April Weather in the Pacific Northwest

stuffradio

Well, if SEA does make it into the top 5 wettest Aprils...

1991 - 6.53 (May had 1.39", below normal)

2013 - 5.89 (May 2.38", wetter than normal, but not by a lot)

1996 - 5.37 (May 2.07", close to normal)

1993 - 4.54 (May 2.86", wetter than normal, but nothing extreme)

1997 - 4.32 (May 1.87", basically normal)

No strong signal either way, and not a top 10 wet May in the bunch. :)

Hoping for a 2013 summer... probably going to get a 1993.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Well, if SEA does make it into the top 5 wettest Aprils...

1991 - 6.53 (May had 1.39", below normal)

2013 - 5.89 (May 2.38", wetter than normal, but not by a lot)

1996 - 5.37 (May 2.07", close to normal)

1993 - 4.54 (May 2.86", wetter than normal, but nothing extreme)

1997 - 4.32 (May 1.87", basically normal)

No strong signal either way, and not a top 10 wet May in the bunch. :)

Starting in May... days with rain means even more than total rain. Any month from May through September can have above normal rainfall from just one big storm in the middle of weeks of dry weather.

In every month... the number of days with rain is the single most important stat to me. But really wet months from October-April also tend to be unusually persistently wet as well. December 2016 and April 2017 are good examples. April 2018 too.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

The flow is aimed perfectly at the SEA to OLM area right now.

Meanwhile, BLI hasn't had measurable precip since 2 am, and PDX hasn't since 8 am yesterday.

Rack it up!

Been a common theme since 2014.

Too much going on? You have been posting all day, I can't imagine you have accomplished much lol.

Sitting at repair shop for hours is very fun!

Hoping for a 2013 summer... probably going to get a 1993.

No 1993 or 1983 this year..+QBO/super-solar/+ENSO springs with BDCs still under heavy volcanic influence.

Early safe bet is to blend 1968/78/80/84/94/95/96/01 to match the likely Pacific ITCZ/PMM progression and start trimming the possibilities from there. At least IMO.

• Like 1

Bogus?

Wettest April ever at Snoqualmie Falls was 1899 with 8.74 inches. Look it up. Normal for April is 4.43 inches.

https://wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMAIN.pl?wa7773

This station is on the North Bend / Snoqualmie line and just a mile from Snoqualmie Falls at the same elevation... they are 8.06 inches for the month of April right now.

sq1.png

Give it a rest.
  • Like 1

Give it a rest.

Posting potential record setting stats? No way.

I always track records. I also extensively tracked the dry streak last summer.

You open yourself up to trolling when you go on these rants.

Not ranting at all. I posted actual rainfall stats with no complaint... also following the blizzard in the Midwest.

Andrew said the stats were bogus and Jared has to point out every other stat in the world to offset mine.

It's close to record wet in the Seattle area but some other place or time was dry... so there. :)

Not ranting at all. I posted actual rainfall stats with no complaint... also following the blizzard in the Midwest.

Andrew said stats were bogus and Jared has to point out every other stat in the world to offset mine. :)

It's close to record wet in the Seattle area but some other place or time was dry so there. :)

That's a rant☝️
  • Like 1

Flights grounded at the MSP airport.   Historic blizzard for April.   Winds gusting to over 50 mph in the Twin Cities now.

msp.png

Friend just posted this picture on facebook... Bloomington, MN.

30708062_2200668066625124_31338328948001

1.00 at SEA for the day now (assuming the 1 a.m. cut off with daylight savings) and still raining hard.

Only .39 to go to bump 1997 down to #6 and for April 2018 to take over the #5 spot on the list.   

Its been so bad this month that I am actually cheering for record rain so we have something to show for it.  :)

1.00 at SEA for the day now (assuming the 1 a.m. cut off with daylight savings) and still raining hard.

Only .39 to go to bump 1997 down to #6 and for April 2018 to take over the #5 spot on the list.   

Its been so bad this month that I am actually cheering for record rain so we have something to show for it.  :)

No more complaining allowed.

Been chatting with my brother-in-law in the Twin Cities... pretty crazy there.   I looked up other big April snowstorms there and near the top was a 3-day event in the middle of April 1949.    

I checked our weather in the Snoqualmie Valley in May of 1949... what a gem!     

1949.png

I love this board

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Been chatting with my brother-in-law in the Twin Cities... pretty crazy there. I looked up other big April snowstorms there and near the top was a 3-day event in the middle of April 1949.

I checked our weather in the Snoqualmie Valley in May of 1949... what a gem!

1949.png

Hopefully a 49-50 analog for the northern hemisphere going into 18-19 then...

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Daily rainfall record at SEA.     1.24 inches and climbing... breaking the record of .52 from 1960.  

It looks like there has only been 10 days over 1 inch in April in SEA history.

Talking weather. Don't need your BS input unless you want to talk weather.

The only reason you keep posting stuff about the rain is because it pisses you off, you cannot spin it by saying well it's all stats and weather and stuff and get a pass.

We had some very heavy rain earlier, over an inch in right at an hour or so and it's been raining moderately all day and mostly the past few days, so what, I can't control it so it is not a big deal. The nice weather will get here in due time.

Took my wife and daughter bowling today after lunch and we had a blast, there are so many alternative things to do inside that make what's going on outside irrelevant.

The weather has been great this month; at least 2 sunny days for every rainy day and everything is lush and green. We're starting to make up for the near record dry March. Couldn't ask for a much better April IMO.

Very jealous.   Sounds nice.

We have had 1 single day without rain this month.    Too bad we can't give you all this rain April.   Such a waste down here at this point.    

The only reason you keep posting stuff about the rain is because it pisses you off, you cannot spin it by saying well it's all stats and weather and stuff and get a pass.

We had some very heavy rain earlier, over an inch in right at an hour or so and it's been raining moderately all day and mostly the past few days, so what, I can't control it so it is not a big deal. The nice weather will get here in due time.

Took my wife and daughter bowling today after lunch and we had a blast, there are so many alternative things to do inside that make what's going on outside irrelevant.

I sat in an auto repair shop for 6 hours today. Not planned and took much longer than I planned. Came home and my sons are both working and my wife and daughter are both running a fever and sleeping.

I have been tracking the blizzard in the Midwest and the record rainfall in the Seattle out of boredom and because I find it interesting.

There is nothing I can do about the rain... but I do find it interesting and sort of satisfying to be reaching records now. And it will turn nice in a good time... maybe soon.

Its been so bad this month that I am actually cheering for record rain so we have something to show for it. :)

High of 86.2*F with blazing sunshine here today. Third consecutive day above 80*F. ☀️

High of 86.2*F with blazing sunshine here today. Third consecutive day above 80*F. ☀️

I will remember this when its 78 degrees and sunny for a week straight here with dewpoints in the 50s.... and you are melting.  :)

I will remember this when its 78 degrees and sunny for a week straight here with dewpoints in the 50s.... and you are melting. :)

Lol, that’s below the belt. These “perfect” days (warm with low humidity) are exceedingly rare here. Let me have some fun. ;)

• Like 1

Lol, that’s below the belt. These “perfect” days (warm with low humidity) are exceedingly rare here. Let me have some fun. ;)

Not a problem... I would do the same thing in your position.   :lol: