August 2015 in the Pacific Northwest

stuffradio

Don't forget the Screaming Trees and the Meat Puppets!

Suck. Screaming Trees were just a run of the mill college band. Diet Smashing Pumpkins. Meat Puppets were okay but they were a pretty obvious Primus knock-off.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Suck. Screaming Trees were just a run of the mill college band. Diet Smashing Pumpkins. Meat Puppets were okay but they were a pretty obvious Primus knock-off.

That wasn't so much a comment on their quality as it was their era/geography/level of "selling out".

"Nearly Lost You" and "Backwater" are decent songs from both, respectively.

I'm not seeing the Meat Puppets/Primus connection. Also, the Screaming Trees vocalist sounds like Kurt Cobain if anyone.

"Nearly Lost You" and "Backwater" are decent songs from both, respectively.

I'm not seeing the Meat Puppets/Primus connection. Also, the Screaming Trees vocalist sounds like Kurt Cobain if anyone.

Backwater wasn't a good representation of the Meat Puppets overall sound after they moved out of their punk phase. It was by far the most formulaic song on that album. Lake of Fire was always the most toe tapping for me.

• Like 1

The last genuinely chilly one for most of the region was 2007.

September is the new January.

Pretty much.

And according to Dewey, getting things in the warm season to set up perfectly for one is about as hard as getting a camel through the eye of a needle.

I always knew you liked them!!

Let the opinion-rage flow, my little minion!

The older I get the more I like longer warm seasons. Lucky for me our planet seems to be cooperating as my hair line recedes. That said, I really like the first rains after school starts.

Let the opinion-rage flow, my little minion!

The older I get the more I like longer warm seasons. Lucky for me our planet seems to be cooperating as my hair line recedes. That said, I really like the first rains after school starts.

I aways suspected this anyway. ;)

I don't know if our lack of cool Septembers is as much about the planet warming as it is about getting stuck in a rut. We did the same thing with cool Springs several years in a row. Parts of the midwest and NE have seen cool early Falls over the past decade. If we get the right pattern we will too. Sure it might not be a 1964 redux, but still below average.

I aways suspected this anyway. ;)

I don't know if our lack of cool Septembers is as much about the planet warming as it is about getting stuck in a rut. We did the same thing with cool Springs several years in a row. Parts of the midwest and NE have seen cool early Falls over the past decade. If we get the right pattern we will too. Sure it might not be a 1964 redux, but still below average.

Because I've said it before?  

That I like warm weather when the weather should be warm? I don't think that's a Tuesday shocker. Extremes!!!

The problem is, warm weather has been intruding into places when it shouldn't be warm. :(

Liking the warm season and liking an extended warm season are VERY different.

The problem is, warm weather has been intruding into places when it shouldn't be warm. :(

Liking the warm season and liking an extended warm season are VERY different.

I think it's a little disingenuous to call September a cool/cold season month. You may prefer it to be cool and wet, but chances are it's not gonna happen. An average September is pretty freakin' pleasant.

I think it's a little disingenuous to call September a cool/cold season month. You may prefer it to be cool and wet, but chances are it's not gonna happen. An average September is pretty freakin' pleasant.

True. I agree, an average September would be wonderful. I don't know where everyone gets this idea that I want it to get wet immediately. Gradual cooling and crispness, with maybe a few mild early season rainmakers thrown in, is where it's at.

Falls like last year suck, though. Having it stay that warm into early November was just bizarre. And that much humidity in September is no fun either. Should be a dryish month with warm days and cool to chilly nights on average. Just my opinion, of course.

True. I agree, an average September would be wonderful. I don't know where everyone gets this idea that I want it to get wet immediately. Gradual cooling and crispness, with maybe a few mild early season rainmakers thrown in, is where it's at.

Falls like last year suck, though. Having it stay that warm into early November was just bizarre. And that much humidity in September is no fun either. Should be a dryish month with warm days and cool to chilly nights on average. Just my opinion, of course.

Last year was a pretty freakish anomaly. Probably best to not dwell on it.