Polite Politics

Rubus Leucodermis

1 hour ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Two can play at this game.

Right
Democracy: Extra influence for right-wing voters, who are after all the only real citizens. If a right-wing candidate wins, he should take office. If a right-wing candidate loses, it means the left cheated and the right-wing candidate should take office.

Left

Democracy:

Extra rights and freebies for illegal immigrants and minorities, who are after all the only real citizens. If a left-wing candidate wins an election, he/she/they should take office. If a left-wing candidate loses, it must be a result of voter suppression or foreign interference.

31 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

He said he never advised Pinochet, but gave some lectures on inflation and helped with economic reforms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_Friedman#Chile

Moving the goalposts YET AGAIN.

I never claimed he directly advised Pinochet. I only claimed he was a “fan of Pinochet.” And he was.

He called what Pinochet accomplished a “miracle” (despite the horrible human rights consequences, and the economic performance being very erratic to start, and those at the bottom getting almost no share in the GDP gains until after Pinochet left office and democratic governments began encouraging income redistribution).

It's called clown range for a reason.

24 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

Left

Democracy:

Extra rights and freebies for illegal immigrants and minorities, who are after all the only real citizens. If a left-wing candidate wins an election, he/she/they should take office. If a left-wing candidate loses, it must be a result of voter suppression or foreign interference.

Name one voice prominent on the Left claiming illegal immigrants are US citizens. Just one. Go.

Meanwhile it is the OFFICIAL POSITION OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY that putsches are legitimate political discourse. The official position.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/republican-party-calls-jan-6-attack-legitimate-political-discourse-1.6339875

3 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Moving the goalposts YET AGAIN.

I never claimed he directly advised Pinochet. I only claimed he was a “fan of Pinochet.” And he was.

He called what Pinochet accomplished a “miracle” (despite the horrible human rights consequences, and the economic performance being very erratic to start, and those at the bottom getting almost no share in the GDP gains until after Pinochet left office and democratic governments began encouraging income redistribution).

Just to show the sort of individual the American Right widely admires.

And Obama, Bernie and Justin Trudeau praised Fidel Castro. 

4 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Name one voice prominent on the Left claiming illegal immigrants are US citizens. Just one. Go.

They don't say so, but in California Newsom gave them free healthcare and some Democrats want to give them voting rights too, as if they are citizens.

Also who on the right has said that people on their side are the only real citizens?

12 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

Here's the one for Trudeau. 

https://www.cnn.com/2016/11/27/world/justin-trudeau-castro-eulogy-parody/index.html

I will look for Obama tomorrow. 

Yeah, that’s pretty bad (Trudeau). It’s also a eulogy. Not really on the same scale as running around for decades proclaiming what a dictator did to be a “miracle.”

I await your sourced Obama quote praising Castro.

On 6/14/2023 at 6:39 AM, Stormy said:

The thing is that Trump didn't commit any crime like the mainstream media is trying to imply. Not like Biden who had documents even before he was president. And he had them in unsecured places like his garage, in China Town of DC, and who knows where all. At least at Mar-A-Lago there are secret service guarding the place 24/7. Bedsides the Feds may have put those boxes and docs there as a setup, and who knows what were in them. This is just a total political witch hunt, and actually election interference, because their scientific internal polls are showing Trump as the frontrunner and the uni party is panicking because they know their crimes will be exposed if he's elected! We're officially a communist Banana Republic by arresting a political apponent. It's not just Trump they are after. It's us, he's just standing in their way! 

-Sigh-

Come on, man. I get the vibe that you are an ultra-MAGA Republican and with having some family members that are also ultra-MAGA, I know this is a common talking point among you guys. "But Biden!! But Hillary!!" I have a few points:

1. Biden is still currently under investigation for his handling of the documents. But guess what... Mike Pence also had documents found in his home. Want to know why he wasn't indicted? Because he complied with the law and didn't actively try to obstruct the investigation. I'll give you the Hillary situation back in 2016 was a bunch of malarky and IMO, she should have been prosecuted as she did try to obstruct the investigation by deleting thousands of emails. Unfortunately, we had James Comey back then who was as big of a hack as any previous FBI leader in the history of our country. Just the way the pendulum swings sometimes. But stop with this "what about everyone else?!?!?!" narrative because the fact of the matter is many politicians have been found with classified documents (which is a problem in and of it's own) and just as many have complied with the proceeding investigations. Trump did not. Period.

2. In relation to the above, Trump turned in 197 documents after many back and forths with NARA and the government. Guess what man??? He didn't get indicted for any of those!!! Not a single one. Because, again, in that instance he complied with the request of the government to return the documents. The 31 documents he didn't comply with and actively tried to hide, allegedly admitting as such on tape, he got indicted with because no matter how many times he may "just look" at a document, it doesn't make it de-classified and it doesn't make it his property. It's the property of the US Government, not Donald Trump. End of story.

3. Finally, I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot and Obama was found to be actively obstructing an investigation and willfully keeping documents that he wasn't allowed to have, would you be singing the same tune? If it was found that he was waving around and showing people some of our most closely held secrets, would you be saying that the DOJ is weaponized against Obama? Would you say that it's a 'witch hunt'? NO. You would be screaming from the rooftops that he should be in jail and never allowed to hold public office again because it was a complete dereliction of duty to put our nation's secrets in jeopardy like that. So stop with the utter hypocrisy.

As a staunchly conservative Republican (although I tend to have libertarian leanings at times), I implore you and your MAGA buddies to please please please reconsider voting for him. Even if you assume he is an innocent man and the entire world is out to get him, do you really want to take a chance that he loses to Biden because he's so focused on the myriad of legal issues and trials he'll be going through next year that he can't give his 110% into the campaign? Do you really want us to lose again, for the fourth time in a row? He is completely unelectable in a general election and will be going through so much shit next year that he is guaranteed to lose. So, if you vote for him, I'll ping you again next year when we lose and point to this post while saying "I told you so" and we stare down the barrel of a Kamala Harris presidency. But I'll try to hold back on calling you too much of an idiot.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

Which is not praise but rather a carefully crafted collection of weasel words that can be parsed pretty much any way the listener desires.

Isn't Castro the father of Justin Trudeau?

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

I had a 6-year-old call someone the N-word when I was at Hurricane Harbor, and he is black. The ones who are racist are not those what you think, racism has no boundaries.

I shooed him away from the wave pool when I heard it, I told him (This is directly what I said) "Hey! You said the N-word! Get out! Shoo!"

He didn't like it, but he moved out of the wave pool, he may have planned to do it anyways.

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

19 hours ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Meanwhile it is the OFFICIAL POSITION OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY that putsches are legitimate political discourse. The official position.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/republican-party-calls-jan-6-attack-legitimate-political-discourse-1.6339875

Kamala Harris thought the George Floyd riots were legitimate political discourse too and said they should not stop.

2 Democrats participated in the Tennessee capitol attack protesting trans restrictions. 

Let's just say both sides have idiots due to something not so nice called human nature. Marx denied such a thing exists when he said communism would put an end to all greed and envy and selfishness. 

Saying Trump directly caused the J6 attack is like having all its participants saying "The devil made me do it". There were also hints that something was going to happen before he made his speech that day.

Sadly, moderate politicians don't exist anymore on either side.

54 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

I doubt that, you must have saw that one cartoon of it.

Justin Trudeau gets a hug from Cuban President Fidel Castro in front of Notre-Dame Basilica in Montreal prior to the funeral of Pierre Trudeau, Oct 3, 2000.

• scream 1

Saying Trump directly caused the J6 attack is like having all its participants saying "The devil made me do it". There were also hints that something was going to happen before he made his speech that day.

One post, so much bullsh*t.

Yes, Trump most definitely DID cause the J6 attack.

How? By falsely claiming the election had been stolen from him.

I am not opposed to revolutionary action in all circumstances. Quite the contrary.

What happened on J6 would have been totally legitimate and justified IF IN FACT THE ELECTION HAD BEEN STOLEN FROM TRUMP. By pushing that narrative, he helped inspire what was only the natural and expected reaction in some who believed it.

• Like 1

Kamala Harris thought the George Floyd riots were legitimate political discourse too and said they should not stop.

2 Democrats participated in the Tennessee capitol attack protesting trans restrictions. 

Let's just say both sides have idiots due to something not so nice called human nature. Marx denied such a thing exists when he said communism would put an end to all greed and envy and selfishness. 

Sadly, moderate politicians don't exist anymore on either side.

Were you able to type this with with a straight face? 

For the Kamala Harris point, from the quick check I did, what she said was a little ambiguous (I didn't spend a lot of time researching it).  However she did not outright say the riots were legitimate political discourse....Protests, yes, but not riots, but she definitely could have worded it better based on the quote I read.

The Tennessee capital "attack"?  Seriously?  Attack?  It was a protest.  Nobody got hurt, nothing got damaged, nobody got arrested.  I'm personally not a fan of protests.  My kids are fairly politically minded, and I've made it clear that I am not a fan on protests and marches, but if they do ANYTHING that impedes an ordinary citizen from going about their life, or sh*t starts getting broken, there ***WOULD*** be problems.  So for me to say "it was just a protest" says something.

I definitely agree both sides do have idiots. 

Your comment about Trump and J6 is absolutely LAUGHABLE!!!  The Trump phenomena is truly a CULT following.  He is a master and finding his "mark" and homing in for the "kill"  I will give him credit there, he is a master manipulating people to follow him.  In this case, he spews his racists, nationalist rhetoric and draws out the white nationalist militia groups.  What does Trump love most?  Well, its a tie between money and power.  Where do you get access to the most money and the most power?  By being the leader of the free world.  But there is this little issue of elections and term limits.  So, he had to get himself into office, which he did.  Next step, staying there.  Putin did it in a very "elegant" Russian way, but their population is desensitized to government oppression, so he had an easier time of it.  How do you take over a government?  Pack the court with judges in your pocket (he didn't quite hit the mark on that).

Also, well organized militia.  History taught us that.

Point of clarification:  I am not saying that all Trump followers are white nationalist militia members, but it probably is a safe bet that a VAST majority of white nationalist militia members are Trump followers.

Name another President who has people going on TV saying they would die for them, or talk about them like they are the second coming of Christ.  I'm not saying they literally compare Trump to the 2nd coming of Christ, but the way they talk about him they might as well me.  I can dig up a metric f*ckton of links to videos if you would like, though I am sure you have seen them as well, though you saw them through maga red colored glasses.

And no there weren't any hints that something was going to happen, it was out in the open for all to see, as bold and blatant as his fake orange tan.

We start with the huge number of tweets about how he was robbed, how "WE" were robbed (as in him and his supporters).  All of the fake stolen, election tweets.  Your "dear Leader" opining about how he was grievously wronged.  What better way to whip up your rabid followers and into a frenzy?

He still carries on about how he got the most votes of any sitting president.  Technically that's true.  He just always manages to conveniently overlook that his opponent got even more than that, which means that his opponent got the most votes of any presidential candidate EVER!

As proof of the fact that his followers blindy follow him, none of them seem capable thinking that novel concept through.

Back to J6, he sends hundreds of tweets getting his followers riled up, convincing them the election was stolen, and nobody is doing anything to stop it.  "We" have to stop it.  The conservative news outlets conveniently fail to report that Trump lost 60 out of 61 election challenges, many of them handled by Trump appointed judges. 

Only those willing to look outside of Fox News, OAN and the other propanda outlets know about this.  And on that note, Trump's constant "fake news" to anything he doesn't like or agree with becomes an automatic response for his cult followers as well.  In doing that it also undermines the integrity of news outlets, which, let's be honest, they don't always do themselves any favors.  That's something I've been thinking about....how do you take the money out of the news industry (profit motive) without making it government owned (which is just as bad if not worse).

Final point about Trump and J6, his tweets: 

December 12th:  WE HAVE JUST BEGUN TO FIGHT!!! (in all caps).  Put that out there to a crowd that is already riled up and pissed off, convinced "their" president was robbed of his "rightful" throne....what do you think is going to happen?

December 19th:  He praises Peter Navarro's report (who is an even bigger fraud and hack than Trump) and tweets Statistically impossible to have lost the 2020 Election. Big protest in D.C. on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!”

December 26th:  The ‘Justice’ Department and the FBI have done nothing about the 2020 Presidential Election Voter Fraud, the biggest SCAM in our nation’s history, despite overwhelming evidence. They should be ashamed. History will remember. Never give up. See everyone in D.C. on January 6th

December 27th:  See you in Washington, DC, on January 6th. Don’t miss it. Information to follow!

Jan 1st:  The BIG Protest Rally in Washington, D.C., will take place at 11.00 A.M. on January 6th. Locational details to follow. StopTheSteal!

Jan 1st:  January 6th. See you in D.C.

Jan. 3: Trump retweeted @JenLawrence21, an organizer of a March for Trump bus tour: “Now we will bring it to DC on Jan 6 and PROUDLY stand beside you!

Hmmmm....I wonder if anything is going to happen to January 6th.  And what's the deal about January 6th other than its after January 5th and before January 7th.  Oh yeah that's right, that's when the election results become official.  It's the last chance to change the outcome.  And where does it happen?  Oh yeah, that's right...it happens in Washington DC...

So, yeah, I guess you could say there were.....hints....about as as subtle as a sledgehammer upside the head..🙄

I said it before and I'll say it again, this is just another sad disgusting show of the current state of the republican party.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

I had a 6-year-old call someone the N-word when I was at Hurricane Harbor, and he is black. The ones who are racist are not those what you think, racism has no boundaries.

I shooed him away from the wave pool when I heard it, I told him (This is directly what I said) "Hey! You said the N-word! Get out! Shoo!"

He didn't like it, but he moved out of the wave pool, he may have planned to do it anyways.

Ummm - I'm not entirely sure it's possible for a 6 year old to actually be racist.  That sounds more like a kid copying older people.

There might be some hope in the latest polls for you anti-trumpers. Took you guys long enough. :)

Poll analysis.

The bottom line

The 2024 election is still almost a year and a half away, and the prosecutors trying to hold Trump accountable will need to keep making their case not only in courtrooms but also to the public if they hope to convince most Americans of the seriousness of the charges. But those prosecutors do not need to convince most Republicans in order to succeed.

Just look at what happened in the 2022 midterm elections. A small slice of Republican voters was unhappy enough with Trump’s anti-democratic behavior (and the Supreme Court’s abortion ruling) to defect from the party, helping Democrats keep control of the Senate. The last two presidential elections offer a similar case study: Trump lost the presidency in 2020 partly because 11 percent of typical Republican voters supported Joe Biden, up from 9 percent who voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016, according to Catalist, a data firm.

Fifty percent isn’t the only number that matters when you’re looking at a subgroups in poll. Small shifts within each party can determine election outcomes.

9 hours ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

Were you able to type this with with a straight face? 

For the Kamala Harris point, from the quick check I did, what she said was a little ambiguous (I didn't spend a lot of time researching it).  However she did not outright say the riots were legitimate political discourse....Protests, yes, but not riots, but she definitely could have worded it better based on the quote I read.

The Tennessee capital "attack"?  Seriously?  Attack?  It was a protest.  Nobody got hurt, nothing got damaged, nobody got arrested.  I'm personally not a fan of protests.  My kids are fairly politically minded, and I've made it clear that I am not a fan on protests and marches, but if they do ANYTHING that impedes an ordinary citizen from going about their life, or sh*t starts getting broken, there ***WOULD*** be problems.  So for me to say "it was just a protest" says something.

I definitely agree both sides do have idiots. 

Your comment about Trump and J6 is absolutely LAUGHABLE!!!  The Trump phenomena is truly a CULT following.  He is a master and finding his "mark" and homing in for the "kill"  I will give him credit there, he is a master manipulating people to follow him.  In this case, he spews his racists, nationalist rhetoric and draws out the white nationalist militia groups.  What does Trump love most?  Well, its a tie between money and power.  Where do you get access to the most money and the most power?  By being the leader of the free world.  But there is this little issue of elections and term limits.  So, he had to get himself into office, which he did.  Next step, staying there.  Putin did it in a very "elegant" Russian way, but their population is desensitized to government oppression, so he had an easier time of it.  How do you take over a government?  Pack the court with judges in your pocket (he didn't quite hit the mark on that).

Also, well organized militia.  History taught us that.

Point of clarification:  I am not saying that all Trump followers are white nationalist militia members, but it probably is a safe bet that a VAST majority of white nationalist militia members are Trump followers.

Name another President who has people going on TV saying they would die for them, or talk about them like they are the second coming of Christ.  I'm not saying they literally compare Trump to the 2nd coming of Christ, but the way they talk about him they might as well me.  I can dig up a metric f*ckton of links to videos if you would like, though I am sure you have seen them as well, though you saw them through maga red colored glasses.

And no there weren't any hints that something was going to happen, it was out in the open for all to see, as bold and blatant as his fake orange tan.

We start with the huge number of tweets about how he was robbed, how "WE" were robbed (as in him and his supporters).  All of the fake stolen, election tweets.  Your "dear Leader" opining about how he was grievously wronged.  What better way to whip up your rabid followers and into a frenzy?

He still carries on about how he got the most votes of any sitting president.  Technically that's true.  He just always manages to conveniently overlook that his opponent got even more than that, which means that his opponent got the most votes of any presidential candidate EVER!

As proof of the fact that his followers blindy follow him, none of them seem capable thinking that novel concept through.

Back to J6, he sends hundreds of tweets getting his followers riled up, convincing them the election was stolen, and nobody is doing anything to stop it.  "We" have to stop it.  The conservative news outlets conveniently fail to report that Trump lost 60 out of 61 election challenges, many of them handled by Trump appointed judges. 

Only those willing to look outside of Fox News, OAN and the other propanda outlets know about this.  And on that note, Trump's constant "fake news" to anything he doesn't like or agree with becomes an automatic response for his cult followers as well.  In doing that it also undermines the integrity of news outlets, which, let's be honest, they don't always do themselves any favors.  That's something I've been thinking about....how do you take the money out of the news industry (profit motive) without making it government owned (which is just as bad if not worse).

Final point about Trump and J6, his tweets: 

December 12th:  WE HAVE JUST BEGUN TO FIGHT!!! (in all caps).  Put that out there to a crowd that is already riled up and pissed off, convinced "their" president was robbed of his "rightful" throne....what do you think is going to happen?

December 19th:  He praises Peter Navarro's report (who is an even bigger fraud and hack than Trump) and tweets Statistically impossible to have lost the 2020 Election. Big protest in D.C. on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!”

December 26th:  The ‘Justice’ Department and the FBI have done nothing about the 2020 Presidential Election Voter Fraud, the biggest SCAM in our nation’s history, despite overwhelming evidence. They should be ashamed. History will remember. Never give up. See everyone in D.C. on January 6th

December 27th:  See you in Washington, DC, on January 6th. Don’t miss it. Information to follow!

Jan 1st:  The BIG Protest Rally in Washington, D.C., will take place at 11.00 A.M. on January 6th. Locational details to follow. StopTheSteal!

Jan 1st:  January 6th. See you in D.C.

Jan. 3: Trump retweeted @JenLawrence21, an organizer of a March for Trump bus tour: “Now we will bring it to DC on Jan 6 and PROUDLY stand beside you!

Hmmmm....I wonder if anything is going to happen to January 6th.  And what's the deal about January 6th other than its after January 5th and before January 7th.  Oh yeah that's right, that's when the election results become official.  It's the last chance to change the outcome.  And where does it happen?  Oh yeah, that's right...it happens in Washington DC...

So, yeah, I guess you could say there were.....hints....about as as subtle as a sledgehammer upside the head..🙄

I said it before and I'll say it again, this is just another sad disgusting show of the current state of the republican party.

Didn't know about all of those Trump tweets, but here is one from Kamala Harris

image.png.47a6d46b755c7660784cf28e9eb94f9f.png

I wonder if Trump should do a J6 Freedom Fund.'

Kamala also said in an interview:

"They’re not gonna stop [...] this is a movement I'm telling you, they’re not gonna stop. And everyone beware, because they’re not gonna stop, they’re not gonna stop before election day in November, and they’re not gonna stop after election day [...] and everyone should take note of that on both levels, that they’re not gonna let up, and they should not, and we should not."

She did not specifically mention riots, just protests, but most of the Trump tweets only mentioned protests too.

However, there's lots of moderates who think the Republicans have gone too far right and the Democrats have gone too far left.

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

— Carl Sagan, circa 1995

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

Didn't know about all of those Trump tweets, but here is one from Kamala Harris

image.png.47a6d46b755c7660784cf28e9eb94f9f.png

I wonder if Trump should do a J6 Freedom Fund.'

Kamala also said in an interview:

"They’re not gonna stop [...] this is a movement I'm telling you, they’re not gonna stop. And everyone beware, because they’re not gonna stop, they’re not gonna stop before election day in November, and they’re not gonna stop after election day [...] and everyone should take note of that on both levels, that they’re not gonna let up, and they should not, and we should not."

She did not specifically mention riots, just protests, but most of the Trump tweets only mentioned protests too.

However, there's lots of moderates who think the Republicans have gone too far right and the Democrats have gone too far left.

Protesting against police brutality (that actually did happen) in random urban cores while not attempting to turn the USA into a dictatorship with a president for life is exactly comparable to protesting against a stolen election (that did not happen) at the US Capitol while Congress is in session with the goal of turning the USA into a dictatorship with a president for life.

But of course. How obvious, and how stupid of me to overlook that fact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Protesting against police brutality (that actually did happen) in random urban cores while not attempting to turn the USA into a dictatorship with a president for life is exactly comparable to protesting against a stolen election (that did not happen) at the US Capitol while Congress is in session with the goal of turning the USA into a dictatorship with a president for life.

But of course. How obvious, and how stupid of me to overlook that fact.

Yes, it's not as big of a crime, but she still appeared to want to bail out the people who got arrested for rioting. The second quote could have inspired some riots too. Even peaceful protesting gets old after a few months. Also the riots lasted for months while J6 was one day, and J6 too could have been partially inspired by the riots. Call it payback. That doesn't make it right, but let's say J6 gets a 1500 point rating for being heinous and each of the buildings destroyed in the riots gets a 15 point rating for being heinous. I'm sure there were at least 100 buildings destroyed, so 15*100 = 1500.

Another thing is that many did feel the election could be fraudulent due to all the mail-in ballots and the investigations were still going on at that time. Even some people on the left used to believe that absentee ballots are the most prone to fraud until they changed their position in 2020.

Still I feel sorry for all the leftists living in this horrible fascist and racist country. A few examples.

1. Leftists whining about voter ID rules: Polls showed that a majority of both Democrats and Republicans favored voter ID laws. Those great European countries they're always talking about have stricter voter ID laws than America.
  2. Complaints about DeSantis and others trying to ban "gender-affirming" care for minors. Again, those great socialist countries, Finland and Sweden that the left adores, have banned recently puberty blockers for children. What hateful evil fascist bigots they must be.

1 hour ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

Another thing is that many did feel the election could be fraudulent due to all the mail-in ballots and the investigations were still going on at that time. Even some people on the left used to believe that absentee ballots are the most prone to fraud until they changed their position in 2020.

EmJzUo7VoAIVoJN.thumb.jpeg.62ffdc91116d9019523931814c31c52d.jpeg

14 hours ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Marx never denied human nature existed; he just believed it would lead inexorably to communism.

Which I suppose is accurate when we see the murder communism led to, a true expression of the darkest and most primal aspects of human nature. As evidenced through our current obsession with sexual "liberation," which inexorably leads to further deviance, perversion, suffering, and sterility. 

Edited by SilverFallsAndrew
  • Like 1
  • lol 1

Yes, it's not as big of a crime, but she still appeared to want to bail out the people who got arrested for rioting. The second quote could have inspired some riots too. Even peaceful protesting gets old after a few months. Also the riots lasted for months while J6 was one day, and J6 too could have been partially inspired by the riots. Call it payback. That doesn't make it right, but let's say J6 gets a 1500 point rating for being heinous and each of the buildings destroyed in the riots gets a 15 point rating for being heinous. I'm sure there were at least 100 buildings destroyed, so 15*100 = 1500.

Still I feel sorry for all the leftists living in this horrible fascist and racist country. A few examples.

1. Leftists whining about voter ID rules: Polls showed that a majority of both Democrats and Republicans favored voter ID laws. Those great European countries they're always talking about have stricter voter ID laws than America.
  2. Complaints about DeSantis and others trying to ban "gender-affirming" care for minors. Again, those great socialist countries, Finland and Sweden that the left adores, have banned recently puberty blockers for children. What hateful evil fascist bigots they must be.

That wouldn't by chance have anything to do with the fact that Trump and the right wing propanda outlets started trumpeting discrediting the election MONTHS before the election even happened would it?  It even got to the point where Trump was asked if he was going to honor the results of the election and he could not answer a straight up "yes" 

It was "if I think it was fair....if I think it wasn't rigged"  I think he even said "If it says I am the winner" at some point.

Do I need to dig up tweets again?  As for the surge in mail in ballots, if you'll remember correctly, there was this little thing called Covid in 2020, and while many red states thought it no big deal, there were still a lot of people who were not interested in standing in line with a bunch of people fall of 2020.

I believe those investigations were started by MAGA sympathizers as part of Trump's master plan to sow doubt in the election, and sadly it had some effect.

1 hour ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Which I suppose is accurate when we see the murder communism led to, a true expression of the darkest and most primal aspects of human nature. As evidenced through our current obsession with sexual "liberation," which inexorably leads to further deviance, perversion, suffering, and sterility. 

Yes, I know some people won't be happy until people like me (non-heterosexuals) are forced back into the closet. (Even though my home life is for the most part shockingly boring and mundane.)

If that is the essence of the America you want to preserve, you had D**n well better believe that, yes, I am out to destroy it. And permanently.

As I see it, Western philosophy and culture are far from perfect, but *did* create the Enlightenment and political liberalism (in the broad sense, which includes both classic and modern liberalism), which do legitimize questioning established traditions (and changing them, should they be found wanting), and I do value those concepts, and believe in pursuing them.

So far as communist (Leninist, Stalinist, Maoist) mass murders, there have been terrible ones. Then again, there have been terrible murders in the name of capitalism and imperialism, such as the one in the Congo Basin circa 1880 to to 1900, or the Irish Potato Famine (very much caused by British imperialism, as were multiple famines in India). Or the mass murders done by those whose self-appointed mission was saving the world from left-wing revolution (e.g. the Holocaust and the Semaine Sanglante). (And if you haven't heard about some/all of these, you might want to ask yourself why, and what all the selective presentation has to say about bias in our educational system.)

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

As evidenced through our current obsession with sexual "liberation," which inexorably leads to further deviance, perversion, suffering, and sterility. 

That's some upper echelon televangelist horse shite right there. 

You wanna rage against the keyboard warrior/cancel culture Gestapo?  I'm with you.  You post stuff like this?  I'll laugh at you.

• Weenie 1