August 2019 Weather Discussion for the PNW

Omegaraptor

It was pretty cloudy last week when I was in Scotland. I saw many people there enjoying it and my coworkers said they were jealous.

Who gives a f×ck? Its been unusually cloudy during troughy periods up here. That is just a fact. I don't care if you love it or hate it.

Its just what has happened.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

#thickshkin

Not angry. I truly don't care if you are vampire and want darkness every day. Still been usually cloudy out here during troughy periods due to added moisture.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Who gives a f×ck? Its been unusually cloudy during troughy periods up here. That is just a fact. I don't care if you love it or hate it.

Its just what has happened.

Beautiful country out there. Refreshing to see legitimately green hills shimmering in the midsummer light. Not sure whether many daytime plans were "ruined" by the clouds and

Beautiful country out there. Refreshing to see legitimately green hills shimmering in the midsummer light. Not sure whether many daytime plans were "ruined" by the clouds and

Minnesota is legitimately green in the summer too... and warm and sunny.

North Bend is also very green and quite sunny in the summer

Sorry you live in a wasteland!

Who gives a f×ck? That is just a fact. We don't care if you love it or hate it.

We love it here. But that is irrelevant. I can report on what is happening. I always compare to normal for here.

Sometimes is sunnier than normal... sometimes its cloudier.

I hear a lot of after-New Years snow isn't a big deal for them there, either.

Sounds like an interesting place.

Lots of complaining about snow starting in January and February. Human nature.

Don’t you DARE turn that around on him. It’s on now. Matt?!? Gimme somethin’ to like.

Nothing to turn around. Its just dumb to tell me about Scotland in terms of climo here. Irrelevant.

But I know the people of Scotland and Ireland are known to be very happy and not angry at all. :)

Pleasant evening. Things are more normal feeling now compared to 2 days ago.

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

Starting to look like we may have to wait yet another year for that cool August.

#whosawthatcoming

In this last decade, a normal August would be considered "cool" :P

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

Nothing to turn around. Its just dumb to tell me about Scotland in terms of climo here. Irrelevant.

But I know the people of Scotland and Ireland are known to be very happy and not angry at all. :)

It's sunny and warm most of the year in the Middle East. Very happy and peaceful place.

A forum for the end of the world.

Sounds like people that hail from that state have a tough time accepting their respective climos.

Might warrant further research when I have time. 

No problem accepting climo.    I would not want to live in Scotland though... just my opinion of course.  

Normal summer in North Bend is much nicer... per climo.   ;)

nb1.png

glascow.png

It's sunny and warm most of the year in the Middle East. Very happy and peaceful place.

Too hot... no plant life.

Too extreme the other way.

Living in 120-degree dirt has to make people angry!

You need to better familiarize yourself with the climates of Syria, Israel, etc.

I recently saw a documentary on Syria and thought the landscape actually looked pretty nice... such a waste.  

It was pretty cloudy last week when I was in Scotland. I saw many people there enjoying it and my coworkers said they were jealous.

I would absolutely love to live in Scotland.  I think the only thing holding back is I don't think my kids would want to live there, and I don't like the idea of being so far away from them.....

I would absolutely love to live in Scotland.  I think the only thing holding back is I don't think my kids would want to live there, and I don't like the idea of being so far away from them.....

Just move to Juneau.   Much easier and much closer.

Even more beautiful scenery, dreary and depressing summers, and much more snow in the winter.   

Is Tim okay? Wow, today was beautiful and he still got triggered.

I am not triggered at all.   And the weather is beautiful.

You seem to be triggered though... of course you are always triggered by even my most benign posts.   

80-90% of your posts on here are you being triggered by either me or Phil.    :rolleyes:

Just move to Juneau.   Much easier and much closer.

Even more beautiful scenery, dreary and depressing summers, and much more snow in the winter.   

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Juneau or better yet, Ketchikan, but I also love the history, people/culture in Scotland.  The company I work for has offices in Wales, and I've thought about trying to get transferred there just to get on the island, then it would be easier to get up to Scotland and get my fix (still have the issue with being so far from the kids though).

I've also been trying to get work up on the North Slope.  I love the cold and clouds don't really bother me.

• Like 1

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Juneau or better yet, Ketchikan, but I also love the history, people/culture in Scotland. The company I work for has offices in Wales, and I've thought about trying to get transferred there just to get on the island, then it would be easier to get up to Scotland and get my fix (still have the issue with being so far from the kids though).

I've also been trying to get work up on the North Slope. I love the cold and clouds don't really bother me.

Hope you end up in a place that makes you happy.

You forgot to call him a vampire, tell him there’s something wrong with him mentally since normal people crave sunshine and warmth, and post a snappy Gollum meme.

Different strokes for different folks.

And side note... I did not call anyone a vampire. I said that I did not care if you were a vampire and craved the darkness... its irrelevant to a climo discussion.

We will be in Tukwila Fri-Sat for our daughter's soccer tournament, looks pleasant, mid to upper 70's, maybe some clouds but should still be light out.

Triggered.

Pleasant 65F and clear out there.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

It’s been strange watching the Euro follow the GFS around the past several days.

Hasn’t the EC been lagging since the FV3 injection?

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope