2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

Don't mind him... just a Debbie Downer. :)

Haha! And that was just a waste of a TO since that was clearly a catch.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Terrible offensive possession. A couple first downs there seals the game and instead we go backward.

Don't let the punt get blocked again.

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

This team just doesn't want to make it easy at the end.

It's a heart attack every single week! (Unless we are playing the 49ers)
  • Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

It's a heart attack every single week! (Unless we are playing the 49ers)

I know!   I asked my boys why we can't have more games like the 49ers game... we left to go out on the boat during halftime of that game because it was so well in hand.    We never do that... but it was a gorgeous day and almost October so the end was near.    :)

Even then we still listened to the entire second half on the radio and watched some of it on our phones on NFL Mobile.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Might be a new trend in the NFL to jump 20 feet offside and tackle the other teams' kicker low, before they even snap the ball.  Probably worth it, if all you get is an offside call. 

Sherman may have set a record for being the most offside in history on that play. 

Might be a new trend in the NFL to jump 20 feet offside and tackle the other teams' kicker low, before they even snap the ball.  Probably worth it, if all you get is an offside call. 

Sherman may have set a record for being the most offside in history on that play. 

He was watching the ball and the kicker... he assumed the play was live from his POV.

Even Rex said it was not as bad as he thought when he watched it again.   Sherman did not tackle the kicker... he came in low to block the ball with his back to the kicker.    

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

He was watching the ball and the kicker... he assumed the play was live from his POV.

Even Rex said it was not as bad as he thought when he watched it again.   Sherman did not tackle the kicker... he came in low to block the ball with his back to the kicker.    

If he was watching the ball he would have realized he was 3 to 4 yards offside.  As a non-seahawks fan it looked like a cheap shot to me.  Little chance Sherman thought he was onside, IMO.  If Hauschka was injured on a play like that, you would be losing your mind. 

If he was watching the ball he would have realized he was 3 to 4 yards offside.  As a non-seahawks fan it looked like a cheap shot to me.  Little chance Sherman thought he was onside, IMO.  If Hauschka was injured on a play like that, you would be losing your mind. 

Offsides doesn't call the play dead. It's a free play for the offense without uninpeded progress to the kicker/QB.

You gotta play through to the whistle there even if you know you are offsides. Get the block and they have to re-kick, if they make it then they'll decline the penalty.

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

Offsides doesn't call the play dead. It's a free play for the offense without uninpeded progress to the kicker/QB.

You gotta play through to the whistle there even if you know you are offsides. Get the block and they have to re-kick, if they make it then they'll decline the penalty.

The NFL has already admitted that was a blown call.  Should have been unnecessary roughness (15 yards?).  And then the Refs screwed up the play clock immediately following.  Some speculation that the referee crew may face some discipline for poor performance. 

The NFL has already admitted that was a blown call. Should have been unnecessary roughness (15 yards?). And then the Refs screwed up the play clock immediately following. Some speculation that the referee crew may face some discipline for poor performance.

Yup.

2013/2014 Winter season

Coldest Low: 14 F December 7th

Coldest High: 27.3 F December 7th

Coldest Wind chill: 5 F December 7th

Lowest Dew Point: -2.2 F December 6th

Days below freezing: 5

Total Snowfall: 11 inches

Most snowfall in a Day: 8 inches

Days With Snow: 3

The NFL has already admitted that was a blown call. Should have been unnecessary roughness (15 yards?). And then the Refs screwed up the play clock immediately following. Some speculation that the referee crew may face some discipline for poor performance.

You have to admit that was one hell of an acting job by the kicker, once he realized what he was doing was going to create an issue with no timeouts he had a miracle recovery! It was not roughing the kicker at all. Sherman just grazed him. Kickers need to man up anyway!

Sherman made contact with the ball before touching the kicker. As soon as that ball is touched by a defender the kicker is live. It's not like he dove at the kicker either. He made sure the kick wasn't going to be successful and as a result fell in the path of the kicker... great acting job by the kicker, but I think the no call was right.

• Like 1

http://www.12up.com/posts/4080117-more-images-surface-of-clearly-deflated-footballs-from-seattle-last-night?a_aid=40824

Well .....

2013/2014 Winter season

Coldest Low: 14 F December 7th

Coldest High: 27.3 F December 7th

Coldest Wind chill: 5 F December 7th

Lowest Dew Point: -2.2 F December 6th

Days below freezing: 5

Total Snowfall: 11 inches

Most snowfall in a Day: 8 inches

Days With Snow: 3

Judging by the crappy condition of the field in the picture on the left... I don't think that was from Seattle last night.   

The uniform of the kicker in that picture is also clearly not a Seahawk uniform from last night.

Photoshop!  

Judging by the crappy condition of the field in the picture on the left... I don't think that was from Seattle last night.

Yeah that is a natural field that is not in good condition! Probably a certain stadium that New England plays at haha!