2/3-2/4 Southern Lakes/Ohio Valley Winter Storm...

DominicR

13:1 on the last one.

Do I think 6" is attainable? yes  Likely? no

Are gosaints and A-L-E-K on americanwx the same person?

And that was because storm was weaker and southeast. My 10:1 would of been golden if it would of played out according to guidance 24 hours beforehand. 6 inches would take a stroke of lake luck.

13:1 on the last one.

Do I think 6" is attainable? yes  Likely? no

Are gosaints and A-L-E-K on americanwx the same person?

No way. 

Alek has been around much longer of a time and has a different posting style.

---

Main event snows moving ENE out of the DVN cwa.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

whats your location gosaints? how much you think lake side counties will get? 

out SW returns have increased and seem to be heading our way

I am now located in extreme southeast mn, but was a biomedical engineering major at northwestern hence my interest in Chicago weather.

everyone's got their opinion, u just are on a forum full of enthusiasts. but this year we have had one of the best winters of LES making it a good wild card in this storm. You know how chicago winters are, you lived here, since LES is uncommon on this side of the lake, it can make a big difference 

I am just stating what I think will happen based on my limited knowledge. Nobody seems to mind when other make ridiculous claims the other way.

speaking of ridiculous claims, ik what u mean as someone was saying this storm would be "an all out blizzard" about a week ago lol. That man has good optimism.

everyone's got their opinion, u just are on a forum full of enthusiasts. but this year we have had one of the best winters of LES making it a good wild card in this storm. You know how chicago winters are, you lived here, since LES is uncommon on this side of the lake, it can make a big difference

No doubt man, and I do love the freedom of opinion on this forum..
  • Like 1

Nice, so looks like the NAM was pretty much right in line down there.  That model was the only one spitting out 12"+ totals.  Would not be surprised to see some lollipop 14" totals in KS.[/quote

The NAM was scary accurate. At least 12-14 throughout most of the city south of the river. The final tally at the airport probably won't be that high but at my house I can gauruntee we've had 12"+. Yes 14"+ will definately show up.

• Like 1