August 2018 Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

12Z GFS is dry for the holiday weekend... 12Z GEM is even warmer and more ridgy.

12Z does show a deep trough for later next week though.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

The yellowjackets are getting out of hand.

The number one insect I've been stung by. They were numerous in Chelan when I went a couple weeks ago.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

For some reason the yellow jackets that hive in the ground always seem meaner and more aggressive. Maybe they're a different variety? Could just be that people are always stepping on them..

Figure it out f boy; maybe it is global warming. 

ICON looks dry this weekend

ICON is quite a bit more ridgy than even the GFS.   

The ECMWF is out on its own right now showing rain for Sunday into Monday.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Mid-long range GFS ensembles trending a little troughier again. But considering how everything else has gone as it approaches that is probably pretty meaningless.

You got your sub-90 day yesterday... stop being greedy!  

All gone on the 12Z ECMWF.

12Z ECMWF shows Monday being sunny and pleasant.   In fact... all 3 weekend days look nice on the 12Z ECMWF.   No rain at all and mostly sunny overall for the entire region.

All gone on the 12Z ECMWF.

12Z ECMWF shows Monday being sunny and pleasant.   In fact... all 3 weekend days look nice on the 12Z ECMWF.   No rain at all and mostly sunny overall for the entire region.

Crisis averted! 

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Crisis averted! 

Be nice to have a weekend with no smoke and no rain/clouds.   

We have been back from the Midwest for 3 weeks now... 2 of those weekends were wet and cool and the other one was smoky and gross.    

And we were out of town for the 2 weekends before that time.

So we have been waiting for 5 weeks to be home and have a nice weekend with full sun and blue sky!    What happened to summer??   :lol:

We have been back from the Midwest for 3 weeks now... 2 of those weekends were wet and cool and the other one was smoky and gross.    

And we were out of town for the 2 weekends before that period.

So we have been waiting for 5 weeks to be home and have a nice weekend with full sun and blue sky.    What happened to summer??   :lol:

It doesn't last as long for folks that live in your wet microclimate as opposed to lots of other parts of the PNW. Much like me with snow anymore (didn't used to be this way), as far as pleasant weather days, you live in a bad location.

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

And we were out of town for the 2 weekends before that time.

So we have been waiting for 5 weeks to be home and have a nice weekend with full sun and blue sky. What happened to summer?? :lol:

Yeah, and I’d love just one f**king day with sub-70*F dewpoints or sub-90*F heat indices, but we can’t always get what we want, brother.

Your weather is still enjoyable. No reason to complain.

It doesn't last as long for folks that live in your wet microclimate as opposed to lots of other parts of the PNW. Much like me with snow anymore (didn't used to be this way), as far as pleasant weather days, you live in a bad location.

In terms of rain and clouds... yes.

But the smoke basically just made 3 weeks of summer much less than ideal when it should have been sunny and nice.    That is 25% of summer.   ;)

Yeah, and I’d love just one f**king day with sub-70*F dewpoints or sub-90*F heat indices, but we can’t always get what we want, brother.

Don't I know it!     :lol:

Does not mean I don't cheer for nice weather... just like you.   That is why I would very much prefer a sunny, pleasant holiday weekend.    Its been a looooooong wait here for us due to multiple factors (not all weather related).

Are you still in Georgia or wherever on holidays?

No, I’m back home, and this heat is making it difficult to claw my way out of debt from the summer expenses, since we stop work when heat indices reach 105 (or when real temps hit 100).

Only took until 11AM to reach the former today.

No, I’m back home, and this heat is making it difficult to claw my way out of debt from the summer expenses, since we stop work when heat indices reach 105 (or when real temps hit 100).

Only took until 11AM to reach the former today.

Shitty. 70ish and sunny here now. Perfect landscaping weather.
  • Like 1

Don't I know it! :lol:

Does not mean I don't cheer for nice weather... just like you. That is why I would very much prefer a sunny, pleasant holiday weekend. Its been a looooooong wait here for us due to multiple factors (not all weather related).

On the other hand...there have been very few washout holidays/holiday weekends during the warm season in recent years.

A forum for the end of the world.

78F. Beautiful outside. We shall see how high into the 80s we get.

Personal Stats:

Venmo

And back into the 80s at 82.2F. We won't make it to the 90s though.

Personal Stats:

Venmo

In terms of rain and clouds... yes.

But the smoke basically just made 3 weeks of summer much less than ideal when it should have been sunny and nice.    That is 25% of summer.   ;)

The smoke was a direct consequence of the fact that the vast majority of the region has now had numerous months in a row of the weather that you desperately covet. This has been explained to you.

• Like 1

The smoke was a direct consequence of the fact that the vast majority of the region has now had numerous months in a row of the weather that you desperately covet. This has been explained to you.

To be fair...Tim’s ideal weather would be to have a region wide soaking rain event at least once a week and also sun and warmth the other days (but not too warm) during the dry season if I remember correctly.
  • Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

To be fair...Tim’s ideal weather would be to have a region wide soaking rain event at least once a week and also sun and warmth the other days (but not too warm) during the dry season if I remember correctly.

Sure. It's just that you can't separate the "nasty" summer smoke from the overabundance of "nice" summer weather that most of the region has had. To do so would be intellectually dishonest. 

• Like 1

Tim should be charged with arson.

And rape.

Would he be eligible for the friends and family discount if he hired you as his lawyer?

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth!