March 2019 Weather Discussion in the PNW

BLI snowman

Lows for other stations in the area:

Boeing Field: 23

Renton: 26

Puyallup: 18

Tacoma McChord: 15

Exciting!      And you did not mention OLM this time.

You seem to only mention OLM when it fits your narrative.    Which is of course absolutely true... and everyone does it.   But you don't even live in the Olympia area.   :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Hmmmm, I’m starting to think that Bozeman may have a colder climate than SEA, and is capable of greater extremes. Another several months of hammering out the details and we could have it down to a science.

Whatever it takes to get us through the summer!!

• Like 1

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Without taking the time to catch up on the drama, looks like Tim is back to his usual shenanigans and everyone else is back to calling him out on it.

This place doesn't miss a beat...

Yep.   Usual shenanigans.   

Its not everyone... its mostly Phil who is on the war path with me lately.    

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I was pretty surprised when I saw the 12z ECMWF.  Quite a bit of snow Wednesday night into the weekend.  It's just amazing how the cold keeps getting extended.  It appears at least somewhat likely a lot of places will see at lest some snow this week.  Meanwhile...16 in OLM this morning breaking the record from 1955.  Pretty wild to see any records from that cold wave fall.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I was pretty surprised when I saw the 12z ECMWF.  Quite a bit of snow Wednesday night into the weekend.  It's just amazing how the cold keeps getting extended.  It appears at least somewhat likely a lot of places will see at lest some snow this week.  Meanwhile...16 in OLM this morning breaking the record from 1955.  Pretty wild to see any records from that cold wave fall.

Actually several chances for snow on the 12Z ECMWF.     

That’s impressive. Surprised you sat on that ice nugget until almost 6pm!

Yeah we decoupled quick last night. Down to 20 when I went to bed.

It’s been interesting that the offshore gradients have remained pretty deep throughout this. Definitely a downslope component during daytime mixing.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Actually several chances for snow on the 12Z ECMWF.     

It's certainly showing enough to take it somewhat seriously.  A lot of water shown Wednesday evening.  I was also surprised by all of the other opportunities being shown.  A couple with no doubt it would be cold enough for snow too.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I ended my subscription to weathermodels.com so not sure, unfortunately.

How much do they charge per month?

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I ended my subscription to weathermodels.com so not sure, unfortunately.

Given the model trends... I am guessing it was snowy.      It will be interesting to see what the 00Z run shows.     I no longer think we are done with lowland snow.  

22 for a low and 42 for a high. Currently 36. Very impressive.

No doubt!  I ended up with 44-29 which isn't as spectacular as some, but it's still well below normal.  The ECMWF shows the wind will die here tonight so it might get a chance to really plunge.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Exciting!      And you did not mention OLM this time.

You seem to only mention OLM when it fits your narrative.    Which is of course absolutely true... and everyone does it.   But you don't even live in the Olympia area.   :)

SEA is the outlier in this case. Literally the warmest station in the area.

You are focusing on the outlier to fit your narrative. I am not.

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

SEA is the outlier in this case. You are focusing on the outlier to fit your narrative. I am not.

Who gives a crap?   It was not that impressive here and I used SEA to back that up.   And Jim just reported the same thing in between here and SEA.   

We live here... outlier or not.   Don't care.   Every time you use OLM... its to push some narrative you have and that is fine.  Because you live a thousand miles away and it has no effect on you personally.

It was chilly and pleasant across the entire region today.... uniformly.    Maybe tonight there will be record-breaking cold at SEA!    

You are actually the one person here who did in fact create an alternate reality and then attacked everyone for questioning him. And then was proven to be a liar. :lol: :lol:

Thing is, I grew out of it. You still haven’t.

And I was a troubled teenager. You’re pushing 50 and relatively well to-do. What’s your excuse?

• Like 1

Lows for other stations in the area:

Boeing Field: 23

Renton: 26

Puyallup: 18

Tacoma McChord: 15

How dare you question SEA. It’s representative of the entire planet and anyone who argues otherwise is a serial liar cloistered away in stampede pass.

That would be something special if we get accumulating snow Wednesday night.

The 12z Euro actually looks somewhat impressive.  Enough moisture to give much of King County 2 or 3 inches.  The model also indicates the air mass will chill very rapidly from evaporative cooling early in the event.  It's well worth noting the model trends have been to make this thing much wetter than earlier thought.  The ECMWF is also good to King County on a few other occasions later in the week.  I'm also pretty impressed how the next reinforcing shot of cold went from nothing worth mentioning a few days ago to another solid cold shot now.  The GFS ensemble shows another possible dip later on as well.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Thing is, I grew out of it. You still haven’t.

And I was a troubled teenager. You’re pushing 50 and relatively well to-do. What’s your excuse?

For doing what?   Lying about where I live and the weather conditions?   What am I doing?   

You have not grown out of anything.    No idea why you have been trying to pick a fight me with for a couple weeks now.   But its multiple times a day for no apparent reason and in response to posts that are pages back.     It really feels like you are stressed about something and just want to take it out on someone.  

I reported non-stop about the record breaking cold and snow in February.   

How dare you question SEA. It’s representative of the entire planet and anyone who argues otherwise is a serial liar cloistered away in stampede pass.

:lol:

Hot button!    

Nam shows a quick hitting heavy band of snow hitting the Puget Sound on Thursday

ECMWF sort of showed that... and then another band on Friday morning.

Yeah we decoupled quick last night. Down to 20 when I went to bed.

It’s been interesting that the offshore gradients have remained pretty deep throughout this. Definitely a downslope component during daytime mixing.

It’s been a fascinating pattern in many ways.

Hopefully we will be able to join in on the decouplyimpics tonight.

For doing what? Lying about where I live and the weather conditions? What am I doing?

You have not grown out of anything. No idea why you have been trying to pick a fight me with for a couple weeks now. But its multiple times a day for no apparent reason and in response to posts that are pages back. It really feels like you are stressed about something and just want to take it out on someone.

I reported non-stop about the record breaking cold and snow in February.

The bolded feels like a projection on your part (the truth is you’re stressed about the prospect of a cold spring, and are venting by calling me a liar bringing up drama from a decade ago).

As for me, I haven’t been doing anything different here as far as I know..I’ve playfully trolled you and a few others but never with evil intent. I’ve been a bit busy over the last few months, I guess, but that’s nothing new for me. I did lose a friend recently (her funeral was on the 1st) but I’m certain that has not affected my temperament here. The stuff you’re talking about goes way back, right to the beginning of the western cold pattern..which is probably no coincidence.

The bolded seems like a projection on your part (the truth is you’re stressed about the prospect of a cold spring, and are venting by bringing up decade-old drama and calling me a liar).

As for me, I haven’t been doing anything different here as far as I know..I’ve playfully trolled you and a few others but never with evil intent. I’ve been a bit busy over the last few months, I guess. And I lost a friend recently (her funeral was on the 1st) but I’m certain that has not affected my temperament here.

You seem to just really want me to be stressed... hence your trolling is always geared in that direction.     And then you resort to mocking actual observations of weather that is happening here.    :rolleyes:

I heap praise on you all the time and don't actively cheer against you.   But whatever.  

Newcomer to the forum. Might I suggest Tim and Phil continue their conversation over email...

We had our own thread back in 2016.   :)