1/10 - 1/11 Possible Severe Frontal Passage with intense snow showers

clintbeed1993

I feel like this is going to go down to the wire. GFS made a large shift east. If it comes even further east by another 75 miles or so, I would be in the all snow side. Currently, models suggest my area starting off with rain then changing to mix then snow. If 00Z runs come east, could really be on to something. 

RGEM sucks but it looks super juicy, some parts of NC KS get 22". This is going to be a hell of a snowstorm for someone, I can feel it.

I don't know. I don't like the rapidly weakening/elongated surface low as it moves east. It's hard to get really heavy snow when the dynamics are weakening.

It’s insane. If you take a consensus of all of them though we’re still in the best spot to be, given this is just outside 24 hours now. Models suck this close in.

Yeah with the NAM has it just north and the gfs just south that would put I-80 in the middle.

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

Wow, SPC has a large marginal risk area stretching from Des Moines all the way back southwest to Albuquerque (includes: LNK & OMA) for Thursday.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day2otlk.html

Thundersnow potential on the table....

Dynamics all over this thing. Almost reminds me of a spring storm. (Minus the cold air plunge that follows)

Whoever gets under that band will be one happy camper. And it literally might only be ONE from this forum.

• Like 1

Dynamics all over this thing. Almost reminds me of a spring storm. (Minus the cold air plunge that follows)

Whoever gets under that band will be one happy camper. And it literally might only be ONE from this forum.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Doesn’t get more stressful than this.

Eh, I think the weakening sfc low puts a sizable damper on things, just my 2 cents though.

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

This low track is a bit concerning.  

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/wwd/lowtrack_circles.gif

That completely contradicts every model trend that has occurred today. In fact, that looks like a track that a Euro run from last week would have taken.

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Star Tribune? Is their chief meteorologist a junior intern?

it was a NWS MET -- I will post it now that I'am on desktop

http://www.startribune.com/springlike-warmth-today-plowable-snow-and-cold-by-wednesday-night/468434923/?om_rid=1581381065&om_mid=68180425

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.