January 2018 Observations and Discussions

Tom

At least Craig uses models unlike Snowlover who uses Wunderground

But he also uses the long range GFS operational and posts them to Facebook to people who don't know better.

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

Wow your all so perfect here and dont need to rant....ok then. At least i use data and logic unlike snowlover does. Who gives a s**t if i rant a little.

You have to understand that no one here has gotten much snow yet we dont rant about a system 5 days away. You guys have also gotten more snow than a lot of members here

I doubt we have lol. 3 to 4 inches thats it. The past 5 winters here all we have gotten is 1 to 3 inchers each storm. Sorry about my complaining im just so tired of it and i need somewhere to rant.

• Like 1

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

I doubt we have lol. 3 to 4 inches thats it. The past 5 winters here all we have gotten is 1 to 3 inchers each storm. Sorry about my complaining im just so tired of it and i need somewhere to rant.

Chicago has like 2-3 same with Milwaukee

The only area gotten hit this winter is MI

You guys have also gotten more snow than a lot of members here

The problem with this argument is that implies that we are spoiled brats and that we can't want any more. We are also more prone to torches than most everyone else on here, we don't have many KS or MO posters, so whatever snow we get typically melts instantly. So unless they are extraordinary, total snow amounts here typically don't mean jack. We have historically gotten screwed over by EVERYTHING, even the one big storm that has targeted Nebraska in the past few years gave Lincoln the finger of great respect. So sorry if we are disappointed by this storm targeting the Dakotas, where we have only one poster (and this isn't even hitting her area mostly).

We have 4 inches, Chicago has three. BIG difference! If we had 20" and Chicago had 3", then I would be able to see your point.

@Craig check out the complaints thread.

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Chicago has like 2-3 same with Milwaukee

The only area gotten hit this winter is MI

5.4” to be exact at ORD

As for snowfall, cutoff is NE IL with 3-6” into Chicago area and C IL/N IN and into S MI being the jackpot.

• Like 1

I really don't care compare all you want. Just for 3 days stop crying. 3 weeks ago it was complaining about brown ground and freezing temps...then you got a snow...a white Christmas as well! Snow on the ground for the last 2 weeks and winter temps. Just stop for once the weather owes you nothing!

• Like 1

I really don't care compare all you want. Just for 3 days stop crying. 3 weeks ago it was complaining about brown ground and freezing temps...then you got a snow...a white Christmas as well! Snow on the ground for the last 2 weeks and winter temps. Just stop for once the weather owes you nothing!

You are acting like I am flat out saying you deserve nothing and we deserve everything. This is a storm that was not going to even target you in the first place. It's not like if we win, you lose. In fact, if we win, you win even more! So stop with the "you have an inch more than us so therefore you must stop your crying right d**n NOW" argument. I am glad to have had our snow on the ground, now it looks like our pack may have been replenished, but once again the storm took the Dakotas magnet. What were we supposed to say? "Oh golly gee, it looks like it's hitting the Dakotas again! But that's okay, I'll take the brown grass because we have an inch more this Winter than Madison, Wisconsin!"

Nobody complained after the Christmas Eve snowfall nor did anybody in the subsequent days. Maybe disappointment because we had a couple clippers go rogue, but no flat out complaining. So stop acting like we're ungrateful.

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

5.4” to be exact at ORD

As for snowfall, cutoff is NE IL with 3-6” into Chicago area and C IL/N IN and into S MI being the jackpot.

5.4? Wow that's crazy. Been a tough one over there too. Storms tend to be juicier later in Winter so maybe some of us make up for it then.

I'm at 10.7" on the season.

• Like 2

wasn't looking at this as a you win we lose...not sure I've ever looked atvweather like that. i am looking at it as Iowa, IL, Wi, and most of MN is low on snow....if everyone was crying on here that was below average for the year, all we would have are a bunch of posts complaining about 6 day out storms missing obys.Sorry to clutter up this board with the past few posts...but seriously can we have a great lakes thread and a separate plains thread.

• Like 2

You are acting like I am flat out saying you deserve nothing and we deserve everything. This is a storm that was not going to even target you in the first place. It's not like if we win, you lose. In fact, if we win, you win even more! So stop with the "you have an inch more than us so therefore you must stop your crying right d**n NOW" argument. I am glad to have had our snow on the ground, now it looks like our pack may have been replenished, but once again the storm took the Dakotas magnet. What were we supposed to say? "Oh golly gee, it looks like it's hitting the Dakotas again! But that's okay, I'll take the brown grass because we have an inch more this Winter than Madison, Wisconsin!"

Nobody complained after the Christmas Eve snowfall nor did anybody in the subsequent days. Maybe disappointment because we had a couple clippers go rogue, but no flat out complaining. So stop acting like we're ungrateful.

Climate wise the GL will always average more snow than you guys. That’s the way it usually is but not this year yet I don’t see anyone else complaining about the lack of snow except the usual posters in the same state

wasn't looking at this as a you win we lose...not sure I've ever looked atvweather like that. i am looking at it as Iowa, IL, Wi, and most of MN is low on snow....if everyone was crying on here that was below average for the year, all we would have are a bunch of posts complaining about 6 day out storms missing obys.Sorry to clutter up this board with the past few posts

How many above average seasons have you had since 2013? We've had zero. I don't know why you're so worried so much about us not wanting to miss out on a storm. I have NEVER seen a storm with more than 2" in person.

but seriously can we have a great lakes thread and a separate plains thread.

No. I like the knowledge of the GLs posters on here. They help us out a lot and we help them out a lot. Plus, the plains thread would be dead. I think we should utilize the complaints thread more.

• Like 1

Climate wise the GL will always average more snow than you guys. That’s the way it usually is but not this year yet I don’t see anyone else complaining about the lack of snow except the usual posters in the same state

Kinda gonna repeat what I said in my response to Madtown, I meant relative to the norms. You all have had some awesome years recently, taking away the last couple. Since 2010-11, we have had one above average Winter, 2012-13, which would have been below average if it wasn't for a bunch of quick-to-melt April and May snowfalls. So very sorry if we want a decent storm for once.

• Like 1

I ignored all the Nebraska posters. It's really annoying hearing them complain more than anyone else, when most of us are in the same situation. I haven't used my snowmobile in two and a half years, because there's been no snow and I haven't been able to travel. We get it, we know NE has had horrible winters since 2014, so have most of us. Stop whining and talk about meteorology.

• Like 1

I don't believe we have had an above average winter in multiple years. Last year was bad, year before was bad, before that may have been average. Not sure we have been above average since 2010.

Looks like 2013-14 treated you well.

I still have a hard time getting why the WI posters care so much about us being disappointed. It's not like we're holding up our middle fingers towards Wisconsin. We just wanted a snowstorm. Everyone wants a snowstorm. I don't get why we had to bring totals into the equation. If we got 6" and Wisconsin got 8", I'd be happy with my 6" because it's a good depth.

• Like 1

I ignored all the Nebraska posters. It's really annoying hearing them complain more than anyone else, when most of us are in the same situation. I haven't used my snowmobile in two and a half years, because there's been no snow and I haven't been able to travel. We get it, we know NE has had horrible winters since 2014, so have most of us. Stop whining and talk about meteorology.

Okay well you probably wont see this but you're missing out on some good insight, especially posters like Gabel, Jcwxguy, Lnk, etc. In a sense im glad you did that though, because complaining about us complaining clearly solves nothing lol so thats why the hide posts option is there.

• Like 2

...MSN i believe reported 58" slightly above average. Not sure how good the stuff the guy was smoking was there, but multiple other station around the region were in the mid 40" range.

Cool. Still doesn't justify why totals are relevant now. I want snow, you want snow. We all want snow. Expressing disappointment in getting shafted for the 18247132596295629th time in the past few years shouldn't be as big of a deal as you guys are making it. Especially since if the tables were turned and you had a full inch more than us you wouldn't show any sympathy.

There is a big difference between being disappointed and crying about it. Totals have been brought into the equation to show how foolish the complaining really is. Happy Sat!

Fine. Let's assume we were crying (we weren't). Did your crying about our crying solve anything, or did it turn into 33 posts worth of garbage?

• Like 1