August 2015 in the Pacific Northwest

stuffradio

Just trying to save you some time. I am sure Tim would have posted it tomorrow anyway.

Looks like the interpretation was that you wrote that last sentence... Brett wrote it and you just posted it.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

The rain is already over for the day?     Thought it was supposed to be just moving in right now and would last most of the day.    GFS MOS now shows 76 at SEA today.   

The smoke monitoring tool that Mark posted last week shows that the smoke from the east side will be sucked back westward over the entire area tonight before being blasted out of here tomorrow morning.    Sort of interesting to watch the loop.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

We have been over in the Sun Lakes area near Coulee City since Wednesday and it has been quite nice with highs around 90 and little in the way of smoke so far. (Wenatchee area was socked in big time on Wed driving over) Tomorrow sounds interesting however as we are currently under a High Wind Watch for 30-40mph winds with gusts to 60. Could be a fun jetski day!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

The battle lines have been set!

I keep noticing the MOS is spitting out a warm day tomorrow too. Seems unlikely with what should be lots of cloudcover and rain at times.

Hoepfully I'm wrong.

As for tomorrow, I think things will dry out in the valley fairly quick tomorrow and with good mixing we could see decent sunbreaks.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

A little heat spike on the east side early tomorrow morning... this at 8 a.m. and is warmer than the afternoon temps.

http://www.atmos.washington.edu/mm5rt/data/current_gfs/images_d3/wa_tsfc.27.0000.gif

My best guess right now is that after a solid week of troughing, summer-like weather will return slowly over Labor Day weekend and possibly stick around for a good part of the month ahead.    Check back for actual results.  :)

We might get a day or two of cool anomalies eventually!!1

There was always progged to be some decent warm advection with tomorrow's system. Drink heavily through the next 24-36 hours, then you'll be fine.

Gonna be a warm night.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

More on Hawaii and Hilo this past summer:

Temperatures: Many Records Established

More impressive than the recent rainfall have been the extraordinary warm temperatures experienced across the island chain this summer. 

July was the warmest month on record (any month) for Hilo with a 79.4° average temperature, surpassing by a large margin (for a tropical location) the previous such of 78.5° set in August 1994. Furthermore, 12 of the 31 days of July set or tied a daily record high. So far this August, ten out of the past 26 days have also achieved record daily high status. On August 22nd, the daily low temperature of 77° was the warmest minimum ever observed at the site (76° was the previous record set on three former occasions and once again on August 23rd this month). With just six days left to the climatological summer, the average temperature since June 1st has been 78.6°, so it is very likely this will be the warmest summer on record for Hilo, besting the previous such observed in 1986 when the summer average was 77.6°.

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/weatherhistorian/comment.html?entrynum=329