August 2018 Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

00Z GFS took away the wet system that the 12Z run showed for Wednesday and Thursday.   The trough looks really pathetic on the 00Z run.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Nice improvement for next weekend on the 00Z GFS compared to the 12Z run.   ULL limps here on Monday on the 00Z run.   I want a soaking rain but I don't want the holiday weekend to be wet and cold.    

I am starting to think there will be almost no rain even here over the next 10 days.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Nice improvement for next weekend on the 00Z GFS compared to the 12Z run.   ULL limps here on Monday on the 00Z run.   I want a soaking rain but I don't want the holiday weekend to be wet and cold.    

I am starting to think there will be almost no rain even here over the next 10 days.   

This is sort of thinking got us into this mess in the first place.

00z was much troughier for late in the week than the 18z.

System on Sunday looks wetter too, and cooler on Tuesday. Score!!

If you think the trend is good for next week then you are fooling yourself. ;)

If you think the trend is good for next week then you are fooling yourself. ;)

I’m just glad to see the GFS sticking to its guns for a somewhat wet (~0.1”) system on Sunday. That would be our biggest rainfall in almost two and a half months.

Ridge Tuesday looks less impressive and there is a bigger crash afterward compared to the 18z run. Those are facts.

I’m just glad to see the GFS sticking to its guns for a somewhat wet (~0.1”) system on Sunday. That would be our biggest rainfall in almost two and a half months.

Ridge Tuesday looks less impressive and there is a bigger crash afterward compared to the 18z run. Those are facts.

I guess ignoring the 18Z run would help with false hope. :)

Correlation between a wet and wild September and the goodies later on??  ANALog????

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

I try to look at all the models, not just cherry pick the ones that feed my perverse obsession with drought.

Straw man!! And I always ignore the 18Z.

Correlation between a wet and wild September and the goodies later on?? ANALog????

It would mean Jim would be back and posting about all the “goodies”
  • Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Definite improvement over the 12z. Much better than the reverse at this stage in the game.

Actually less rain on the 00Z run for the Seattle area compared to the 12Z run.  

A little better down here. As you have said 22,546,908,451 times this year we probably need it more.

I don't think .07 or .10 really matters.   We all need a good 2-inch event right now.

00Z ECMWF shows that any rain with the late week system is focused in King County in a weak c-zone after the trough passes.     The 00Z run is totally dry south of Chehalis... the 12Z run was wet down to Salem... the 00Z run last night was impressively wet for everyone.  

Shockingly bad air quality around Seattle tonight given the onshore flow, with better air quality to the north and south. Is this what the convergence zone does when there's smoke in the mix?

Possibly.

Should improve by mid-morning. 

0.10” would be our biggest precip event in two and a half months.

And still meaningless in the big picture.

And that is all the ECMWF shows for the entire run down there.   

Most of next week and weekend now looks sunny and warm.... even here. 

And still meaningless in the big picture.

And that is all the ECMWF shows for the entire run down there.

Most of next week and weekend now looks sunny and warm.... even here.

What one Euro run shows is meaningless in the big picture too.