11/24 - 11/26 Winter Storm

Tom

12z NAM...KC to Chi warning snows....@ Clinton, your call from a couple days ago may starting to look good buddy...

This is what the LRC says should happen.  I will stay with it I don't buy the GFS and I won't ignore how well the NAM has preformed down here this year.

• Like 1

I'll take 4" from this and run with it. No matter the track it looks like that's likely. It's November. Sucks I won't be in Lincoln for it but I'm still flying in Sunday so I'll at least get to enjoy the snowcover.

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

It appears the FV3-GFS is also going to be back north a bit.  Over the last day of runs, the Canada upper low dipped noticeably farther south the first couple runs, but the last two it's being pulled back north.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

I think what is giving the GFS trouble is how far SE the cold front will push.  The HRRR and the NAM push the front into S.MO, where as The GFS doesn't push the front through.  In the last cycle the front pushed into S.MO.

Yeah that's true. Not every cycle is exact but that's a good point. GFS obviously having issues. Been more all over the place than any other model.

• Like 1

One thing I’m curious about, what are the ratios supposed to be like with this? It looks like it’ll be less than 10:1 if I’m not mistaken.

RC and another reliable poster on amwx we’re talking higher than 10:1 especially west. With less than 10:1 in Chitown.

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")