2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

Republicans are going to take Trump out and for that we are a grateful nation.

Where do you get your information?

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Madonna was intoxicated at the Women's March in many ways.

You actually admit she was off the rails? Maybe there is a shred of hope for you yet.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

You actually admit she was off the rails? Maybe there is a shred of hope for you yet.

It was predictable that anarchists would attack in Seattle and kind of funny but the demonstrations that followed will only increase. Take note of likely traffic jams downtown.

I know WAY too much (or just enough?) about Ashley Judd's menstrual cycle woes.

That Ashley Judd thing was just gross. What a skank.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

That Ashley Judd thing was just gross. What a skank.

You do understand that you are as extreme as they are just the other way, right?  

Both extremes are counter-productive.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I honestly am done with politics on this forum. I see enough of it on Facebook and Twitter and from as I see it, the rationalization of some of the Presidents posturing is irritating. I ******* hate to see the party I grew up with in the 90's circle the drain pandering to either fear or Evangelicals. The Republicans had an opportunity to nominate a few people that would have set the party up for success for a few decades to come, but now we have Tiny Hands McGee scribbling Executive Orders that are defended the same way a child would when scolded. My best friend in Philadelphia is Muslim and I wont see him submit to any of this bullshit. I am not going to let casual racism to be normalized or authoritarian moves be praised.

I will resist, I will fight, and I will defend for what I believe our Country and our Society were founded on, those certain rights we found unalienable.

Well said.   

The best hope for this country right now is for more Republicans like you to turn against this administration.   That is the key.  

I am hopeful.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

49% agree with Trumps EO while 41% disagree with it according to a new Reuters poll Not bad numbers for Trump

I'm shocked at how many of my classmates are okay with it. This is supposed to be the liberal capital of America.

How is that the best hope for this country? Impeachments are always a messy blemish on our history. 

I would like to think the best hope for this country is Trump slows down (which will inevitably happen), listens to those around him (already some signals of this), straightens up the Twitter account (still waiting on this one...), and governs with both his base and people who didn't vote for him in mind.

You've already admitted most of his policies make sense so wouldn't you want him to just correct the mistakes he is currently making? Save his personality, most of the "mistakes" are fixable. 

That is what I meant... if Republicans force his hand then he will have to slow down and be more thoughtful.  If that is even possible for the man.

49% agree with Trumps EO while 41% disagree with it according to a new Reuters poll

Not bad numbers for Trump

So are we only putting our skeptic hats on for news that doesn't favor Trump? I'm trying to learn the rules here.

Neil Gorsuch will be the pick by Trump for Supreme Court

Awesome pick that conservatives will love

I'm sure the liberals will have several more cows over that.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Neil Gorsuch will be the pick by Trump for Supreme Court

Awesome pick that conservatives will love

Very surprising. Everyone was sure he would pick a liberal.

The general concept of his EO is actually really good. The execution of it was awful tho

I can't figure at EO is.  I'm sure I'll feel dumb when I hear the answer.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I'm sure the liberals will have several more cows over that.

I swear that you get way more joy from other people's anger than anything else. Same thing with weather when you talk about the East Coast. Or the happiness resulting from seeing people shocked by cold weather. Its a common theme with all of your views.

I sure hope the Republicans in the Senate decide to go the "nuclear option" so that Democrats can't filibuster.

I've had enough of the politics they've played with Trump's cabinet confirmations, it doesn't need to extend to his Supreme Court pick too.

So you are hoping the democrats don't act like the republicans did for eight years under Obama?

Seems totally reasonable and non-partisan.

• Like 1

I sure hope the Republicans in the Senate decide to go the "nuclear option" so that Democrats can't filibuster.

I've had enough of the politics they've played with Trump's cabinet confirmations, it doesn't need to extend to his Supreme Court pick too.

Same thing that the Republicans did to Obama.

How blindly one sided of you. Screw checks and balances!

One person's checks and balances is another's blatant obstructionism. Same partisan hackery, different day.

The only difference is the party in control is gerenally going to have the most leverage in the contest of finger pointing.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

One person's checks and balances is another's blatant obstructionism. Same partisan hackery, different day.

The only difference is the party in control is gerenally going to have the most leverage in the contest of finger pointing.

Just seems really hypocritical that he is hooping the democrats don't do the same thing that he has no doubt been supporting the republicans doing for years.

I know that you and Jared only like to point out hypocrisy on the left though.

For the record I hope the democrats aren't obstructionist as well. Just like I did with the republicans. Only gums up the gears and makes our congress look like a joke.

I swear that you get way more joy from other people's anger than anything else. Same thing with weather when you talk about the East Coast. Or the happiness resulting from seeing people shocked by cold weather. Its a common theme with all of your views.

You're no one to talk

Thanks for chiming in Bryant. I am right about Jim's views.

You live in your own world, where you're always right, never wrong.

You make Jim out to be such a horrible person, when he's not. We all love the weather, and it affects us all in different ways. You know what's funny? People missed Jim while he was gone, wanted him to come back. People never miss you, never will

• Like 1

Just seems really hypocritical that he is hooping the democrats don't do the same thing that he has no doubt been supporting the republicans doing for years.

I know that you and Jared only like to point out hypocrisy on the left though.

For the record I hope the democrats aren't obstructionist as well. Just like I did with the republicans. Only gums up the gears and makes our congress look like a joke.

I agree completely. I have absolutely no faith in either party's ability to compromise for the good of sensible progress.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

You live in your own world, where you're always right, never wrong.

You make Jim out to be such a horrible person, when he's not. We all love the weather, and it affects us all in different ways. You know what's funny? People missed Jim while he was gone, wanted him to come back. People never miss you, never will

OK Bryant. Not talking about just weather. And I can certainly admit when I am wrong. But then you staunchly defend Phil. That is truly funny.

OK Bryant. Not talking about just weather either. And I can certainly admit when I am wrong. But then you staunchly defend Phil. That is truly funny.

This isn't about Phil, and my comment to you during your pointless debate yesterday wasn't in his defense either. Has nothing to do with what I just said anyways

I honestly am done with politics on this forum. I see enough of it on Facebook and Twitter and from as I see it, the rationalization of some of the Presidents posturing is irritating. I ******* hate to see the party I grew up with in the 90's circle the drain pandering to either fear or Evangelicals. The Republicans had an opportunity to nominate a few people that would have set the party up for success for a few decades to come, but now we have Tiny Hands McGee scribbling Executive Orders that are defended the same way a child would when scolded. My best friend in Philadelphia is Muslim and I wont see him submit to any of this bullshit. I am not going to let casual racism to be normalized or authoritarian moves be praised.

I will resist, I will fight, and I will defend for what I believe our Country and our Society were founded on, those certain rights we found unalienable.

What is your friend being forced to submit to? What inalienable rights are being taken away?

And what evidence can you provide that "casual racism is being normalized"? These are strong statements that demand real proof.

I don't like Trump. But I like facts, much more than media-driven hysteria. 

A forum for the end of the world.

You really shouldn't have to apologize for this. This forum is very right-leaning (especially regarding those who have taken up the mantle of forum police/interrogator) so expect to get thoroughly raked over the coals for that sort of thing, while far more absurd assertions/beliefs from Trump supporters slide by unnoticed or quietly approved. You will get used to it eventually.

1. He doesn't have to apologize for anything. Neither Justin or myself were asking him to. No one said he was wrong for feeling the way he does.

2. He wasn't "raked over the coals". Justin and I thought it was kind of curious how he presented Pence's statement, as if it was something shocking, but we weren't demanding he stop or whatever.

3. The more absurd statements by Snow Wiz, Phil, and Andrew absolutely led to them getting raked over the coals by multiple posters, myself included on some occasions.

Enough with the pity games and playing the victim.

Respectfully, it would be nice to see you contribute something substantial to this discussion. Your last few posts have been dripping with sarcasm and hyperbole.

I have to second this. iFred has brought a lot of emotion and hyperbole to his posts in this thread, but not much else.

A spade's a spade.

I can't wait until they put a filter on our internet to block us from all the lies. That way we will only be exposed to the truth from the State/Breitbart (the line will gradually blur) and we will truly be free!!

More hyperbole for the win!

Seriously, this should be renamed the 2017 Off Topic Hyperbole Thread.