February 23rd-25th Winter Storm Potential

Tom

A line of cells with small hail passed through here late this evening, so I at least got something interesting from this system.  The rest of the night looks pretty quiet.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

The surface low is in northeast Missouri which is normally a good spot for central and eastern Iowa, but there is no precip with the low. It sure appears that many in warnings and advisories got much less snow than anticipated. The defo band doesn't seem overly impresssive either. Maybe a couple more inches from that for most. DMX says 1-4" more especially towards the Minnesota border.

Is it coming down pretty good near OMA/LNK???  Would assume its more powdery snow with temps in the mid 20's.

Pretty light here in omaha. 2" on the grassy areas, roads are mainly wet with frozen slush on side streets. Ground temps were just too high to support much accumulation.

I'd be surprised if we get another inch out of this band.

• Like 1

this band is definitely over performing for us I'd say. Still coming down pretty hard. It's not sticking on the roads but on the grass is definitely piling up. The heavier returns keep redeveloping over town and there has been some redevelopment to the north of us as well that will drop down

this band is definitely over performing for us I'd say. Still coming down pretty hard. It's not sticking on the roads but on the grass is definitely piling up. The heavier returns keep redeveloping over town and there has been some redevelopment to the north of us as well that will drop down

And someone was complaining its fading away as it reached the Omaha dome... ;)

• Like 1