2/28-3/2 Potential Storm

Money

Well guys, I am going to be off for a majority of the night tonight. I have a regional championship game tonight for basketball, only two ever won in the history of our school. We're 22-4 this year and looking to make a run, but got another wall to knock down tonight. Hope the runs come in great tonight and we see some good snow and I get a big victory!! Until later, see ya guys!

Here is the probability forecast that Jim Cantore was eluding to.  I'm still just scratching my head what they are basing their forecasts off of.  Nonetheless, this would be the craziest storm all season long if this forecast comes into fruition.  However, it would be a BIG win for the LRC.

Here is the probability forecast that Jim Cantore was eluding to.  I'm still just scratching my head what they are basing their forecasts off of.  Nonetheless, this would be the craziest storm all season long if this forecast comes into fruition.  However, it would be a BIG win for the LRC.

I don't really trust the weather channel lol. 

Here is the probability forecast that Jim Cantore was eluding to. I'm still just scratching my head what they are basing their forecasts off of. Nonetheless, this would be the craziest storm all season long if this forecast comes into fruition. However, it would be a BIG win for the LRC.

I don't know if he hasn't refreshed his computer's cache, or if it's real, but that's really odd. I'm more than OK with such a forecast, but it isn't anything like recent forecasts. Guess we'll see what happens.

OT, anyone heading to Soldier Field tomorrow? Looks to be not only a great game, but maybe some solid snow to add to the atmosphere.

• Like 1

Significant difference between the guys like Cantore, Forbes and the mets and TWC. I find Forbes and friends to excel where TWC doesn't, like posting that HPC graphic, interacting with fans, the little things.

True, Forbes is one of my favorite forecasters, Cantore is great as well, I was referring more to the Weather Channel mets who aren't as great at forecasting. That prediction does seem a little off, from the other runs we have seen today, but it would be fine by me. Maybe the Northern trend we are seeing is actually going to happen?  ;)

• Like 1

Dominick, you may be right about the 2nd wave developing into the primary wave.  Let's see what the GFS has in store.

James, you were worried about suppression a few days back and look now, your in the sweet spot!  That's why you can't model watch each model run and say that is what will happen.  Things are turning the corner for your area and a lot of IA.

Here is the 18z 4KM NAM...I wouldn't be surprised to see some heavy snow fall rates where ever the heavy snow band sets up.  Looks like there will be adequate DGZ growth zone and bigger flake sizes if the wind doesn't break them apart.

Well i was talking about the main event which was supposed to the 3rd one. But now this 2nd one is looking to be quite healthy as well. WWA one county south of me. I think nam is overdoing things quite a bit. The WWA is for 2-5". But we'll see. It's interesting to see this model getting wetter close to the event.

• Like 1

OT, anyone heading to Soldier Field tomorrow? Looks to be not only a great game, but maybe some solid snow to add to the atmosphere.

Not going, but as much as I'd love to be there, I'll take the warmth of my couch. NHL already discussing it's contingency plan in case the wind chills are too low. (Not sure what their threshold is.) But to be there, under the lights, while it's snowing.....would totally rock!  B)

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

18gfs way south for that last wave.

Good lord, that's way down there!

Skilling going with 0.5" tonight and 3-6" tomorrow night. Should be a nice event to get over the 70" hump for seasonal snowfall tally.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

ill take that 1% chance. lol

Haha!

The difference between the NAM and GFS is night and day. - Don't know what really to believe. All I know nothing is falling yet.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

I'm speechless to see how the models are handling this storm and we are 24 hours out.  At this point, who knows where the heaviest band of snow sets up.  There is so much contradictory information out there, especially NOAA's probability forecast.

Taking that forecast verbatim, would we be fluffing that up in N. IL to roughly 5-7"?

Looks like it and keep in mind that's with 10:1 ratio if that came to reality would be awesome but at this point who knows anymore with all the struggle of models. General range of 5-8" is there but the band of heaviest is all over the place