11/29 - 11/30 Plains/Midwest Snowstorm

Tom

I've been under 3 winter storm watches already this season. More than probably all of last year when we had 14" of snow total. Of the first two, one watch went to a warning and the other an advisory. In the first two storms, I've had rain and then an hour of snow that accumulated to a 1/2", and in the second storm just had freezing rain and sleet that really only accumulated a bit on trees and decks. This storm looks to give me 2-4" of snow max. Watch will probably be changed to an advisory too. Not a lot to get excited about so far. Will probably end up with 4" of snow total in the first 3 watches of the season

Those 12z NAM runs show a very widespread 2-4" around that heavy band. Gotta remember there will be mixed precip for a lot of us, which is maybe why the models are showing lesser snow amounts. DMX is talking rain/frz rain for part of the event.

Wait... did you mean 12-14"?

I'll be happy with whatever I see, snow in November for us doesn't happen very often. With that being said this is my second November in a row with snow so whatever else falls is a bonus. I'm thinking 3-6" along the Platte river with my area seeing 2-4". One thing is certain, even with the teleconnections being the way they are its been stormy, I can't wait to see what the cold phase of the LRC will bring.