Polite Politics

Rubus Leucodermis

6 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Oh, my god. These people are teaching others how to become criminals and get away with it!

If I was that, I would have popped them with a gun without any hesitation since they are trespassing.

Animal 'rescuers' wreaking havoc by stealing farm animals: 'These are criminals, not activists' | Fox News

Clinton, you know in the South/SW how ranchers and farmers will react generally. It could get ugly.  

Each cow is costly to raise.  Horses more so.  They’ll work together and get on this. Ranchers and farmers are wonderful but tough people. This may be solved at the grassroots level. 

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

16 minutes ago, Andie said:

Clinton, you know in the South/SW how ranchers and farmers will react generally. It could get ugly.  

Each cow is costly to raise.  Horses more so.  They’ll work together and get on this. Ranchers and farmers are wonderful but tough people. This may be solved at the grassroots level. 

I'm not Clinton, but this needs to stop or someone will be shot.

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

1 hour ago, Iceresistance said:

I can't confirm this, but the Democrats are not debating with each other in the DNC compared to the RNC.

You have a lot to learn.  It's Biden.  DNC made it's choice the second he announced it.  The power of incumbency.

Also, it's Trump on the other side.  RNC will fall over themselves to get behind him as well.  DeSantis is a fool.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

You have a lot to learn.  It's Biden.  DNC made it's choice the second he announced it.  The power of incumbency.

Also, it's Trump on the other side.  RNC will fall over themselves to get behind him as well.  DeSantis is a fool.

Makes more sense in the first part, but you need a debate to prove yourself that you are capable of being a leader.

And DeSantis? He may need to wait to run for POTUS until likely 2028 as he is the governor of Florida right now.

(Also, for the Disney fiasco, Disney's Taxes were MUCH Higher compared to Florida's! Over $10 for just a water bottle!)

How are they going to enforce this without spying? I do understand the depression part, but that is a parent's thing.

And m-rated content targeting minors? I will report it instantly, even though I'm 19.

11 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Your main problem is you deal in labels and generalities.  Life (and truth in general) exists in the shades of grey.  It's not black and white.

Climb out of the cave 🙂

Which is exactly what I'm fighting against, such as schools separating students by skin color and telling the white people to be ashamed of their privileges and unconscious acts of racism and telling the black students that people in society are generally out to get them and stop them from being successful.

That's not to say the above is not partially true, but the strategies they are using to fight against it are discouraging and making things worse. It's an "us" vs "them" mentality.

10 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

he has an unhealthy relationship with labels.

Yes, there's going to be fringes - some Marxists and some actual Nazis. But the vast majority of us are on a not-so-wide spectrum for social and economic issues.  So it's a little painful for at least me to read these fringe ideas and try to apply it to mainstream current thinking.

At the end of the day, the VAST majority of us wants every human being to have a healthy and prosperous life and to be free from government for at least *some* things.

It seems like we've recently gone towards the philosophy of "who can I blame for me not having these things?"

So I do use labels too much, especially "Marxist". I do believe most people with opposing political views are decent people, it's more the government that I'm worried about. Also many conservative students in colleges today feel they are being attacked by professors and other students more than at any other time in American history. Both liberals and conservatives think the other side (mainly government) is a "threat to democracy" today and both sides have completely different views of what freedom entails.

However, any time I give links to some of the crazy things schools are teaching today you either think they're fake or just some extremely rare cases. You have never spoken out against CRT or said you disagree with it. Bill Maher is one of the few liberals I know who disagrees and is not afraid to speak out about it. There's a reason so many parents are pulling kids out of public schools.

The first time I ever remember people attacking our Founding Fathers though was not until after what happened to George Floyd and you have said negative things yourself about them, so that's why I attack you sometimes and assume bad things about you.

4 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

Makes more sense in the first part, but you need a debate to prove yourself that you are capable of being a leader.

How many GOP debates were there in 2020?

How many GOP candidates were there on the presidential primary ballot?

And this sort of thing didn't start with the former guy. Far from it.

Like @roadtonowhere08 said, you have a lot to learn.

It's called clown range for a reason.

1 hour ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

The first time I ever remember people attacking our Founding Fathers though was not until after what happened to George Floyd and you have said negative things yourself about them, so that's why I attack you sometimes and assume bad things about you.

Are you a teenager with a recent political memory? I had pegged you as older.

Because voices on the left have criticized (“attacked” is a bit dramatic) various Founders for years (e.g. for owning slaves and in some cases for raping them). This is hardly a new trend.

And if something or someone is above criticism, well, we have then found one of your blind spots.

So I do use labels too much, especially "Marxist".

Maybe don’t, unless actual, genuine Marxism is involved, if you want others to take you more seriously. Just a thought.

I could use all sorts of rad-left lingo here… if I wanted to. It would also tend to have the effect of making whatever I typed useless for purposes beyond virtue signalling to those already in my own political camp. So I don’t.

• Like 1

Which is exactly what I'm fighting against, such as schools separating students by skin color and telling the white people to be ashamed of their privileges and unconscious acts of racism and telling the black students that people in society are generally out to get them and stop them from being successful.

That's not to say the above is not partially true, but the strategies they are using to fight against it are discouraging and making things worse. It's an "us" vs "them" mentality.

But you are doing the very same thing you dislike about the other side.  You are taking the fringe and treating it as ubiquitous.  Yes, it is happening.  It should not be.  It is more rare than you are claiming.

Both sides are taking elements of very legitimate arguments and bastardizing them.  It kills the actual point being made.

What you and Iceresistance fail (or are unwilling) to understand is that all of this shite is a diversion.  A distracted populace is very profitable.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Because voices on the left have criticized (“attacked” is a bit dramatic) various Founders for years (e.g. for owning slaves and in some cases for raping them). This is hardly a new trend.

And if something or someone is above criticism, well, we have then found one of your blind spots.

I specifically remember my history teacher referring to the founding fathers as "rich white bastards" in 2001, and I don't think he was all that liberal either.  This is nothing new indeed.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Maybe don’t, unless actual, genuine Marxism is involved, if you want others to take you more seriously. Just a thought.

I could use all sorts of rad-left lingo here… if I wanted to. It would also tend to have the effect of making whatever I typed useless for purposes beyond virtue signalling to those already in my own political camp. So I don’t.

You do use "fascist" pretty often.

Also, I know I sound like a religious freak sometimes, but the motto of our country is "In God we Trust". Also, there's the famous John Adams quote I've mentioned before "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Would you consider that a fascist or outdated statement today?

Today, more and more Americans are secular (no religion). The progressives used to mainly be religious people until the 1960's, including MLK Jr.

"E pluribus unum" (out of many, one) is another common American phrase, meaning we used to have people from many different nations sharing common American values.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

You do use "fascist" pretty often.

Also, I know I sound like a religious freak sometimes, but the motto of our country is "In God we Trust". Also, there's the famous John Adams quote I've mentioned before "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Would you consider that a fascist or outdated statement?

Today, however, more and more Americans are secular (no religion). The progressives used to mainly be religious people until the 1960's, including MLK Jr.

"E pluribus unum" (out of many, one) is another common American phrase, meaning we used to have people from many different nations sharing common American values.

Morality and religion are not mutually inclusive as history has shown countless times.

26 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

Also, I know I sound like a religious freak sometimes, but the motto of our country is "In God we Trust". Also, there's the famous John Adams quote I've mentioned before "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Would you consider that a fascist or outdated statement today?

“The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god [emphasis added]. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.” — Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

I'm in my 40s but didn't really become obsessed with politics until 5 years ago or so. I do actually have some kind of OCD. 

However I know that the Founding Fathers were not perfect, but at least had the right ideas, which they failed to implement, but today people are actually attacking the constitution and things like equalty of opportunity. 

I also went to mostly private schools so maybe my education was different. 

29 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

“[T]he government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.”

From Art. 11 of the Treaty of Tripoli, between the United States and the Bey of Tripoli, signed by President John Adams in 1796 and ratified by the Senate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

I'm in my 40s but didn't really become obsessed with politics until 5 years ago or so. I do actually have some kind of OCD. 

However I know that the Founding Fathers were not perfect, but at least had the right ideas, which they failed to implement, but today people are actually attacking the constitution and things like equalty of opportunity. 

I think equality of opportunity is a great concept BUT it is also welded at the hip to equality of outcome (take inheritance, for example).

12 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

There is an inverse relationship to time spent following politics and happiness.  Don't let your OCD cause you to go down the rabbit hole of reading the mindless ramblings of nameless online pundits with ulterior motives.  Your posts on the So. Cal. weather thread will give you more happiness in the end.

9 hours ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

Even though you and I are generally on opposite sides of the political spectrum here in the US, your interest in politics is interesting to me largely because of your strict obsession with gender and CRT-related matters when I have tried to tell you that this is what the American hegemonic state wants you to be fixated on. Doesn't necessarily indicate any sort of OCD on your part but I'm also no psychiatrist. Also there is a great amount of patience and lack of hostility in your posts, which is rare given the subject matter you often bring up.

11 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Morality and religion are not mutually inclusive as history has shown countless times.

It kind of goes both ways. Religion can be used to oppress people especially if a national religion is established, but atheistic countries have tended to be totalitarian throughout history. The 1st Amendment says that the government cannot establish a national religion but also allows people to practice their religions without being thrown into prison.

However, laws based off the 10 Commandments (at least the last 6) have been a pretty common feature of Western civilization and I don't think such laws should really be interpreted as forcing Christianity on people.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

It kind of goes both ways. Religion can be used to oppress people especially if a national religion is established, but atheistic countries have tended to be totalitarian throughout history. The 1st Amendment says that the government cannot establish a national religion but also allows people to practice their religions without being thrown into prison.

However, laws based off the 10 Commandments (at least the last 6) have been a pretty common feature of Western civilization and I don't think such laws should really be interpreted as forcing Christianity on people.

7 out of the 10 countries on this list are democracies:

https://wisevoter.com/country-rankings/least-religious-countries/

Regarding “laws based off the 10 Commandments,” the scriptures of most religions forbid things like murder and theft. I will grant that Christianity is a much more likely influence, given the European cultures the founders of the USA came from, but it’s hardly a unique aspect of Christianity that murder and theft are considered bad things.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Mike Pence testified to a grand jury about the Jan 6th riots. And it looks like he was very talkative.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65423301

I think Pence said some guy from the Lincoln Project gave Trump the idea of asking him to challenge the election results. 

• lol 1

Kimberly Gardner may be a goner for consistent no-shows and she is funded by Soros. 

She is lazy.

Judge shreds Soros-backed prosecutor, moves to hold her in criminal contempt: 'Rudderless ship of chaos' | Fox News

Good thing all of my neighbors also like to use blowers. 
Anyway, I am definitely not anti gun, but how do we fix the problem of so many mentally non fit people from obtaining them? 

BCC10DA3-3648-4B5B-95B4-F98D58DBF680.jpeg

• Sad 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

2 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Who?

It’s amusing how quickly the Right went from “Capitalism, baby! America, love it or leave it!” to “Waaaa, Soros! Rich elitist scum!” within about a New York millisecond of when the Democrats managed to land a few billionaire sugar daddies after the GOP had had theirs for decades.

52 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

It’s amusing how quickly the Right went from “Capitalism, baby! America, love it or leave it!” to “Waaaa, Soros! Rich elitist scum!” within about a New York millisecond of when the Democrats managed to land a few billionaire sugar daddies after the GOP had had theirs for decades.

Soros-backed attorneys are allowing criminals to do off easy.

Kimberly Gardner has doing too many no-shows, you can lose your job for that!