1/10 - 1/11 Possible Severe Frontal Passage with intense snow showers

clintbeed1993

The changeover is happening here right at about the freezing mark, so surface temps don't worry me. What does worry me is that after it stops sleeting and it's snow, there will still be warm air aloft. My main concern is that combined with wind seriously screwing with totals. That is the ONE thing that I can see going wrong once we get to all snow. Besides the obvious factor of who's getting the band.

It can sleet when it’s 27 degrees. I’m just saying change overs rarely work when models say they will

Money, what is your fascination with downplaying our snow here, I've seen you do it on multiple storm threads for us. lol. Me thinks you are just jealous

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

It can sleet when it’s 27 degrees. I’m just saying change overs rarely work when models say they will

I've been looking at soundings too my good sir. Seems pretty cut and dry to me how the changeover will take place.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Temperatures won't just hang around for a while at 28 29 degrees, they drop fast and by 6 am will probably be in the lower teens. There is absolutely nothing to be worried about. 

Nobody should be excited until the band is setting up over them. A band of snow that narrow is going to cause more crying than celebrating. This storm ended up really taking a crap. It originally looked like a share the wealth and now will only benefit a very small area.

Story of how many years running???

You guys wouldn’t root for anyone in Chicago or WI so why should I root for you in NE?

Dude, I have the post history to show you otherwise lol I always root for you guys in Wisconsin over Chicago (sorry Chicago), especially since you’ve been the underdog out there for the past few years.

Nobody should be excited until the band is setting up over them.  A band of snow that narrow is going to cause more crying than celebrating.  This storm ended up really taking a crap.  It originally looked like a share the wealth and now will only benefit a very small area.

So much truth. Just glad I have something to watch that’s so close now. Snow band is so narrow it cuts our county in half, like the odds of actually getting over top of you are really small. Just hope at least one of us gets under it.

Dude, I have the post history to show you otherwise lol I always root for you guys in Wisconsin over Chicago (sorry Chicago), especially since you’ve been the underdog out there for the past few years.

I guess I shouldn’t have said you guys but there’s posters from your area who’s in this thread who said that

Unfortunately I think a couple bad apples ruined all of us out this way for him. We are all here to get our fix for a hobby that we enjoy called weather, I don't ever look at it as a competition or rooting for/against anyone. Most of the time it is dumb luck to be in right place.

• Like 3

:(

Probably should’ve phrased that differently, like if the tables turned I’d root for you guys being the underdog. But like Andrew said, shouldn’t be a game, it’s weather, and it sucks when none of us get it. So I apologize! Guess I’m still immature in some regard when it comes to storms.

• Like 1

Probably should’ve phrased that differently, like if the tables turned I’d root for you guys being the underdog. But like Andrew said, shouldn’t be a game, it’s weather, and it sucks when none of us get it. So I apologize! Guess I’m still immature in some regard when it comes to storms.

We all are to an extent it’s just a few posters here take it over the top.

The complaint thread provides a fairly accurate list of the immaturity from posters. Best of luck out West! Would love to get some snow soon  

But on the other hand, if, say, Des Moines got 12" and we got nothing at the last minute, I'm not going to be happy for Des Moines simply because we got nothing and they got what models originally had us getting. Nothing against Des Moines, but I'd rather get the snow here. Now if an event was targeting Des Moines and it hit them, then it'd be different. I'd be happy for them. So don't assume that because I want snow, I don't root for anyone else. What a bad assumption.

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

How far away is the band on the gfs from you? You still live in Rochester right?

15 miles east. verbatim gfs is over. 5 qpf here more just west. Who the hell knows... It's really just another glorified turd with a weenie band in it.

10 inches in roch that run looks like. 7.5 or so here.

GFS kind of spread the snow out over the Omaha / Lincoln area..it even pushed back west a smidge, so I think were done with the trending east. 4-5 inches would even make me happy here if that happened.

http://maps1.pivotalweather.com/maps/models/gfs/2018011000/042/snku_acc.us_c.png

IWM and Kuchera def aren’t on the same page

IWM is even lighter than NAM in NE with 2-3 for most areas

Are you done yet? So does twister data.com they are all different. Plot twist, i actually know Kuchera, his name is Evan Kuchera and he works for the Air Force Weather Agency here in Omaha, he's a great guy but im wondering what he thinks about his formula going viral lol

• Like 1