July 2018 Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Strange how the people here who complain the most always seem to be having the worst weather.

Blame nature... cloudy and drizzling here again.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Why complain? You yourself have said we are only here for a brief moment in time, not sure why you want want to waste that brief time complaining on an internet weather forum....

I am not complaining... its what is happening.    Its weather.    

And I was happy to see such a nice soaking rain again last night.    

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

12Z ECMWF shows that it will not totally clear today up here... just break up a little.

And it shows another decent rain event Monday night into Tuesday for WA.    Should get another .25 to .50 here.    No watering again this week.  

Oregon get absolutely nothing.  

12Z ECMWF also shows close to 100 degrees down south by Thursday... warmer than the 00Z run. 

ecmwf_t2max_portland_23.png

Gonna be looking like Silent Hill down here by September.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Gonna be looking like Silent Hill down here by September.

Yeah... and its yet another day with lots of clouds in WA while its sunny down there.   There have been so many days like this since May.   If you did not check the satellite... you would not know how different it is up here.   

7-7_sat.png

Yeah... and its yet another day with lots of clouds in WA while its sunny down there.   There have been so many days like this since May.   If you did not check the satellite... you would not know how different it is up here.   

Almost like the Willamette Valley is a much better bet for consistently summery weather than the Puget Sound. There has been an unusual difference the last few weeks though.

How hot are the ECMWF surface maps looking for next week?

Almost like the Willamette Valley is a much better bet for consistently summery weather than the Puget Sound. There has been an unusual difference the last few weeks though.

How hot are the ECMWF surface maps looking for next week?

I posted Thursday earlier... that was the first really hot day.    Here is Friday - Monday:

ecmwf_t2max_washington_27.png

ecmwf_t2max_washington_31.png

ecmwf_t2max_washington_35.png

ecmwf_t2max_washington_39.png

I posted Thursday earlier... that was the first really hot day.    Here is Friday - Monday:

Thanks, top end not looking too impressive at this point. Just consistently hot. Kind of ironic that PDX has hit 100 in only one July since 2009 despite the recent stretch of blazing summers.

Thanks, top end not looking too impressive at this point. Just consistently hot. Kind of ironic that PDX has hit 100 in only one July since 2009 despite the recent stretch of blazing summers.

I miss our “brief” 2-3 day heat waves followed by marine air and a socked in west side. Then repeat. Used to be a pretty reliable summer pattern.

Now it’s just consistent high end heat with these strange, broad ridges over us that never want to budge. Discouraging to see this pattern setting up for the 6th summer in a row.

12Z ECMWF shows that it will not totally clear today up here... just break up a little.

And it shows another decent rain event Monday night into Tuesday for WA. Should get another .25 to .50 here. No watering again this week.

Oregon get absolutely nothing.

It doesn’t look that wet for Washington either.

I miss our “brief” 2-3 day heat waves followed by marine air and a socked in west side. Then repeat. Used to be a pretty reliable summer pattern.

Now it’s just consistent high end heat with these strange, broad ridges over us that never want to budge. Discouraging to see this pattern setting up for the 6th summer in a row.

It does feel like we shifted into a different summer climate mode in 2013. I don't really understand it but I'm sure it could be explained by some Phil jargon.

At least we can count on Dewey's August Icebox this year! I expect it to be the region's coolest since the 80s, setting us up perfectly for September’s best June 2015 impression.

• Like 1

I posted Thursday earlier... that was the first really hot day. Here is Friday - Monday:

ecmwf_t2max_washington_27.png

ecmwf_t2max_washington_31.png

ecmwf_t2max_washington_35.png

ecmwf_t2max_washington_39.png

Finally a little heat coming up! Cold day so far today!!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

It does feel like we shifted into a different summer climate mode in 2013. I don't really understand it but I'm sure it could be explained by some Phil jargon.

At least we can count on Dewey's August Icebox this year! I expect it to be the region's coolest since the 80s, setting us up perfectly for September’s best June 2015 impression.

All true minus the cool August part.

It’s so dark out with these thick low clouds I might need to wear a headlamp to be able to see the tree I’m about to take down.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

It’s so dark out with these thick low clouds I might need to wear a headlamp to be able to see the tree I’m about to take down.

This past Tuesday and Thursday were the only really sunny days for us up here in the last 11 days which began on 6/27.    So... 9 out of last 11 days that have been mostly cloudy.   In the summer!

And if you go back to the official start of summer on 6/21... we have had 4 mostly sunny days out of 17 total days.

That is less than 25%. And we have had significant rain in that time as well.

It's been a completely different world up here compared to down south. That is just a fact.

This past Tuesday and Thursday were the only really sunny days for us up here in the last 11 days which began on 6/27. So... 9 out of last 11 days that have been mostly cloudy. In the summer!

And if you go back to the official start of summer on 6/21... we have had 4 mostly sunny days out of 17 total days.

That is less than 25%. And we have had significant rain in that time as well.

It's been a completely different world up here compared to down south. That is just a fact.

Who are you arguing with now? Even when its cloudy you can still see and do stuff during the day.

• Like 1

Who are you arguing with now? Even when its cloudy you can still see and do stuff during the day.

Reporting weather conditions and stats.

What you do goes way beyond that.

And no Matt, I will not go f*ck myself.

I don't give a what you say. The exaggerated difference is definitely interesting.

13 of 17 mostly cloudy days to start official summer... that is just a fact. Due for some sun!

Reporting weather conditions and stats.

You keep hiding behind the old, "I am just reporting stats and stuff", when the fact of the matter is you think you found a new way to complain using "stats" as your reason, that you can't see that we see through the bullshit, it's the same thing everyday with you, I wasn't on this forum for the apparent infamous Tim meltdowns of years past but if this is any indication to just a part of it, D**n!! I truly feel bad for you and yours...

• Like 1

I don't give a s**t what you say. The exaggerated difference is definitely interesting.

13 of 17 mostly cloudy days to start official summer... that is just a fact. Due for some sun!

Due for what, what does mother nature owe you, did she borrow money from you, take your soul?