2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

I've never understood why crowd size matters. Obama won DC with 92% of the popular vote. Trump might have managed 20%. The majority of attendees are probably living within about 3 hours of DC, ergo crowd size will be smaller regardless of national popularity (not saying Trump is anywhere as popular as Obama).

• Like 1

The Pacific Northwest: Where storms go to die.

So you really think it was raining so hard as to completely discredit the 9:01 a.m. monument photo? This despite all video and photographic evidence during the ceremony itself strongly suggesting the rain was a minimal nuisance?

Well, I should have worded it better. Even a modest rain will reduce visibility below 5 miles, and it was under 2 miles at 12pm at DCA, and they were under lighter precipitation. It was also misting the entire day after 11AM or so.

Also, the pavement was wet across DC at 12pm. It was dry in that image.

Well, I should have worded it better. Even a modest rain will reduce visibility below 5 miles, and it was under 2 miles at 12pm at DCA, and they were under lighter precipitation. It was also misting the entire day after 11AM or so.

No one said it was completely dry.

The photo time stamp matches the video evidence.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

No one said it was completely dry.

The photo time stamp matches the video evidence.

Where's the time stamp on that photo? I don't see one.

Holy hell - give it a rest guys. We already had one political thread close. Take it to PM if crowd size, rain drops, and dry pavement are really that important.

Nah we need a crowd size/DC inaugural rain thread that will gradually grow to over 100 pages in length over the next 4 years :lol:

I just don't see why you would push this so hard. It's coming off a little unhinged. I think any reasonable person, given the massive amount of photo/video evidence, can get a very accurate feel for the weather conditions throughout the event. Airport obs and radar loops become pretty irrelevant.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Where's the time stamp on that photo? I don't see one.

It was reportedly taken at 12:01 p.m. per Reuters.    Video evidence supports fairly good visibility at that time... you said it was dumping rain with low visibility at that time so the stated time of the photo was absolutely wrong.   That was clearly an incorrect statement on your part as video evidence proves.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I just don't see why you would push this so hard. It's coming off a little unhinged. I think any reasonable person, given the massive amount of photo/video evidence, can get a very accurate feel for the weather conditions throughout the event. Airport obs and radar loops become pretty irrelevant.

I guess it's because I know I'm right, and because I'm being called a liar when I haven't lied about anything.

It was reportedly taken at 12:01 p.m. per Reuters. Video evidence supports fairly good visibility at that time... you said it was dumping rain with low visibility at that time so the stated time of the photo was absolutely wrong. That was clearly an incorrect statement on your part as video evidence proves.

So there's no time stamp on the photo? That's all I needed to know, thanks. It wasn't taken at 12pm. Should be obvious to anyone in DC at the time.

I guess it's because I know I'm right, and because I'm being called a liar when I haven't lied about anything.

Yes you did.   You made a misstatement based what you remember happening that day... and now have run with it being extremely defensive and wasting all of our time because you refuse to admit you were wrong. 

You were wrong about the actual weather happening during the 20-minute event on the mall.    Let it go.  

So there's no time stamp on the photo? That's all I needed to know, thanks. It wasn't taken at 12pm. Should be obvious to anyone in DC at the time.

Video evidence and numerous sweeping shots of the crowd and the mall and the clearly visible Washington monument from the platform upon which Trump was standing as he was speaking match up well with the photo of the crowd.   

I don't care what anyone in DC remembers.    And you don't know what anyone remembers either.  

Memories are subjective... copious video evidence is objective.   

Yes you did. You made a misstatement based what you remember happening that day... and now have run with it with being extremely defensive and wasting all of our time because you refuse to admit you were wrong.

You were wrong about the actual weather happening during the 20-minute event on the mall. Let it go.

No, you're just ignoring facts.

- There was a 30-35dbz band over DC at the time.

- The video you're referencing is designed to filter out obstructive visual interference from dust, light, rain, etc.

- The pavement was wet starting at ~11AM

- DCA picked up 0.20" of precip that hour. Almost all of it fell when trump was speaking.

Video evidence and numerous sweeping shots of the crowd and the mall and the clearly visible Washington monument from the platform upon which Trump was standing as he was speaking match up well with the photo of the crowd.

I don't care what anyone in DC remembers. And you don't know what anyone remembers either.

Memories are subjective... copious video evidence is objective.

Data isn't subjective. It wasn't taken at 12pm.

Ok? Not a big deal.

No, you're just ignoring facts.

- There was a 30-35dbz band over DC at the time.

- The video you're referencing is designed to filter out obstructive visual interference from dust, light, rain, etc.

- The pavement was wet starting at ~11AM

- DCA picked up 0.20" of precip that hour. Almost all of it fell when trump was speaking.

FOR THE LAST TIME... VIDEO SHOWS TRUMP AND THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE IN ATTENDANCE PRETTY MUCH DRY FOR THE ENTIRE EVENT.

How is that about lighting or filters???   :lol:

Trump is speaking here... its the middle of the event.     These people are outside and uncovered.   They are not soaking wet.   No filter can change that.   You have to get the last word.   You are wrong.  

inaug.png

FOR THE LAST TIME... VIDEO SHOWS TRUMP AND THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE IN ATTENDANCE PRETTY MUCH DRY FOR THE ENTIRE EVENT.

How is that about lighting or filters??? :lol:

Trump is speaking here... its the middle of the event. These people are outside and uncovered. They are not soaking wet. No filter can change that.

inaug.png

You're not gonna get "drenched" in 0.2"/hr rain over 30mins. :lol:

Evaporation through wind, etc, works fairly effectively.

You're not gonna get "drenched" in 0.2"/hr rain over 30mins. :lol:

Evaporation through wind, etc, works fairly effectively.

And yes, it was raining hard at 12pm..I even archived radar images from the inauguration because I thought it was comical to see a squall moving through timed perfectly for the inauguration. I was literally there.  :lol:

No it was not.   

That can't be true because it was pouring rain at 12:01pm, 

Plus there was a light mist that started at 1030-11AM. That's what dropped visibility the most and wet the pavement.

So, yeah, who else thinks the two for one deal on regulations is a good idea? Remove two old regulations, get one new regulation. Of course it needs plenty of oversight as regulations are not equal in cost or impact.

• Like 1

So, yeah, who else thinks the two for one deal on regulations is a good idea? Remove two old regulations, get one new regulation. Of course it needs plenty of oversight as regulations are not equal in cost or impact.

As long as they accurately record the weather conditions at the time of deregulation I'm all for it.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

It was sprinkling. You can watch it happening.

It was raining at 0.2"/hr. Whether you call it a drizzle or a downpour won't change that fact.

It was raining at 0.2"/hr. Whether you call it a drizzle or a downpour won't change that fact.

Was the inauguration held on the runway at DCA which is 5.0 miles from the mall?

Is the specific 'moment in time' rainfall rate at the airport (5.0 miles away) tell you exactly what happened over the 20-minute event on the mall?

You know the argument is lost if we are discussing George Soros and exact weather conditions at the inaugural. It is impossible to defend the indefensible if it means chaos. It is becoming the world against Trump and that makes America unsafe. Irony!

Was the inauguration held on the runway at DCA which is 5.0 miles from the mall?

Is the specific 'moment in time' rainfall rate at the airport (5.0 miles away) tell you exactly what happened over the 20-minute event on the mall?

DCA isn't 5 miles from the mall, more like 1.5 miles. Also, the mall was under heavier radar returns than DCA.

The picture wasn't taken at 12pm.

To be fair Trump did do a lot of crazy s**t in the last week...but if Scott Adams is correct the left can call his bluff safely and the final administration policy will be somewhere in the middle.

The Persuasion Filter and the Hitler Filter, and the predictability of Trump.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/156532225711/the-persuasion-filter-and-immigration

Well Trump's main skill in life is that he knows how to negotiate from position of power, which is what he is doing. Ultimately public opinion is malleable until it creates serious discomforts to people's lives, and likely won't have much of a consequence for him. Given that he has no idea about the issues that he is negotiating about it's a matter of time before he does something that will cause that and result in impeachment or electoral consequences(war, trade war with china and/or economic recession as direct result of his policy, and some other thing I can't forsee at this point). But I am not sure that Trump, the blind man in this game, will step into the landmine with irreversible consequences which he can't lie about later and say he was just kidding and it's back to business as usual. I am not going to be clamoring around that Republicans will impeach him right away or after midterms of 2018, but it's hard to see him making it past 1 term, especially since coalition is already brittle and his victory was razor thin.

• Like 1

I agree but you must admit that the people of Washington are taking action: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/29/the-latest-murray-trump-immigration-action-un-amer/

Likely meaningless action... and just a small group of people in Washington state.

3,000 people out of 7 million.   ;)

Liberals protesting... yet again. Liberals fighting everything they don't agree with... yet again. Liberals "speaking loud" and "making their voices heard" and "standing against fascism"... yet again. Washington State proving it's hierarchy in the uber-liberal states... yet again.

Remind me what's new here?

What's new is immediate/ daily negative reaction. There is nothing to compare this crisis of leadership to past presidents. The Bush family hates Trump.

According to you, every person on this planet hates Trump. "The world" hates Trump. "Republicans" hate Trump. "Democrats" hate Trump. "The Bushes" hate Trump.

How the hell did this guy get elected? White supremacists must sure have a lot of power in this country. D*mn all those Nazis!

I applaud you for your defense but when leaders in your own party oppose Trump it seems that things better improve ASAP

I find myself rooting for Sean Spicer right now fielding questions from the media trying to over-dramatize the situation with the small number of people temporarily detained and Schumer crying.

Perspective is important. Romney & McCain would have never faced this crisis if elected president. Pence needs to step in or be brought down by Trump. Republicans are going to take care of this situation.

I find myself rooting for Sean Spicer right now fielding questions from the media trying to over-dramatize the situation with the small number of people temporarily detained and Schumer crying.

It was funny watching Schumer cry :lol: