April Weather in the Pacific Northwest

stuffradio

Hopefully my weather reverse psychology will work. Sad to think this week could be our last with appreciable rainfall until October.

I am sure it will be raining, and windy, and cold almost every day until October and then stormy season arrives.  

I need to drink water to survive.   But I don't need to drink water every minute of every day to stay alive.    ;)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Your neighbor must've really put the scare in it.

Nature is doing that tonight.    He is a tough dog... but he was whining at the door in about 30 seconds today.    Nothing like a 40 mph wind pelting you with heavy, sideways rain at 38 degrees.    

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I’m sorry Tim but you dragging your dog into this madness is just too much. :lol:

I did not bring up dogs tonight.   But I did have an experience today with a dog who wants no part of this miserable weather.    ;)

Hopefully my weather reverse psychology will work. Sad to think this week could be our last with appreciable rainfall until October.

I appreciate weather variances as much as anyone, including cold, precipitous weather in April. That being said, there's been almost no dry stretches warm or cold anytime recently. My front yard is decently landscaped, my backyard not so much. If I mowed the back now, I'd have a 400lb yard recycling bin. I need a dry stretch desperately.

I appreciate weather variances as much as anyone, including cold, precipitous weather in April. That being said, there's been almost no dry stretches warm or cold anytime recently. My front yard is decently landscaped, my backyard not so much. If I mowed the back now, I'd have a 400lb yard recycling bin. I need a dry stretch desperately.

We look to embark on a drier stretch after tomorrow.

If the Earth spun backwards, you guys would have a cold continental climate (technically D(w)), and the SE-US would be the new Sahara Desert. Oh, and DC would have a Mediterranean Climate. Thank god this isn’t reality. :lol:

wMbFCqm.jpg

yiJoiwa.jpg

That's pretty fascinating. I've actually wondered about this. So basically the desert SW would become the desert SE and vice versa. Same with the west coast and east coast, our climates would basically flip. We would then get the west coast version of Nor'easters which would be the Nor'wester. Of course there would be some differences and that would be fun to imagine.

• Like 1

Pics or it didn't happen.

No pic... so I guess it did not happen.   Although in fairness... I usually don't take pics of my dog sh*tting in the yard.

I'm not convinced it will last for long.

Tim, post a beautiful warm & dry ridge, plz.

True, definitely still a lot to worry about.

After tomorrow every day for the next 5-6 looks dry except for maybe Saturday. Although good chance even that is dry down there.

No pic... so I guess it did not happen.   Although in fairness... I usually don't take pics of my dog sh*tting in the yard.

What if the dog was sh*tting on unusually green grass in early January with a budding cherry tree in the background?

What if the dog was shitting on unusually green grass in early January with a budding cherry tree in the background?

Yeah... that would be about the only reason to do it.    :lol:

It's as natural as the changing seasons.

Not nearly as enjoyable to track though... at least for me.   I don't want to speak for everyone.    It does not interest me like the weather and seasonal changes.  

Not nearly as enjoyable to track though... at least for me. I don't want to speak for everyone. It does not interest me like the weather and seasonal changes.

You sure do like to obsess over shitty weather though...

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Impressive high temp departure at SEA if it holds at 46 deg. Normal is 59-60. Didn’t really notice till I stepped out of the office to go home. Very breezy too and rainy. Really feels like a typ Nov/Dec day.

Yeah, I was gonna say... people kept comparing the conditions to January, when in fact PNW storminess peaks in Nov/Dec.

A forum for the end of the world.

Weird how Kate Brown issued a drought emergency for Grant County who has over 50% snowpack and not for Owyhee County with much lower levels.

She is trolling Knute Buehler.

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

47 is half of 94. Its 55.3% of 85. :)

Haha wow. I really wasn’t thinking straight when putting that together. That’s not good I help build skyscrapers for a living...

I’ll blame it on my first day back from vacation and my three kids under five that were distracting me while I typed it out....

• Like 1

Landslide risk is high.     As Andrew might say... the situation is dire.    Praying for more rain.   

Sort of funny how they mention rocks, soil and/or trees sliding downhill as a warning sign. I think the warning sign for a landslide is a landslide.