Christmas Blizzard 12/20 - 12/28

Tom

There is a small shortwave pivoting around the low that should move through this afternoon/evening and blossom just enough to create some light snow. We have an outside chance of 0.5-1 inch accumulations with it, which seems to be about all we can muster this season. But hey, I'll take what I can get! 

Snowing moderately at work in Cedar Rapids and has been for an hour or so.  Snow is sticking to the grass and roads.  Maybe a half inch on the grass so far.  Pretty scene at least.  If it was evening with the sun down, we'd probably pickup a couple inches, but it's gonna have a hard time accumulating rapidly with temps hovering near freezing and maybe even above. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tom said:

You must be enjoying these past 4 days!  It has pretty much snowed every day since late on Christmas Eve?  Fun times for sure...looks like the middle of Winter!

Been a very enjoyable break for sure. Heading to Lincoln Lutheran HS tomorrow. Holiday basketball tournament for our varsity boys and girls teams, our son is a senior. Staying overnight and coming back Saturday afternoon. Roads should be good it appears. 

• Like 2

On 12/27/2023 at 8:03 AM, Clinton said:

Cloudy and foggy with about a half inch of wet snow stuck to everything, very beautiful.  Could possibly see another inch of snow between now and tomorrow morning.

image.thumb.png.d750e39c7000a52bf7ba0d2cfa6696a1.png

Clinton,

Columbia area ended up with 1.5 to 2 inches from the snow band last night. Temp dropped to 31 and stuck to everything. 

• Like 3

• Tom unpinned this topic

I picked up 2.0 inches from this event.  I'm up to 7" for the season.

• Like 3

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"