August 2016 Observations and Model Discussion for the Pacific Northwest

Geos

Nailed it.

Tim is laughably predictable.

Nailed what? Totally unfair. When it looked troughy... I said it looked troughy. Totally unfair. I mentioned both scenarios... just nicer personally to see the trend toward warmer.

Go back and look. I am talking about troughy runs... impressive cold anomalies... etc. It is what it is.

You even liked my posts. Models change and now we just never mention it??

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Nailed what? Totally unfair. When it looked troughy... I said it looked troughy. Totally unfair. I mentioned both scenarios... just nicer personally to see the trend toward warmer.

Go back and look. I am talking about troughy runs... impressive cold anomalies... etc. It is what it is.

You even liked my posts. Models change and now we just never mention it??

You completely missed his point.

Look at how hard you hammered the late July anomalies, vs how you've responded to the cool anomalies this month.

And sometimes I give posts ironic likes...

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

You completely missed his point.

Look at how hard you hammered the late July anomalies, vs how you've responded to the cool anomalies this month.

I certainly gave the cold anomalies props. Did not ignore it. I like warm anomalies better in the warm season.

We are all predictable then... Jesse and Jim get excited and post about warm anomalies? :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I certainly gave them props. I like warm anomalies better in the warm season.

We are all predictable then... Jesse and Jim get excited and post about warm anomalies? :)

Yes, but you also try to downplay periods you were wrong about. Like the past week or so.

I'm not picking on you. You brought this on yourself with your ridiculousness in July. I'll give you props when you're right, and I'll call you out when you're being a hypocrite. :)

• Like 1

Yes, but you also try to downplay periods you were wrong about. Like the past week or so.

I'm not picking on you. You brought this on yourself with your ridiculousness in July. I'll give you props when you're right, and I'll call you out when you're being a hypocrite. :)

I completely agreed with you about cold early August posts. Never argued about anything. What else can I do? Start topics about it being cooler than I thought? :)

I certainly gave the cold anomalies props. Did not ignore it. I like warm anomalies better in the warm season.

Sorry, but you've been severely obnoxious and obtuse recently, even by your standards, and this is coming from someone who has observed you for years. Just the way it goes sometimes. 

• Like 2

In defense of Phil... He predicted we would see a major anomalous GOA ridge this summer and we most certainly have. The anomaly has been impressive in it's intensity and duration. Good call.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Sure enough SEA managed to top 70 today. Pretty much impossible for them to avoid in spite of the pattern.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

84 degrees after sunset with a dewpoint of 72... awesome. No one here is complaining. In fact the talk was about how gorgeous it is. Crazy Minnesotans. :)

13882287_1054429134625294_19237113363264

Have you filled them all in on the Phil/Jim situation?

Not yet.

They are going to have a tough time understanding wanting summer to be crappy so it might snow in the winter.

A professional diagnosis may behoove you.

A few others as well. Who cares.

I have not picked on Jim much... just when he picked on Randy and started in on some theories.

Really was trying with Jim.  

A few others as well. Who cares.

I have not picked on Jim much... just when he picked on Randy and started in on some theories.

Really was trying with Jim.

So you admit that you cannot handle someone who thinks differently than you, thats gotta feel good to get it off your chest. Well done Tim, it is the first step to recovery.

So you admit that you cannot handle someone who thinks differently than you, thats gotta feel good to get it off your chest. Well done Tim, it is the first step to recovery.

Thinking different is totally fine. He ripped Randy multiple times.

They'll probably just have a hard time with understanding "so it might snow in the winter".

No doubt.   This warm lake will be covered in ice houses soon enough.   

High of 68 at OLM. -6 for the day.

Don't feel like researching right now, but this has to be the coolest start to August in quite a while.

I agree Jared.

It has been cool.   

This is a fact.  

I did not think it would be this cool.   This ULL was a unexpected wrinkle.

I agree Jared.

It has been cool.

This is a fact.

I did not think it would be this cool. This ULL was a unexpected wrinkle.

A wrinkle as much as localized anomalies in July! Actually less so, since the ULL made everyone cool.

And it actually isn't that surprising, given the overall pattern. When you get high pressure offshore, these sort of things tend to develop.

• Like 2

A wrinkle as much as localized anomalies in July! Actually less so, since the ULL made everyone cool.

And it actually isn't that surprising, given the overall pattern. When you get high pressure offshore, these sort of things tend to develop.

Ouch.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Sure. Its been a cool 4 days as a result of the ULL. No argument. We will see how the rest of the month plays out.