Pacific Northwest Weather -June 2023

Up to 65F. Mostly sunny.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Looked it up... it was 53 and raining in North Bend on Christmas afternoon.    It was 52 and raining on Father's Day afternoon.    Not many places at our latitude can have the same weather near the winter and summer solstice.    Interesting aspect of our climate. 

• Like 6

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Meanwhile we are sitting on the deck here in Bellingham and its perfectly comfortable in the sun.    Barely a cloud in the sky now.

• Downvote 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

12 minutes ago, Omegaraptor said:

Troutdale’s 0.75” figure is thorougly impressive. Nearly half their average monthly rainfall in one day.

Love stuff like that.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Looked it up... it was 53 and raining in North Bend on Christmas afternoon.    It was 52 and raining on Father's Day afternoon.    Not many places at our latitude can have the same weather near the winter and summer solstice.    Interesting aspect of our climate. 

I’m not sure anywhere else can at that latitude. Maybe a few places in Europe?

It was 6 degrees here on Christmas Eve, lol. Little did I know the rest of winter would be an unmitigated blowtorch like no other in recorded history.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil said:

It was 6 degrees here on Christmas Eve, lol. Little did I know the rest of winter would be an unmitigated blowtorch like no other in recorded history.

It was 18 degrees here with 40 mph winds just a few days before Christmas Eve. Don’t see anything like that on my weather.com phone app for at least the next 7-10 days.

• scream 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

What an incredible day here. Showers kept training over the Portland/Vancouver area keeping things rainy, cloudy and cool much of the afternoon. 

57/51 spread here, with over 2/3” of rain so far. Big time overperformer both for rain and cool temps which is so vanishingly rare in the warm season these days. Even PDX had a high of 58 so far, which if it holds will be one of their cooler days for so late in the season.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

I’m guessing there are spots in the British Isles that can do it. Maybe some areas of the NW coast of France and the Low Countries too.

• Like 1

My mom is not able to maintain a garden now... but she loves her tomato plants on the deck and they are doing great.   

Wind has basically died here now and its so pleasant.    You would never know how stormy it is all around us.

20230618_185102.jpg

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Phil said:

35 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

I’m guessing there are spots in the British Isles that can do it. Maybe some areas of the NW coast of France and the Low Countries too.

Depends on what is meant by “same weather” - if foehn winds count you can get pretty far north. After all a foehn day in Brookings in December can be warmer than the vast majority of summer days there.

Here’s a spot at 70°N in eastern Greenland with some pretty cracky winter record highs.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ittoqqortoormiit#Climate

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

Up to 0.61” and counting.

• Like 6
  • Rain 1
  • scream 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

2 hours ago, Doinko said:

Really nice evening at the Vancouver waterfront

20230618_181521.jpg

Vancouver's waterfront is such a neat new district.  I am excited to see a new city skyline grow in the Pacific Northwest!  I took photos year ago of the little skyline they used to have, but it's growing to new heights now. My main concern is how it is disconnected from the downtown, and the downtown's businesses won't thrive because it's too far away.  People won't mingle.  Maybe over the years, it will all become the "downtown" and not be separated. Hope you had fun, nice photos!  

• Like 6

On 6/17/2023 at 8:04 PM, Anti Marine Layer said:

Wedding?

Yes and in the books… I was only a guest. So I’m safe from getting married a second time 😱

Fun weather day today traveling between Mount Angel and PDX  this afternoon.  No funnel clouds sighted though on my end :(

• Like 3

It's amazing how different the sunset tonight is compared to last night.  Okay, last picture post tonight!  I promise!  I just wish wherever you are, you're enjoying the sunset as well!

JUNE 18

It is beautiful in it's own way, but not nearly as vidid and vibrant as the night before.

DSCN2898.thumb.JPG.e325ee8975436faba56aac8545ec3a41.JPG

JUNE 17

The colors were deep and intense on Saturday.  A truly spectacular sight to behold! 

DSCN2885.thumb.JPG.e3ea86f56de682e6f04761a4831d5f01.JPG

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

Dumping rain at home right now... station near our house just jumped up to .60 on the day.    

Send some my way please!

Actually looks like the drought pattern might finally break here this week.🤞 But so will the low dews. Meh, always something to sacrifice.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

44°F a few days from the summer solstice is lit.

43 now! Feels like a clear late October evening! 

IMG_6566.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excited 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth!