11/29 - 11/30 Plains/Midwest Snowstorm

Tom

I'm really pullin' for your in eastern Nebraska to get a good snow out of this system.

RGEM pulling that higher qpf area further south.

post-7-0-01153200-1448822833_thumb.png

Ride the GFS!

post-7-0-26152500-1448822963_thumb.png

• Like 2

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

Neat. Winter storm warning for Omaha for up to .25" ice and only 2-4" of snow. I'd rather it just rain than deal with stupid ice and just a couple of inches of snow. Another disappointment. 2 winter storm warnings and a winter weather advisory already this season, and we'll be lucky to total 4" of snow between all 3

Neat. Winter storm warning for Omaha for up to .25" ice and only 2-4" of snow. I'd rather it just rain than deal with stupid ice and just a couple of inches of snow. Another disappointment. 2 winter storm warnings and a winter weather advisory already this season, and we'll be lucky to total 4" of snow between all 3

At least it's active!

HRRR has LNK/OMA as the hotspot for precip. Here is the snowfall, still snowing at this point as well: 

http://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/HRRR/for_web/hrrr_jet/2015112913/t2/acsnw_t2sfc_f24.png

EDIT: Not sure how much effort they put in here, but given where the Heavy Snow looks to fall (Minnesota), they are claiming it to be right overtop of OMA/LNK, i think this could get interesting. 

http://origin.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/noaa/noaad1.gif?1448839577

• Like 1

I just don't understand why it's that narrow. I rarely see it that narrow in any storm. Pretty much screws almost the entire state it that's the case.

We used to get Norluns in the northeast that were like that. Nor'Easters used to do that same thing as well when they had heavy banding. Some areas would have 25" and others a few miles away would have 10"

HRRR has LNK/OMA as the hotspot for precip. Here is the snowfall, still snowing at this point as well: 

http://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/HRRR/for_web/hrrr_jet/2015112913/t2/acsnw_t2sfc_f24.png

EDIT: Not sure how much effort they put in here, but given where the Heavy Snow looks to fall (Minnesota), they are claiming it to be right overtop of OMA/LNK, i think this could get interesting. 

http://origin.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/noaa/noaad1.gif?1448839577

I just don't understand why it's that narrow.  I rarely see it that narrow in any storm.  Pretty much screws almost the entire state it that's the case.

Doesn't match the alignment of the snowfall Hastings and Omaha is predicting....their band of snow is aligned NW to SE. Gonna be an interesting next 24-48 hours. What I don't get is how OAX and Hastings can be so off on their warnings and advisories. Their warnings look so weird next to Hastings WWA for the CWA. 

StormTotalSnow.png

You should be exited, we have had 3 ULL's pass directly over SE Nebraska in a matter of 3 weeks. This winter will be a roller coaster active year and this year's severe weather season is going to be insane. I'm loving the set up of the LRC, can't wait to see the actual forecast. 

00z NAM suggests a nice "thump" snow over OMA/LNK between 8:00am - Noon tomorrow.  Showing 1-2"/hr snowfall rates with that band which rolls on through.  3-6" ain't bad at all since its only late November.  Hope it works out for you guys.

Through Monday midnight...