1/8-1/10 Panhandle Hook

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

Here it comes...snow flakes will be flying just about Lunchtime and it appears to rip hard till late evening across the White Mountains...

I stayed at Pinetop Lakeside for a summer getaway once. Great area. I almost moved to Flagstaff as well. I could do without the traffic but they sure can get some big snows. 

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12

Just now, Black Hole said:

I stayed at Pinetop Lakeside for a summer getaway once. Great area. I almost moved to Flagstaff as well. I could do without the traffic but they sure can get some big snows. 

Yes!  I stayed at Pinetop a couple years back and its gorgeous.  I love the tall Pines and it looks almost like Aspen, CO.  I'm going to take a look and see what area to drive up tomorrow morning.  It's either going to be Pinetop or Greer.  Greer is a little higher in elevation and are expecting more snow.  

• Like 1

Nam  may be on to something. System is mostly onshore. Well see about other guidance.

• Like 1

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

NAM was absolutely pathetic and ugly here for me in Central MO, to be honest I hope that's not what other models start trending to. I would have been pretty much in the bullseye here all week to only get the rug pulled out from under me the day or 2 before.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Money said:

Here’s the 6z Euro at HR 90

B75CEBDB-7A18-4C73-9B5B-73C3567C28EC.png

Here's the EURO yday from 12Z at HR 108image.png.0dd7197afe05cd3b4b48257257ca157c.png

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

I've been watching this storm with model tracks over me for 2 weeks...but the last minute trend north will leave me with nothing but flurries...if that! Weird to look at how cold and strong the storm is and with a pretty good track and still have nothing to show for it. 

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12

Wow-is that trowal at HR 78 on GFS retrograding or what? - 12yday compared to most recent - keep it up!!!

prateptype_cat-imp.us_mw.png

prateptype_cat-imp.us_mw.png

• Like 2

I'd say 3-6" is looking increasingly likely here.  I'll take it.

• Like 3

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

12z GFS showing 9 inches here now. 12z CMC coming in with a little jog north with the heaviest totals up here, which moves me from 3 on the 00z to 6 on the 12z. 

Nice trends in crunch time for here which is good because I have a feeling the later week systems will stay further south. 

• Like 2

Like a two county jog N and W in Central and E. IA on GEFS-- if the trend continues== oh my!!sn10_acc-mean-imp.us_mw.png

• Like 2
  • Excited 1
  • scream 1

23 minutes ago, Grizzcoat said:

Like a two county jog N and W in Central and E. IA on GEFS-- if the trend continues== oh my!!sn10_acc-mean-imp.us_mw.png

Wow. What a change here in the IC/CR area. 8-10”. I know it’s 10:1 but still huge jump. 

It's a little early and I reserve the right to change, but with the thermal and track issues, I have a hard time seeing more than 3-4" total here.  It's possible that a majority of that comes in the initial WAA thump.  Hope things can trend better.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Grizzcoat said:

UKIE with big shift N on snow shield in MO..

sn10_acc-imp.us_mw.png

The UK, like all other models, has shifted the initial surge of snow north into Iowa.  However, it still totally misses me with the main wave.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

7 minutes ago, Money said:

Trend is our friend right now: nothing to really stop this from cutting further north 

The significant weaker/east trend that we have seen so many systems pull off in recent years has apparently decided to not show up this time.  Or at least not so far.  

• Like 1