2/14-2/17 Possible Winter Storm Train

Minny_Weather

Yeah, definitely a drying for east-central/southeast Iowa as the focus has shifted to nw Iowa.  However, this thing is still 3+ days away.  The first wave hasn't even moved onshore yet.  I'm sure the qpf hot spots will jump around.  The UK has the hot spot over here and drier out west, so it's still up in the air.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

I think S.MN does (MSP etc and SW WI)) really good with this 2nd wave- better than what current guidance is showing and has showed. S.IA not so well .

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Wonder if we should start a separate thread for the 20th-21st system just so it compartmentalizes things???  All these waves in one thread can get a little bunched up.  Let's just keep the 1st and 2nd wave in this thread.

Yes and the 3rd wave has been a producer in the southern and central plains in previous cycles.

• Like 1

Hopefully, both waves give me a couple to even several inches of snow. Got to continue adding in the snow dept. Slowly creeping up to near average after a very slow start.

• Like 2

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN Insane!

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024: Trace

Season So Far: 26.7"

If we end both waves with anything less than 6" I'll be disappointed imo. With the fact that the sun is getting higher, any near freezing temps with the sun out has the potential to obliterate a 4" snowpack in a day or two.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

This zonal flow isn't helping this system for my area. We will see. Hopefully, better trends as we go along into this weekend.

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN Insane!

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024: Trace

Season So Far: 26.7"

If we end both waves with anything less than 6" I'll be disappointed imo. With the fact that the sun is getting higher, any near freezing temps with the sun out has the potential to obliterate a 4" snowpack in a day or two.

Prepare to be disappointed. It's just how things go around here it seems.

• Like 1