July 2018 Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Just 24 hours away from hearimg what a chilly paradise we live in from Phil. :)

Highs in the 70s would fit my definition of paradise, yes.

Scheduled to land at SeaTac around 8pm tomorrow, then making the drive up to Everett. Also grabbed some tickets to the Mariners/White Sox game on the 20th.

Oh yeah, no doubt the marine push has fueled things over there in the short term. But it took weeks of hot and dry weather to get the fuels to the point they are this “early” in the fire season too. Lots of blame to go around to both anomaly parties!

There is the irony... cool onshore flow and troughs digging in from the north become the trigger for explosion once it gets to a certain point with hot and dry weather.   Its quite the quandary for cool weather fans!   Getting the cooler weather you want on this side might be really bad for the rest of the region.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Highs in the 70s would fit my definition of paradise, yes.

Scheduled to land at SeaTac around 8pm tomorrow, then making the drive up to Everett. Also grabbed some tickets to the Mariners/White Sox game on the 20th.

Tomorrow evening will actually be quite cool.    Friday will be awesome... more sun than tomorrow but still cool and Friday evening will be gorgeous at Safeco.   

Saturday might be the best day with sun right from the start but highs staying in the 70s for most of the area.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

He has a pretty respectable knack for trolling us both ways. :lol:

Only when it’s deserved. Haha.

I actually really enjoyed it up there last summer. Was one of the highlights of the year for us. There’s a reason I’m coming back (and staying longer this time). ;)

Tomorrow evening will actually be quite cool. Friday will be awesome... more sun than tomorrow but still cool and Friday evening will be gorgeous at Safeco.

Saturday might be the best day with sun right from the start but highs staying in the 70s for most of the area.

Good to know, thanks.

Yeah I know that. No need to explain it to me. It was a typo.

Ok. I thought you did it last night too but maybe I saw it wrong.

The most current run is called the 00z because it initializes at 00:00 Zulu or universal time (also known as Greenwich Mean Time). 00z universal time roughly translates to about 5pm our time. This time of year you just need to subtract seven hours to get it to match with our time. I hope this is helpful for you!

There is the irony... cool onshore flow and troughs digging in from the north become the trigger for explosion once it gets to a certain point with hot and dry weather. Its quite the quandary for cool weather fans! Getting the cooler weather you want on this side might be really bad for the rest of the region.

More humid southerly or SWRly flow is generally the safest way to go.

I picture you crouched in the bushes outside of Sea Tac watching his plane land through binoculars.

I should have been a travel agent.   :)

We will be up on Orcas Island tomorrow evening.    I can't sneak over to SEA very easily!  

Ok. I thought you did it last night too but maybe I saw it wrong.

The most current run is called the 00z because it initializes at 00:00 Zulu or universal time (also known as Greenwich Mean Time). 00z universal time roughly translates to about 5pm our time. This time of year you just need to subtract seven hours to get it to match with our time. I hope this is helpful for you!

You've seen me post here for years. Yeah I did it last night as well but fixed it after I posted. I get too excited and I want to post the information right away that I forget what run it is. You should of known I already knew what 00z meant when I said yesterday the temperatures it showed were for 5pm.

More humid southerly or SWRly flow is generally the safest way to go.

Sounds like you’re describing a GOA trough pattern.

IE: What might be in store for August. Or at least a good portion of it.

Sounds like you’re describing a GOA trough pattern.

IE: What might be in store for August. Or at least a good portion of it.

I don't think August will be a dry month across the region.    

ECMWF has been trending cooler and cloudier for tomorrow... now its not showing full clearing for the Seattle area and a high of only 71 at SEA. 

Would be nice, but it feels like there has been a general consensus for cool/wet Augusts here in a handful of years in the recent past. Still waiting for one to actually pan out.

#persistanceresistance

You're a weather republican.

Longing for the past and resisting hope and change.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Never said it couldn’t happen.

I try to be a realist. Wouldn’t that make me more of an independent perhaps?

Such a long fall from the days of #icebernboy69. Rampant realism is the third step toward fray floating nihilism...

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

ECMWF has been trending cooler and cloudier for tomorrow... now its not showing full clearing for the Seattle area and a high of only 71 at SEA.

Phil’s going to freeze.
  • Like 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

I'd be shocked if it rains anywhere.

Likely a slightly warm and pleasantly dull September and then another October with 20+ days of rain and no clear nights.

This climate blows.

I can already feel the 69/52 and overcast/light rain type days in mid to late October. Pure autumn perfection!

Starting to look like it’s going to be a hott trip to Montana. Told you Kayla!

Well it's settled then, it's definitely you. Shame, its been beautiful this week and looks to continue right up until your arrival to hottspell. Still some time to cancel!!  :P

• Like 1

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Would be highly unusual to have a near record dry May-July be followed by a dry August.

But it's been an unusual (weird) year!

That is my thought too.