 00z run. Throwing in the towel here in eastern Iowa. Not gonna trend any further south. I think go saints is in prime territory

Yeah, we need this thing to start out a lot weaker and ramp up as it heads into IL etc. Instead, GEM/Euro really strengthen it in the rockies 

pretty distinct camps.  normally id ride the euro's but naso much the slam dunk choice as it used to be imho.  prob will end as a compromise of the two camps.  

I either want it really far north for NW Wisconain for a road trip storm or really south for IMBY and nothing shows the latter much.

Does the euro hit Bayfield/Ashland area in WI much?   Thanks!

Not liking the trends today. Everything's shifted north. My feeling is we're going to just miss out here in Omaha with both systems. Will see snow with the first one I think but it's going to be a late switch or the heaviest snow will be north and east of here. I'm guessing a couple inches at best at this point.

Wonder what this would mean downstream? NAM gets the northern stream system down to 988 MB up in northern WI with it pulling much colder air southward.

0z NAM 78:

http://maps1.pivotalweather.com/maps/models/nam/2017022000/078/refcmp_ptype.conus.png

18z NAM:

http://maps1.pivotalweather.com/maps/models/nam/2017021918/084/refcmp_ptype.conus.png