2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

The media needs Trump and Trump needs the media and they both are good at trolling each other. It's quite fascinating, and going to be interesting to watch how it plays out the next four years.

Media likes Trump because of the ratings/controversies and Trump likes the media because it gets his base worked up when he calls them out all the time. 

Has anyone heard about the new First Lady being made fun of for giving Michelle Obama a gift? This stuff just blows my mind! You can't do something nice without being called out for it? What a bunch of classless, sour, people. Sheesh!

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Union leaders praising a republican president

You don't see that often but it happened today. They said they had an incredible meeting (union leaders from all over)

How is that possible with the worst President ever? They must be lying to us. :lol:

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

If you haven't heard Ashley Judd's inspiring speech from the Women's March you HAVE to take a listen. Just absolutely filthy and disgusting. Nice to see they are still digging themselves a deeper hole.

I can't imagine a man with any sense wanting to marry a skank that would actually agree with the vulgar vomit she spewed.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

OMG these people are unhinged! Absolutely hilarious video of a woman making an utter fool of herself berating a Trump supporter on an airplane. Her husband looks like he wants to kill her as they are being kicked off! :lol:

Was there anything like this from the Republicans when Obama was elected?

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/01/23/woman-kicked-off-plane-for-berating-trump-supporter-in-viral-video.html?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_1423649

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Part of me thinks that's why the democrats and media have pushed back so hardly against Trump. Sure, he has a certain amount coming to him via his own actions/words but he is also threatening some longtime Democrat strongholds with both viewpoints and actions:

Great post!

Probably way more constructive than the ones I do.

On the issue of the bathrooms...I think he may go against the way he really feels on that one. Those types of things are a pretty big deal to a lot of his base and possibly his advisors also.

I also think the media and the democrats in general are very uncomfortable with Trump's nationalistic views. For some reason many of them love globalism. I hate it myself.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Great post!

Probably way more constructive than the ones I do.

On the issue of the bathrooms...I think he may go against the way he really feels on that one. Those types of things are a pretty big deal to a lot of his base and possibly his advisors also.

I also think the media and the democrats in general are very uncomfortable with Trump's nationalistic views. For some reason many of them love globalism. I hate it myself.

I watched a fascinating documentary last night on Nat Geo about post WWII Europe and the rampant nationalism at that time after Germany fell.   

It was absolutely shocking what happened.    Here is an example that was in the show last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy56AONULn8

Its easy to go way too far in the name of nationalism.   The vast majority of people are innocent and just trying make a good life for themselves and their family.  

Some quotes as food for thought... there is probably a middle ground.   

Nationalism divides. Patriotism unites. Divided, we fall; united, we stand. So, if your interest is in destroying the country, nationalism is a surefire way to do it, as evidenced by so many civil wars and regional conflicts. But if you love your country and want to see it succeed, patriotism—a love of country and the people in it—is what you want: the exact opposite of nationalism.

“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.”

― Albert Einstein

“It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.”

-Voltaire

“Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.”

― Arthur Schopenhauer

“Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious”

― Oscar Wilde

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

You're late. Everyone has already moved on.

:lol:

Speak for yourself. 

And for once, try actually addressing the content of my posts. It gets pretty annoying when all you're doing is responding with nothing posts, which is what you've done to about the last 5 posts of mine you responded to. I know you're capable of more, so that's not the issue.

Honestly, it's rude. If someone puts thought and effort into a post, and all you do is respond with a thoughtless dismissal, that shows a lack of respect. Not good for real conversation, either.

Man up and write a real response, or don't respond to my posts. Thanks.

A forum for the end of the world.

Has anyone heard about the new First Lady being made fun of for giving Michelle Obama a gift? This stuff just blows my mind! You can't do something nice without being called out for it? What a bunch of classless, sour, people. Sheesh!

You'll always find stuff like this to bother you if you're looking for it.

I'd suggest not looking for it so much?

:lol:

Speak for yourself. 

And for once, try actually addressing the content of my posts. It gets pretty annoying when all you're doing is responding with nothing posts, which is what you've done to about the last 5 posts of mine you responded to. I know you're capable of more, so that's not the issue.

Honestly, it's rude. If someone puts thought and effort into a post, and all you do is respond with a thoughtless dismissal, that shows a lack of respect. Not good for real conversation, either.

Man up and write a real response, or don't respond to my posts. Thanks.

Most of my ideas were pretty well hashed out in the debate over the same topic that I had with Dewey. You can go back and look at those if you'd like.

You'll always find stuff like this to bother you if you're looking for it.

I'd suggest not looking for it so much?

Jim seems to think that if one person in the world says something incendiary or makes an issue of something Trump-related then it's indicative of a wider scale conspiracy and also reflective of everyone on the other side of the aisle.

The tendency to be baited into t1t-for-tat outrage contests is an awfully good barometer of one's partisanship.

• Like 3

Sarcastic. I was making fun of Flatiron's tendency to normalize him whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Absolutely shaking in my boots. Or whatever else you need to tell yourself to invalidate my accurate observation. :lol:

Seriously? :lol:

I'm just gonna walk away from this one. Trumps behavior throughout the campaign and now leading up to and continuing after the Inauguration speaks for itself. He is an incredibly divisive figure and he has brought almost all of it upon himself. Feel free to continue to play dumb/Devil's advocate though. It is what you do best. :)

You really need to go into politics.

It's so confusing why people are protesting Trump! I just can't figure it out.

At some point you need to realize you can't defend Trump at every turn (especially with things that shouldn't be defended) and then pretend to be in the "middle" the next moment. Can't have it both ways.

You're late. Everyone has already moved on.

This is just from the past couple days. A bunch of flippant dismissals, mixed with a healthy dose of ad hominem statements ("you're always trying to normalize Trump", "you need to go into politics", "you're just pretending to be in the middle") that completely ignore the content being responded to.

Poor way to conversate, and shows an overall lack of respect. I wouldn't normally call you out like this, but you've been on a roll lately.

Like I said, if you don't want to address the actual content and points of my posts, that's fine. Just don't engage.

This is just from the past couple days. A bunch of flippant dismissals, mixed with a healthy dose of ad hominem statements ("you're always trying to normalize Trump", "you need to go into politics", "you're just pretending to be in the middle") that completely ignore the content being responded to.

Poor way to conversate, and shows an overall lack of respect. I wouldn't normally call you out like this, but you've been on a roll lately.

Like I said, if you don't want to address the actual content and points of my posts, that's fine. Just don't engage.

Sounds good.

Jim seems to think that if one person in the world says something incendiary or makes an issue of something Trump-related then it's indicative of a wider scale conspiracy and also reflective of everyone on the other side of the aisle.

The tendency to be baited into t1t-for-tat outrage contests is an awfully good barometer of one's partisanship.

It was a lot more than one person who thought there was something wrong with Melania Trump giving Michelle Obama a gift. Maybe she was actually trying to be nice. :o

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

CNN is definitely worse than Fox News and you know it.

I don't recall anyone at Fox News giving Trump the questions to the debate before hand, as CNN did for Hillary. Or anyone at Fox News attending a private dinner party at Trump's campaign manager's house prior to covering the election, as CNN anchors did for Hillary/Podesta. I also don't recall anyone at Fox News asking the RNC for questions to ask at a hosted debate, as CNN did to the DNC.

Don't go down that road. It's incomparable. There is a difference between bias and straight-up collusion.

Well that was predictable.

And I think they are more different than you are acknowledging. What are you going for here?

Yes, Fox News is biased. Yes, CNN is more biased. This is stuff people already know...

Uh no. They're both equally biased to their side. I will admit Fox hasn't been as bad the last year (as they usually are), but I think that may be due to them being less enthusiastic about Trump for awhile. Overall, they're both terrible and shouldn't be watched.

• Like 1

Bend, OR

Elevation: 3550'

Snow History:

Nov: 1"

Dec: .5"

Jan: 1.9"

Feb: 12.7"

Mar: 1.0"

Total: 17.1"

2016/2017: 70"

2015/2016: 34"

Average: ~25"

2017/2018 Winter Temps

Lowest Min: 1F on 2/23

Lowest Max: 23F on 12/24, 2/22

Lows <32: 87

Highs <32: 13

Trump has been hitting some home runs the last couple of days. Pretty obvious anyone who thought he would become more mainstream is going to be wrong. I must admit I never thought I would see the day where the labor unions would be gushing about a Republican President. Mainly because he is going to scrap or renegotiate those horrible trade deals that both parties are responsible for. I think it really knocked the dems for a loop when the union leaders basically made Trump sound like the second coming.

My favorite so far has to be the Federal hiring freeze though. All we need to do is wait for employees to leave and we can prune the Federal government work force by attrition.

The man is serious. No two ways about it.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Trump has been hitting some home runs the last couple of days. Pretty obvious anyone who thought he would become more mainstream is going to be wrong. I must admit I never thought I would see the day where the labor unions would be gushing about a Republican President. Mainly because he is going to scrap or renegotiate those horrible trade deals that both parties are responsible for. I think it really knocked the dems for a loop when the union leaders basically made Trump sound like the second coming.

My favorite so far has to be the Federal hiring freeze though. All we need to do is wait for employees to leave and we can prune the Federal government work force by attrition.

The man is serious. No two ways about it.

Is Trump serious about 3-5 million illegal votes? :lol:

What, no talk of Trump's claim that up to 5 million voted illegally for Hilary Clinton? Come on Republicans, stand with your man!

Idiotic. He forgets he's now in a position to have something this widespread and destructive to a democracy diligently investigated. Put up or shut up.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Idiotic. He forgets he's now in a position to have something this widespread and destructive to a democracy diligently investigated. Put up or shut up.

You mean Trump forgets that he is a fool? 

What, no talk of Trump's claim that up to 5 million voted illegally for Hilary Clinton? Come on Republicans, stand with your man!

That number keeps getting bigger all the time.

I have little doubt some illegals voted. Why do you think Democrats are so opposed to requiring voters to show ID? I have a feeling a voter ID bill will finally pass with this administration. Kind of a no brainer that we need it.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

That number keeps getting bigger all the time.

I have little doubt some illegals voted. Why do you think Democrats are so opposed to requiring voters to show ID? I have a feeling a voter ID bill will finally pass with this administration. Kind of a no brainer that we need it.

Do you actually believe him?

Tomorrow he's announcing executive actions on immigration including building the wall and banning refugees from Muslim countries (Iraq, Iran and Syria)

Can he do the wall just with executive orders?

If the thing about the Muslims is true I can't wait to see the liberals freak out about it! No doubt something needs to be done.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Do you actually believe him?

I don't think he ever said 5 million. I certainly believe there were some illegal voters.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

On the subject of Muslims...Winston Churchill pointed out how dangerous that religion was over 100 years ago. It's been painfully obvious for a long time now. We are talking about people who totally condone extreme mistreatment of women including husbands dousing their wives with sulfuric acid. A pretty wretched religion.

I will add there are obviously some Muslims that are decent people, but how do we know which is which?

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I don't think he ever said 5 million. I certainly believe there were some illegal voters.

Yes he did.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/01/23/at-white-house-trump-tells-congressional-leaders-3-5-million-illegal-ballots-cost-him-the-popular-vote/?utm_term=.dd82ed35d6af

The world according to Trump... endlessly twisting truth and reality.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

On the subject of Muslims...Winston Churchill pointed out how dangerous that religion was over 100 years ago. It's been painfully obvious for a long time now. We are talking about people who totally condone extreme mistreatment of women including husbands dousing their wives with sulfuric acid. A pretty wretched religion.

I will add there are obviously some Muslims that are decent people, but how do we know which is which?

Most Muslims that I have met have wives who are disfigured from acid.   Very common.    A couple good ones in the world but most are just busy dumping acid on women.