2 minutes ago, the_convergence_zone said:

Yeah it was a trace around here so it wouldn’t show up on a WRF map. 

Exactly.   The maps didn't say there would be no snow falling.   That would not show up unless there is accumulation.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, Ken in Wood Village said:

I think he doesn't know how good Mark is. Sometimes people forget how good he actually is 🙄 

I actually think there is going to be a battle zone in the Portland area. It's going to be the clash of two air masses. Cold dry air and warm moist air. The combination of the two with the strong winds will stir the atmosphere to give us convection which should produce more precipitation. At least that's my theory. We'll see 🤗🌨❄️

I'd say it'll be between Woodburn and salem, but I wish it will be between Albany and Salem because I'm in salem this weekend, but I doubt that'll happen. Portland got their turn last year, salem hasn't had good snow since January 2017, it's their turn now. 

• Like 2

Coldest temp this winter: -7 Jan 13th

Snow depth at Mount Bachelor (last updated April 29th) 88"

Snow depth at my home (updated April 29th) late season 1"!

23-24 seasonal snowfall at home (updated April 29th) 92"!!

2 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

This would of been nuts with a low out there off Vancouver island with this airmass.  One day.

It's a pretty good indication of the extreme luck needed to have all the moving parts align JUST right to allow the "generational" type of historic events to occur. One or two things just slightly off, and it all falls apart.

(To be clear to our Oregon friends, I am aware that things falling apart for Western Washington might mean things aligning just right for Oregon. I'm not discounting what you get to experience this weekend.)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Strangely that southern c-zone is lifting north again.    Snowing a little harder here but don't think it will last too much longer.  

I’ve been waiting for the I-90 band to shift south for a while now… getting worried it’s not going to or we’ll be left with peanuts by the time it does.

• Like 1

Looking at the temperature map this blast has some serious teeth.  Probably the new January standard for this century.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Just now, MV_snow said:

I’ve been waiting for the I-90 band to shift south for a while now… getting worried it’s not going to or we’ll be left with peanuts by the time it does.

Models have been showing it happening a bit later.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

It is really coming down. Don't mind my washing machine going in the background.

I probably have at least half an inch of new snow maybe more. 

• Like 3
  • Snow 1

Garfield County/Pomeroy, WA:

2023-2024 Snowfall totals: 14.3 inches

HIghest snow total (per event): 5.8 inches total 1/11/24 - 1/12/24.

Most recent accumulation (non trace): 0.20 inches on 2/26/24

Days with  trace or more snowfall: 12/01/23 (0.60), 1/8/24 (1.0), 1/10/24 (3.5), 1/11/23 (3.5 inches with Thundersnow; separate event from prior day), 1/12/24 (2.30). 1/14/24 (T), 1/17/24 (1.20 inches), 1/18/24 (1.5 inches), 1/19/24 (0.20), 2/09/24 (0.30), 2/26/24 (0.20-mainly graupel), 4/5/24 (T)

First Freeze: 10/27/2023

Last Sub freezing Day: 1/20/24 (12th) (8 days in a row from 1/12/24-1/20/24)

Coldest low: -12F (!!!!!!!!) (1/12/24)

Last White Christmas: 2022 at my location (on ground)

1 minute ago, snow_wizard said:

Looking at the temperature map this blast has some serious teeth.  Probably the new January standard for this century.

I think it will be colder than december 22

• Like 2

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

2 minutes ago, MV_snow said:

I’m in the same boat as you. I’m probably just a few miles from you. Even the EURO shows close to 1 inch here. Precip is allergic to us. 😆

• Like 1

Just now, Rubus Leucodermis said:

NAM 3km

nam-nest-vancouverski-total_snow_kuchera_cm-5060800.thumb.png.1d1ca8debc7702ce8d7e960f352fdafb.png

Need to adjust to take out first 7 hours since that already happened.   This is what it shows is remaining.  

nam-nest-washington-snow_24hr_kuchera-5111200.png

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Maybe @MossMan can eke out a dusting overnight?

ecmwf-deterministic-vancouverski-total_snow_kuchera_cm-5147200.thumb.png.730017d8da4eb77d58b7f98ef248e7a5.png

Is that future snowfall or is that accumulation that has already supposedly happened? 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Just now, TT-SEA said:

Need to adjust to take out first 7 hours since that already happened.   This is what it shows is remaining.  

nam-nest-washington-snow_24hr_kuchera-5111200.png

Really curious as to how long this CZ over Everett will last. Doesn’t seem like any of the models picked up on it being there this late. The NAM shows that it “already happened” and it would be over by now. Euro somewhat too

• Like 2

(Previous name: MillCreekMike)

Everett, WA (elev. 180’)

2023-2024 Snowfall:

1/11: Tr.

1/18: Tr.

Go M’s

2 minutes ago, iFred said:

Meet up started

image.jpg

I’ll be there in about 20 minutes.

2024 Warm Season Stats

Number of 80+ days - 2

Number of 85+ days - 2 (Warmest so far - 86)

Number of 90+ days - 0

Number of 95+ days - 0

Number of 60+ lows - 0

2 minutes ago, SnowWillarrive said:

I’m in the same boat as you. Even the EURO shows close to 1 inch here. Precip is allergic to us. 😆

The Euro is the stingiest model so good it still shows an inch. Honestly I’d just take a half inch now to not go into the blast with bare ground.

3 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

I think it will be colder than december 22

I had a 17/8 day in 2022…It will be close. 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

2 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

***, Bellingham 19 and gusting to 55. This blast is the real deal.

Wow!!  That is brutal.

Just now, TT-SEA said:

Wow!!  That is brutal.

That will make you feel alive!! 

• Like 1
  • lol 1

2 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Could be hard to pull off here. Had a lot more snow in Dec 2022.

Exactly. I believe this was my 17/8 day. 

IMG_1786.jpeg

So we got about an inch out here which about what the models showed.  However... my wife just came home from work and had to park the car down the hill thanks to a school bus being sideways on the road.   I don't think there were any kids on it at the time... it was going back down after dropping off the kids up here.   I would love to be drinking a beer in Seattle right now but I knew it was not good evening to be trying to navigate the hills up here.   And I didn't want to miss what is likely the only snow I will get from this event!   

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ken in Wood Village said:

I think he doesn't know how good Mark is. Sometimes people forget how good he actually is 🙄 

I actually think there is going to be a battle zone in the Portland area. It's going to be the clash of two air masses. Cold dry air and warm moist air. The combination of the two with the strong winds will stir the atmosphere to give us convection which should produce more precipitation. At least that's my theory. We'll see 🤗🌨❄️

I think Mark is really good with marginal setups because he’s conservative and that usually wins 75% of the time when temps are iffy. But…with setups are colder like this I think he busts far more often because precip tends to overdo what’s modeled. We’ll see though! 

Location 850’ NW Hills in Portland