October 2018 Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Tyler Mode

Indeed.

And yet none of our assessments apply to Oregon or SW WA.

Funny, since the grand majority of photos and rainfall maps you post are in response to observations made by people down here, who are usually not even addressing you.

Oh buddy.

Because every time we make a comment up here about our (snowfall amounts / cold anomalies / active pattern)  or that it would be nice if it rained... the peanut gallery has to chime in and tell us how dreary and wet it's been forever and we are wrong. We are not wrong and not speaking for other areas.  :) 

I wish there was a way to like this twice.

Funny, since the grand majority of photos and rainfall maps you post are in response to observations made by people down here, who are usually not even addressing you.

Not true.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Oh buddy.

Because every time we make a comment up here about our (snowfall amounts / cold anomalies / active pattern)  or that it would be nice if it rained... the peanut gallery has to chime in and tell us how dreary and wet it's been forever and we are wrong. We are not wrong and not speaking for other areas.  :) 

Fun forum traffic statistic -

We get an uptick in views and an increased number of active users when we have models, observations, and analysis posted. We have a significant drop in this activity when we have only one or two members posting about rainfall totals. If you think a point is belabored, and understand that someone is going to have a different opinion or bring up a different fact that is equal in weight, you don't need to chime in to counter that.

Goes both ways.   People do not need to respond mockingly to factual posts about weather observations and what is actually happening and being reported.   Or they can post their own observations and conditions and maps.   And many do.

The traffic on here always comes and goes with exciting weather... either actually happening or in the models.  

The big complaint has always been about my interaction with Jim... and those issues have basically disappeared,  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just the other day you said this was true, and that you do it to point out the difference. Everyone knows the difference. There is really no reason to point it out again and again.

Well... I am repeatedly told that the only wet area in the entire state of WA is literally just in my "tiny" backyard microclimate.    That is not true but people will bring it up again and again.   And I respond when they do.   Ask Randy, and Jim, and Jake.

Pretty stellar early October day. 65/39 here with a mix of high clouds and sunshine, and even some patchy morning frost.

Knowing there is some rainfall on the way in a few days makes a cool, sunny day like this much more enjoyable.

I guess all it takes is Jim basically disappearing!

No... I changed my approach to Jim about 3 years ago because I was wrong and wanted to improve.  That does not mean I will never challenge him on specific details of an event unfolding in real time... but all the rest is gone.    Look at his NPI thread from last year... not one negative comment from me in there at all.   And I have learned more from him as well.   

No... I changed my approach to Jim about 3 years ago because I was wrong and wanted to improve.  That does not mean I will never challenge him on specific details of an event unfolding in real time... but all the rest is gone.    Look at his NPI thread from last year... not one negative comment from me in there at all.   And I have learned more from him as well.   

The Jim!!!!! post Matt used to make (before you hired him) happened a lot more recently than three years ago. Remember seeing them all the time last winter, the last period Jim posted frequently.

The Jim!!!!! post Matt used to make (before you hired him) happened a lot more recently than three years ago. Remember seeing them all the time last winter, the last period Jim posted frequently.

Careful... I'm the guy that routinely says you two obsessive doofs have a lot in common.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

I think you are wrong and time passes more quickly than most of us realize.   I know when I decided to make a change and it was more than 2 years ago.   And that is not a great criteria anyways.  Sometimes Matt just makes that point when you say something that might not agree with another person's position even if it truly was not directed at them at all.   Although many times Matt calls it right.  

Did you work two jobs while going to law school?

Kind of. I deckhanded on a charter/fished, worked for an attorney doing scut work during the summers. Then I worked seasonal at Costco in Portland and one year in Seattle. I was busy. I'm not nearly as busy now. Between that and scholarships I managed to keep loans to a minimum. Paid them off by the time the big snows of 12-1-07 set in.

• Like 1

Kind of. I deckhanded on a charter/fished, worked for an attorney doing scut work during the summers. Then I worked seasonal at Costco in Portland and one year in Seattle. I was busy. I'm not nearly as busy now. Between that and scholarships I managed to keep loans to a minimum. Paid them off by the time the big snows of 12-1-07 set in.

I was Costco at building #14 (now 97 clackamas) and finished my career with them at the Tacoma #95 warehouse

Nice. I’ve basically avoided student debt so far as well. Pell grants, scholarships, and my fake teacher work have really helped.

I was Costco at building #14 (now 97 clackamas) and finished my career with them at the Tacoma #95 warehouse

Great outfit to work for. I did most of my time at #02. Pushed a lot of carts in the blistering east winds on Airport Way.

• Like 1

Nice. I’ve basically avoided student debt so far as well. Pell grants, scholarships, and my fake teacher work have really helped.

My goal was to do it debt free but I failed. Or more I shifted priorities a bit to things a 43 year old would tell a 20 year old not to do.

Great outfit to work for. I did most of my time at #02. Pushed a lot of carts in the blistering east winds on Airport Way.

One of my best friends works at the Costco off of 1st and 192nd. Early shift, stocking the freezer section etc. He is also using the position to put himself though school.

• Like 1

One of my best friends works at the Costco off of 1st and 192nd. Early shift, stocking the freezer section etc. He is also using the position to put himself though school.

I go in to the Andresen store and see people from the Portland store that jumped ship when it opened. They're lifers that were there since '83 when the Portland store opened. Hard to imagine they've been with the company since prior to the December 1983 outbreak but Costco really does take care of its people and almost entirely promotes from within.

• Like 1

I go in to the Andresen store and see people from the Portland store that jumped ship when it opened. They're lifers that were there since '83 when the Portland store opened. Hard to imagine they've been with the company since prior to the December 1983 outbreak but Costco really does take care of its people and almost entirely promotes from within.

I joined the outfit in 1986 and yes they do take care of their employees. I put in almost 28 years with them. I remember topping out in wage and full benifits the first year. Doesn’t happen that way anymore. I was lucky to find them and certainly enjoyed the ride.

I joined the outfit in 1986 and yes they do take care of their employees. I put in almost 28 years with them. I remember topping out in wage and full benifits the first year. Doesn’t happen that way anymore. I was lucky to find them and certainly enjoyed the ride.

I even got to shake Jim Sinegal's hand out in the parking lot. He went in and barked at the manager about getting us better rain gear, or so I heard.

• Like 1