1/10 - 1/11 Possible Severe Frontal Passage with intense snow showers

clintbeed1993

must be some sort of issue with mixing, the snow band setup is the same, it’s just broken into sections. And ya know, moves 600 miles in an hour so

OAX needs to get its act together. Put all of Eastern Neb in a watch my god, what an embarrassment

It's an elongated area of low pressure that's why it appears to move that fast on the model.

• Like 2

Probably going to find out tomorrow night if sleet will be an issue for a couple hours. If it isn't just tack on a couple more inches. But NAM looks good to me and also the 4km as well.

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

The data on that NAM was messed up. There's no real reasoning behind the dry air then sudden boom in precip within 3 hours tomorrow night. I'm believing more what the 3km NAM is showing, filling that area of dry air with rain.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Rain to snow changeovers almost always take longer than models predict.

The changeover is happening here right at about the freezing mark, so surface temps don't worry me. What does worry me is that after it stops sleeting and it's snow, there will still be warm air aloft. My main concern is that combined with wind seriously screwing with ratios. That is the ONE thing that I can see going wrong once we get to all snow. Besides the obvious factor of who's getting the band.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.