May Weather in the Pacific Northwest

If the HPRCC maps show a below normal June for most of the region on the 20th, I give you a passing grade. :P

You’re probably performing a satanic ritual right now in an effort to prevent that from happening.

Tim's words. "Troughing in a big way", which he attributed to you, twice.

Then I apologize on his behalf. I didn’t say that.

Breaking News: Jared is forecasting a warm and ridgy first half of June. Get your sunscreen and beach towels ready!

There will be some sunscreen and beach towel type days though.     Saturday is an example.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Not a drop of rain up here yet. Haven’t really had any meaningful rain at all at the new place since moving in. Our landscaping is still lush as can be though.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

There will be some sunscreen and beach towel type days though. Saturday is an example.

Is it even possible to get sunburned up there? A UV index of 2 is pretty safe for most people.

• Like 1

Is it even possible to get sunburned up there? A UV index of 2 is pretty safe for most people.

Odd comment.  

The sun angle here right now is about the same as in Hawaii when we were there during the second half of February.    And we were sunburned there on the first day.   

My wife and kids are very tan and have been since late April... just from being outside all the time.   I was just commenting on this yesterday to my wife.

UV forecast for Saturday here is 8.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Yes. My wife got cooked last weekend while up at our friends beach house at Samish Bay.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

The sun angle in Seattle is around 65 degrees right now.

When we were in Kona in late February... the sun angle was around 60 degrees.  

You can easily sunburn in Hawaii in February... its happens fast.     Same with Seattle in May if its sunny.  

Interestingly, 1956 is the only year on record where June was cooler than May at PDX. And it did that by a whopping .02 of a degree, so they were virtually equal.

We'll see. If Phil's epic-mega-blast-Juneuary-of-the-millennium stretch verifies then it may very well happen again!

• Like 1

Odd comment.

The sun angle here right now is about the same as in Hawaii when we were there during the second half of February. And we were sunburned there on the first day.

My wife and kids are very tan and have been since late April... just from being outside all the time. I was just commenting on this yesterday to my wife.

UV forecast for Saturday here is 8.

I was mostly kidding. Maybe my trip there last year was far enough from the solstice that it didn’t matter.

I was mostly kidding. Maybe my trip there last year was far enough from the solstice that it didn’t matter.

July?

Come on. July is the same as May.

You can easily get sunburned here from late April through early September.

July?

Come on. July is the same as May.

You can easily get sunburned here from late April through early September.

Late July.

And I didn’t. Was outside a lot too. I did get roasted in FL the following week, though.

Late July.

And I didn’t. Was outside a lot too. I did get roasted in FL the following week, though.

You were not here that long and spent 2 days traveling to and from Hippa and 3 or 4 days up there is the wind and rain.

If you can sunburn in Hawaii in late February then you can sunburn in Seattle in late July.

Next week looks absolutely perfect on the 00Z ECMWF surface maps.

Monday is a little cool but still quite sunny... then starting Tuesday it's mostly sunny and in the 70s for most areas for the rest of the week.

Next week looks absolutely perfect on the 00Z ECMWF surface maps.

Monday is a little cool but still quite sunny... then starting Tuesday it's mostly sunny and in the 70s for most areas for the rest of the week.

Some significant rain would be absolutely perfect. Sounds like another run.

Some significant rain would be absolutely perfect. Sounds like another s**t run.

Some rain approaching by day 9. Have not seen day 10 yet.

Almost nothing down there through day 9. And not much here either.

It shows about .01 or .02 for Portland through day 9. And some of that may have fallen this evening.

Good soaking rain from Portland northward on day 10.

Of course a couple days ago the ECMWF showed a good soaking rain for this weekend and early next week.

If Phil tries to sell the Euro from day 4 onward as a western troughing pattern then that is pretty laughable.

Troughy except for D6-8. ;)

D4:

Q0e8jM7.png

D5:

37eCkyP.png

D9:

2AfaRk3.png

D10:

RZ4RkGr.png