Super Bowl Weekend Major Snowstorm

Tom

Still rain here. !!!

Should be cooling off soon. Cold front pushed through DeKalb a little while ago.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

Finally switching over to Snow here.

You switched not long after we did way up here.  That warm tongue collapsed pretty quickly in the last hour.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

LOT thinks lower totals for tonight went from 16" to 14" at the high end for my point and click. I'm happy with 14" trust me :)

Where are you located?  If you can, put your city in your profile so ppl know where your posting from.  Thanks

When I get off work- I'am going to have a beer for every inch of snow we have by midnight!!  DSM is basically shutdown -- which is a joke to this N.MN born and raised guy. 

• Like 1

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

How does weather affect everything? Currently Lincoln (NE) Fire and Rescue has no one available for the entire city. College town, similar to Madison or Champagne. Many personal injury wrecks, normally not a problem right? How about a 4 alarm nightclub fire. Stay safe.  http://i.imgur.com/Lfeep4A.jpg

Photo Credit: Collin Ulness on twitter.

According to the 00z WRF, it seems that the lake may be adding about 0.30-0.50" of additional qpf near the lake.  Let's say its overdone and cut that in half and go with 0.25.  Lake Effect is normally 20:1 ratios or higher.  Having said that, that could be an additional 5" lakeside.

How does weather affect everything? Currently Lincoln (NE) Fire and Rescue has no one available for the entire city. College town, similar to Madison or Champagne. Many personal injury wrecks, normally not a problem right? How about a 4 alarm nightclub fire. Stay safe.  http://i.imgur.com/Lfeep4A.jpg

Photo Credit: Collin Ulness on twitter.

What town is this?