Polite Politics

Rubus Leucodermis

1 hour ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

It really is too bad Haley isn't going full throat against Trump.  She has to have figured out by now that tiptoeing around the idiot isn't convincing primary owners.  She should have ignored Iowa and focused all her effort on the 40ish percent of the New Hampshire independents.

And it's not like she'd be alone:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/01/18/opinion/trump-cabinet-election-2024.html?unlocked_article_code=1.Ok0.UIZ4.3GY1wco5hlak&smid=url-share (written by a conservative)

It was always a long-shot, but 2016 should have been all the proof she needed that ignoring trump doesn't work.

The Republican Accountability Project is a fraud "conservative" organization like the Lincoln Project.

2 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

It really is too bad Haley isn't going full throat against Trump.  She has to have figured out by now that tiptoeing around the idiot isn't convincing primary owners.  She should have ignored Iowa and focused all her effort on the 40ish percent of the New Hampshire independents.

And it's not like she'd be alone:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/01/18/opinion/trump-cabinet-election-2024.html?unlocked_article_code=1.Ok0.UIZ4.3GY1wco5hlak&smid=url-share (written by a conservative)

It was always a long-shot, but 2016 should have been all the proof she needed that ignoring trump doesn't work.

I agree with this. Haley was never going to get the Trump/MAGA vote as they think she is suddenly some shady Democrat in Republican clothing, which just doesn't make sense but nothing really does with those folks. She didn't really have much to lose by going after him a bit more.

It will be interesting to see Trump's upcoming trials where you will have his Chief of Staff, Vice President, and other close advisors testify under oath that he knew he lost the election but continued on with the lie anyways. Kind of hard to paint those people as "secret Democrats out to get Trump" when they were some of his closest allies. Probably won't change the MAGA minds but it could turn off even more moderate Republicans. Hell, 30%+ of Iowa voters said if he got convicted they wouldn't vote for him in a general. That's 30% of extremely conservative voters. Kind of surprising given he won by 30 points in that state. 

Yet MAGA will continue to say he is our best shot at beating Joe Biden and will browbeat any Republican who dares say otherwise. So frustrating. 

• Like 1

It's remarkable how age is a big issue for Biden for some reason for Trump it is not.  

Does this sound like a guy we want to lead our country?  

He's right. The Democrats want to create a cashless society and a centralized bank system to monitor everything we buy and to impose a social credit system on us. You will be punished for buying things (e.g. meat) that could worsen the climate emergency. They could also lock your bank account if you do something that is not politically correct.

It already happened in Canada with the freedom convoy truckers who protested vaccine mandates.  If you simply supported them, Trudeau would lock your bank account.

On 1/17/2024 at 10:36 AM, hawkstwelve said:

Well, MAGA Twitter and even the Don himself are having a complete meltdown over Nikki Haley. They must be getting a little nervous with NH around the corner.

Tucker Carlson is putting out videos claiming Haley is not even a Republican. Even though she has a conservative record to stand on, apparently she is all of a sudden a secret Democrat who is in cahoots with the pedos of the party because she has some random Democrat-tied person who donated to her campaign. This is coming from the guy who told his Fox News viewers one thing while texting his producers the exact opposite. But yeah, let's trust whatever this imbecile is saying now. Complete morons. 

I don't know why they're so nervous about her being a real threat.  Unless it's just that they want Trump to win every single caucus and primary.  

Let's say Haley wins New Hampshire.  Ok, then what?  It would probably give her a boost in the polls, but then there's a bunch of less favorable states for her coming up after that.  

Vivek dropping out means that you can probably transfer just about all of his support (as small as it is) over to Trump.  If Desantis drops out, who is getting a majority of his supporters?  I think we know the answer to that.  Even if Desantis drops out soon and it becomes a 1 on 1 with Trump and Haley, Trump will still be in excellent position.

It's remarkable how age is a big issue for Biden for some reason for Trump it is not.  

Does this sound like a guy we want to lead our country?  

This is seriously the best you can do?

This is not going to be a good year for you, Einstein.  As someone who absolutely would not vote for either of these clowns, seeing a heels-dug-in lefty go ageist against Trump when there is pretty obviously no serious path to Biden cogently making it another five years in office is pretty silly. Trump on the other hand is four years younger and despite being a serial narcissist and pathological liar is clearly far more in control of his faculties. 

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Idiotic Democrats want to remove the Statue of Liberty if Republicans pass a secure the border act. What they tend to forget is that immigrants are welcome to come here legally and also that Lady Liberty was blindfolded to represent colorblindness. But the immigrants are getting special rights such as free health care since Democrats don't want equality under the law.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2024/01/18/max-frost-statue-of-liberty-n2633816

5 hours ago, Deweydog said:

This is seriously the best you can do?

This is not going to be a good year for you, Einstein.  As someone who absolutely would not vote for either of these clowns, seeing a heels-dug-in lefty go ageist against Trump when there is pretty obviously no serious path to Biden cogently making it another five years in office is pretty silly. Trump on the other hand is four years younger and despite being a serial narcissist and pathological liar is clearly far more in control of his faculties. 

Based on what evidence, Dr Dewey?  I guess you have both their charts and can easily compare the two?   

And I'm not sure what you thought my intention of the post was other than to point out that Trump also has aging problems, like everyone else.  No need to come in hot.

41 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

Idiotic Democrats want to remove the Statue of Liberty if Republicans pass a secure the border act. What they tend to forget is that immigrants are welcome to come here legally and also that Lady Liberty was blindfolded to represent colorblindness. But the immigrants are getting special rights such as free health care since Democrats don't want equality under the law.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2024/01/18/max-frost-statue-of-liberty-n2633816

You're confusing your lady statues.  The Justice lady is the one who is blindfolded.

Not that you care or will rethink your stance above.

1 minute ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Based on what evidence, Dr Dewey?  I guess you have both their charts and can easily compare the two?   

And I'm not sure what you thought my intention of the post was other than to point out that Trump also has aging problems, like everyone else.  No need to come in hot.

You went out of your way to bring it up, yet the sitting president has shown what are to most rational people not clouded by partisanship pretty clear signs of fairly significant cognitive decline. I guess it’s just part of the grand irony. Trump on the other hand, for all his massive faults, doesn’t seem to present with nearly as much frailty overall. Is it really that difficult to admit?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

13 hours ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

He's right. The Democrats want to create a cashless society and a centralized bank system to monitor everything we buy and to impose a social credit system on us. You will be punished for buying things (e.g. meat) that could worsen the climate emergency. They could also lock your bank account if you do something that is not politically correct.

It already happened in Canada with the freedom convoy truckers who protested vaccine mandates.  If you simply supported them, Trudeau would lock your bank account.

Oh, bullsh*t.

Only a few "truckers" had their bank accounts blocked. During a massive illegal occupation of the national capitol (and the busiest border crossing).

I personally know many Canadians who supported the "truckers" (in quotes, because they are not representative of truckers as a whole, as anyone familiar with actual Canadian truckers and their demographics is well aware) and had exactly zero government retribution against them.

You fascist and fascism friendly types (and yes, this is what you are) are always wishing for people to ram and kill lefty protestors who block traffic for an hour or two. Yet when your team does it for multiple weeks to an entire urban core, it must be hands off. But of course. So STFU about freedom. And STFU about law and order. It's always OK when YOUR SIDE does it. That is the standard, nothing else.

You are just like the Nazis who whined about being persecuted after the Munich putsch.

Many on the right believe there are two types of people: themselves, who the law protects and does not bind,, and all others, who the law binds but does not protect. And you are one of the many. Virtually your entire oeuvre here demonstrates this.

• Downvote 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

Are we starting to see animals being viewed as the higher priority and higher value compared to us?

As America Is Torn to Shreds, Democratic Reps Adam Schiff and Ted Lieu Go All-In on Protecting Rats (msn.com)

• Like 1

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

Now there are unhinged claims that Trump stole the Iowa Caucus, like COME ON! Can we give him a break over that kind of nonsense?

Screenshot 2024-01-19 073427.png

(Also, I didn't see the strong language at the bottom before I posted this)

He has the nomination sewn up. 
All he has to do is stop that stuff and coast.   Perhaps someone should give him one?  He’s Scottish. How about Scotch Don?

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Wasn’t talking booze. 

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

I knew about this for several weeks and it's finally coming out in the mainstream news. It's likely true because her lovers signed affidavits, or had written depositions is what I heard earlier. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12970377/Nikki-Haley-cheated-affair-husband-affidavits-witnesses.html

https://youtu.be/-QBNpIS5sGk?si=aFLVhxHYzeGmwcR8

23 minutes ago, Stormy said:

I knew about this for several weeks and it's finally coming out in the mainstream news. It's likely true because her lovers signed affidavits, or had written depositions is what I heard earlier. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12970377/Nikki-Haley-cheated-affair-husband-affidavits-witnesses.html

I don't understand something. Y'all should be acting like Haley is nothing but a speedbump given your resolute belief that Trump will wipe the floor with her for the nomination. Instead, Trump and MAGA are throwing everything they can at her, even drudging up a supposed "bombshell" from DailyMail (ugh) that occurred more than a decade ago and was already sussed out to be nothing but oppo research during an incredibly nasty campaign. It comes across as scraping the bottom of the barrel and getting increasingly desperate in the process.

Not a good look, not that MAGA cares how they come across to the rest of the country.

• Like 2

My 2024 election prediction is that there will be a significant October surprise this year.  I'm thinking Russians.  Make some sort of fake peace claim with Ukraine if trump wins? Or bomb Poland? Or tech disruption, like in 2016? Or major leak/hack, like in the 2015 DNC primary?

Something significant they could quickly sway public opinion 1 way.

11 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

Now there are unhinged claims that Trump stole the Iowa Caucus, like COME ON! Can we give him a break over that kind of nonsense?

Screenshot 2024-01-19 073427.png

(Also, I didn't see the strong language at the bottom before I posted this)

That's some pretty phallic censoring, maybe post a disclaimer on that too.

• lol 2

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

7 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

I don't understand something. Y'all should be acting like Haley is nothing but a speedbump given your resolute belief that Trump will wipe the floor with her for the nomination. Instead, Trump and MAGA are throwing everything they can at her, even drudging up a supposed "bombshell" from DailyMail (ugh) that occurred more than a decade ago and was already sussed out to be nothing but oppo research during an incredibly nasty campaign. It comes across as scraping the bottom of the barrel and getting increasingly desperate in the process.

Not a good look, not that MAGA cares how they come across to the rest of the country.

Looking forward to the MAGA folks linking Nikki to Pizza Gate and an underground network of human trafficking.

• lol 1

21 hours ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Oh, bullsh*t.

Only a few "truckers" had their bank accounts blocked. During a massive illegal occupation of the national capitol (and the busiest border crossing).

I personally know many Canadians who supported the "truckers" (in quotes, because they are not representative of truckers as a whole, as anyone familiar with actual Canadian truckers and their demographics is well aware) and had exactly zero government retribution against them.

You fascist and fascism friendly types (and yes, this is what you are) are always wishing for people to ram and kill lefty protestors who block traffic for an hour or two. Yet when your team does it for multiple weeks to an entire urban core, it must be hands off. But of course. So STFU about freedom. And STFU about law and order. It's always OK when YOUR SIDE does it. That is the standard, nothing else.

You are just like the Nazis who whined about being persecuted after the Munich putsch.

Many on the right believe there are two types of people: themselves, who the law protects and does not bind,, and all others, who the law binds but does not protect. And you are one of the many. Virtually your entire oeuvre here demonstrates this.

We'll you're an anarchist, the furthest left anyone can be, so you should not be supporting any government restrictions at all. Therefore you should be anti-Trudeau. However, there were people who were punished for donating money to the convoy. Trudeau invoked the wartime emergency act for the first time in history when there was no war but the culture war.

Lefties also like to overuse the word "fascist" as much as righties overuse the word "communist". For example an All Sides analysis on the term says "fascism" is seen as negative and is used as a negative charge by those who reject the elevation of specific familial, authoritative or moral structures in favor of moral relativism and/or individualism. It doesn't mention anything about Trump or dictators. Basically moral relativism means anything goes, since if you insist your morals are better than someone else, you're arrogant. In other words, everyone does what is right in their own eyes. So you must never allow anyone to assert that there are any moral absolutes, and you are absolutely sure about that

Sure it's nice to be husband and husband, it won't harm anyone except that history tells us societies that choose sexual perversion don’t last. History repeats itself.

In Nineteen Eighty Four, The Party is so powerful that when it says 2+2=5, the people accept this and come to mindlessly believe it. This is the same thing going on today that everyone must accept there are more than two genders and men can become women. If you disagree with the The Party (Biden and the Democrats), you are considered to be amongst the worst of all evil persons and you must be fired immediately from your job.

Many on the left believe there are two types of people: themselves, who the law protects and does not bind,, and all others, who the law binds but does not protect. And you are one of the many. Virtually your entire oeuvre here demonstrates this.

Someone explain to me how a man that is a mundane, uninspiring, uninteresting dolt became President.  What do people see in him?  
He’s essentially lazy, typical of many rich white old men who’ve spent a life achieving little in office.  Who carries a good deal of baggage be it true or not, becomes President? 
He was a dull unimaginative legislator and even more so as President.  
Politics aside,…why do so many get all lathered up over him?

Seriously. He’s had a very dull career and now he can’t find the stairs to leave to platform.  And as far as our enemies go they smell weakness half a world away.  
I want to pull the curtain back and learn the truth of it all.  Why all the fuss?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

We'll you're an anarchist, the furthest left anyone can be, so you should not be supporting any government restrictions at all. Therefore you should be anti-Trudeau. However, there were people who were punished for donating money to the convoy. Trudeau invoked the wartime emergency act for the first time in history when there was no war but the culture war.

Lefties also like to overuse the word "fascist" as much as righties overuse the word "communist". For example an All Sides analysis on the term says "fascism" is seen as negative and is used as a negative charge by those who reject the elevation of specific familial, authoritative or moral structures in favor of moral relativism and/or individualism. It doesn't mention anything about Trump or dictators. Basically moral relativism means anything goes, since if you insist your morals are better than someone else, you're arrogant. In other words, everyone does what is right in their own eyes. So you must never allow anyone to assert that there are any moral absolutes, and you are absolutely sure about that

Sure it's nice to be husband and husband, it won't harm anyone except that history tells us societies that choose sexual perversion don’t last. History repeats itself.

In Nineteen Eighty Four, The Party is so powerful that when it says 2+2=5, the people accept this and come to mindlessly believe it. This is the same thing going on today that everyone must accept there are more than two genders and men can become women. If you disagree with the The Party (Biden and the Democrats), you are considered to be amongst the worst of all evil persons and you must be fired immediately from your job.

Many on the left believe there are two types of people: themselves, who the law protects and does not bind,, and all others, who the law binds but does not protect. And you are one of the many. Virtually your entire oeuvre here demonstrates this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARVO

• Weenie 1
  • bongocat-test 1

2 hours ago, Andie said:

Someone explain to me how a man that is a mundane, uninspiring, uninteresting dolt became President.  What do people see in him?  
He’s essentially lazy, typical of many rich white old men who’ve spent a life achieving little in office.  Who carries a good deal of baggage be it true or not, becomes President? 
He was a dull unimaginative legislator and even more so as President.  
Politics aside,…why do so many get all lathered up over him?

Seriously. He’s had a very dull career and now he can’t find the stairs to leave to platform.  And as far as our enemies go they smell weakness half a world away.  
I want to pull the curtain back and learn the truth of it all.  Why all the fuss?

Oh, that is easy. He is not Donald J. Trump.

11 hours ago, Stormy said:

Who really cares? I am not a Nikki Haley fan, but this is just part of the lifestyle these pols live. Look at Kristi Noem in South Dakota, same thing. And it's not like Trump has never philandered. 

• Like 2

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

10 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

My 2024 election prediction is that there will be a significant October surprise this year.  I'm thinking Russians.  Make some sort of fake peace claim with Ukraine if trump wins? Or bomb Poland? Or tech disruption, like in 2016? Or major leak/hack, like in the 2015 DNC primary?

Something significant they could quickly sway public opinion 1 way.

The peace deal will come the day after Trump wins (If he wins.). Zelensky will get on his knees and beg Putin for peace. At very least the war is over when Trump assumes office. No way the war continues another day once the gravy train is cut off. 

• Sick 1
  • Spam 1

Think about it.

- Biden Administration engages in "lawfare" to attempt to incarcerate Trump before the election. 

- Democrat Secretaries of state and elections officials attempt to deny Trump and third party candidates ballot access. 

- Democrat and partisan judges continue to rule against Trump in civil court, burdening him with excessive civil judgements. 

- At some point the administration and their allies in the FBI and other federal agencies will no doubt begin targeting Trump and his supports, with the main objective of demoralizing them. 

- The media will continue to ramp up the "Trump is Hitler" hysteria. 

- Biden will campaign that it is a choice between "democracy" and the abyss. 

- If Trump leads in the polls within weeks of the election we can only expect the hysteria to increase. There will likely be some kind of false flag or George Floyd type incident in order to incite chaos and unleash hordes into the streets. 

- If it becomes apparent Trump is going to win on election day it is likely the Biden administration will attempt to remove Trump by any means necessary. 

- If Trump is able to prevail on election day despite all these obstacles I highly doubt Biden and the Democrats will turn over power willingly. Despite the rhetoric and hysteria about January 6th, ultimately Trump did peacefully cede power to Biden in 2021. Biden, the Democrats, and their media allies are painting themselves into a corner where they will not be able to do this.  

• Like 2
  • Sick 1

7 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Think about it.

- Biden Administration engages in "lawfare" to attempt to incarcerate Trump before the election. 

- Democrat Secretaries of state and elections officials attempt to deny Trump and third party candidates ballot access. 

- Democrat and partisan judges continue to rule against Trump in civil court, burdening him with excessive civil judgements. 

- At some point the administration and their allies in the FBI and other federal agencies will no doubt begin targeting Trump and his supports, with the main objective of demoralizing them. 

- The media will continue to ramp up the "Trump is Hitler" hysteria. 

- Biden will campaign that it is a choice between "democracy" and the abyss. 

- If Trump leads in the polls within weeks of the election we can only expect the hysteria to increase. There will likely be some kind of false flag or George Floyd type incident in order to incite chaos and unleash hordes into the streets. 

- If it becomes apparent Trump is going to win on election day it is likely the Biden administration will attempt to remove Trump by any means necessary. 

- If Trump is able to prevail on election day despite all these obstacles I highly doubt Biden and the Democrats will turn over power willingly. Despite the rhetoric and hysteria about January 6th, ultimately Trump did peacefully cede power to Biden in 2021. Biden, the Democrats, and their media allies are painting themselves into a corner where they will not be able to do this.  

It's just terrible that some people want Trump to be subject to the rule of law, isn't it?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Minny_Weather said:

That's some pretty phallic censoring, maybe post a disclaimer on that too.

I was censoring the names since there are real names on there. Protecting privacy on names, I would get into trouble if I posted that that also included the usernames that might be real names

8 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

The peace deal will come the day after Trump wins (If he wins.). Zelensky will get on his knees and beg Putin for peace. At very least the war is over when Trump assumes office. No way the war continues another day once the gravy train is cut off. 

I once had someone tell me that he thinks that Trump will tell NATO to go pound sand and the USA will be directly involved in Ukraine to push out Russia when Trump returns to office.

8 hours ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Oh, that is easy. He is not Donald J. Trump.

Well, that’s not good enough for a nation that needs to stay ahead of a pack wolves overseas. They know we’re distracted. Back turned. 
Surely the Democrats have a someone that isn’t polarizing in order to lose the party’s base.  

I’m not talking someone like boring ol Sen. Dukakis.  ( Sleeper in wing tips). Or too charismatic like Michelle Obama. They nation needs something in the middle. Moderate Dems are shopping. (& there are many).

There are cycles where the pendulum swings to any one extreme.  These last 2 have been like that. We don’t need another.  Too many problems starting with 10 million+ unvetted migrants. (We’ve yet to see the fruit of this). I know Germany continues to see serious issues, largely crime, from the migrant influx they had.  
We will have to put our shoulder to the wheel the next generation.  Meantime, cities like NYC home school some kids to use their school as a migrant shelter.  Tax payers are furious. 
Yet DC ignores the crisis. 
Biden’s a vacuum place holder. 
Where are the problem solvers?
Perhaps NY should ship some to DC till they squeal !
They could sleep in Congress.
God knows they aren’t using that effectively at all.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andie said:

Well, that’s not good enough for a nation that needs to stay ahead of a pack wolves overseas. They know we’re distracted. Back turned. 
Surely the Democrats have a someone that isn’t polarizing in order to lose the party’s base.  

I’m not talking someone like boring ol Sen. Dukakis.  ( Sleeper in wing tips). Or too charismatic like Michelle Obama. They nation needs something in the middle. Moderate Dems are shopping. (& there are many).

There are cycles where the pendulum swings to any one extreme.  These last 2 have been like that. We don’t need another.  Too many problems starting with 10 million+ unvetted migrants. (We’ve yet to see the fruit of this). I know Germany continues to see serious issues, largely crime, from the migrant influx they had.  
We will have to put our shoulder to the wheel the next generation.  Meantime, cities like NYC home school some kids to use their school as a migrant shelter.  Tax payers are furious. 
Yet DC ignores the crisis. 
Biden’s a vacuum place holder. 
Where are the problem solvers?
Perhaps NY should ship some to DC till they squeal !
They could sleep in Congress.
God knows they aren’t using that effectively at all.  

I was answering your question, which was, to reiterate (emphasis added):

Someone explain to me how a man that is a mundane, uninspiring, uninteresting dolt became President.  What do people see in him?

And that is what people see in him and why he won.

In other words, Trump has strong negatives, which drove enough of the GOP base away from him to make him lose. The Bannon line is real.

https://www.thebulwark.com/reaching-the-bannon-line/