Super Bowl Weekend Major Snowstorm

Tom

So tracking this storm we can rule out GHD anniversary type event Lol

I don't think anything can be ruled out after this crazy 24 hours....

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

I'm sorry, we haven't had a favorable panhandle hook track in forever (maybe back in 2012-13, it's hard to be positive).

You were just complaining on the 12z runs about how this storm won't happen etc now the models bring it back and you're like "it won't hit us anyways, even if it does happen"

I mean, really?

• Like 1

the soap opera that was apparent on here earlier today--- please-- grow up.  I can watch that crap with my wife. I come here for the weather--

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

with CAN holding serve--- this is unreal. Never seen anything like it this close to an event.

"Ooooo Canada....Our home and native Land!"  Hahaha, this model has been on this system since last Friday...pretty incredible to see how consistent it has been.  Look at those healthy qpf totals.

GEM sbowmaps are now on instantweathermaps?! Where have I even been this year. I can't believe the consistency out of it either. Wow. I'm not riding this model but if it is somehow right I'll be incredibly impressed. Let's see what 'king' euro beholds... even tho I think the kings legacy might be done here soon given it's track record recently

the soap opera that was apparent on here earlier today--- please-- grow up.  I can watch that crap with my wife. I come here for the weather--

Couldn't have said it any better....oh ya, where is that Seahawk guy flyuing now???  All that smack talking earlier gone to the way side???  Bring it...

• Like 2

GEM sbowmaps are now on instantweathermaps?! Where have I even been this year. I can't believe the consistency out of it either. Wow. I'm not riding this model but if it is somehow right I'll be incredibly impressed. Let's see what 'king' euro beholds... even tho I think the kings legacy might be done here soon given it's track record recently

They just added it a few weeks back.  It's not free though.  I signed up for a 1 week subscription for $2.  The GEFS maps they have are the best I've seen as well.  It's very cool and cheap.  Only $6/month if you want to do a monthly sub. 

I believe its a small subscription fee. But I can find no place quicker then IWM

Epic Snow storm with possible blowing drifting Snow Superbowl sunday Several inches possible warning level Snows are possible. Stay tuned as more details as we get closer Superbowl Sunday Snowstorm.

The only think you left out was "Crippling Blizzard"...

They just added it a few weeks back. It's not free though. I signed up for a 1 week subscription for $2. The GEFS maps they have are the best I've seen as well. It's very cool and cheap. Only $6/month if you want to do a monthly sub.

Will definitely be doing this, a lot cheaper than wxbell!! I've always loved IWM, they update faster than anyone, including the NOAA website even.

Lol Seahawkfan. I'm assuming if this storm actually hits he'll act all innocent and jump on the bandwagon, just like he did with his football team.

Thats awesome!! This storm has me feeling very Patriotic!!!

The changing teleconnections right before and during this event is a good sign imho.  If you look back at a lot of the big storms they seem to happen when the teleconnections are changing rapidly.

It's also probably is what is giving the models such a difficult time,..,

The changing teleconnections right before and during this event is a good sign imho. If you look back at a lot of the big storms they seem to happen when the teleconnections are changing rapidly.

literally read my mind. I can think of plenty of big storms where this has happened in our area itself. Also, if the phasing does occur sooner, those totals would not only come back further west/northwest, they would also likely be higher totals as the system will amp up.

Teleconnections during this thing look to be almost perfect tbh.  Slightly negative NAO will promote bowling ball type storm track.  AO will be slightly negative as well which will keep the cold air from being too strong and suppressing the storm.  Last but not least, the PNA will be going negative.  You know what that means!  No storm for the East Coast this time.  Hopefully these positive signs will help our region get a nice storm for once this winter.