September 2016 Observations and Model Discussion for the Pacific Northwest

Geos

Live streaming webcam of "the lodge" golf course on Saint Simons. I'm guessing things will really pick up here within the next 3-5 hours.

http://gobefore.me/cams/sea_island_resorts_cam2/m/

Tybee Island Pier Webcam. Farther north so will take longer for the mayhem to reach there: http://gobefore.me/cams/ocean_plaza_beach_resort/m/

I really do hope so. I would hate to see you get yourself tangled in a web again.

I'm facebook friends with a few members here who can see the extended family I have in my friends list. This would be red meat if I were lying.

I'm facebook friends with a few members here who can see the extended family I have in my friends list. This would be red meat if I were lying.

Friend me Phil... I would actually like that.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

He's filed for bankruptcy several times and is known for frequently stiffing people to whom he owes money. Actually would be richer today if he had invested his inheritance from dad as opposed to putting it toward his multiple failed ventures.

May be a businessman, but successful might be a bit of a stretch. :)

All I know is that the guy is a billionaire. That takes some effort. You can't be a failure and become a billionaire.  ;)

A goodly number of the 0z ensembles like the idea of a very chilly trough late in week two after a brief warmup.  Looks like a good third of the members support the idea.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

How is the homestead atop Stampede Pass looking?

About as nice as your face will look if we ever meet. :)

• Like 1

He's filed for bankruptcy several times and is known for frequently stiffing people to whom he owes money. Actually would be richer today if he had invested his inheritance from dad as opposed to putting it toward his multiple failed ventures.

May be a businessman, but successful might be a bit of a stretch. :)

A lot of Americans had to file for bankruptcy around 2009.  Most people aren't going to hold that against him.  Part of bankruptcy is not paying the people whom you owe money.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

All I know is that the guy is a billionaire. That takes some effort. You can't be a failure and become a billionaire. ;)

There is pretty widespread belief that he actually isn't. He is generally very unclear about his actual net worth, and his estimate of it on a given day is generally tied to how well he feels the Trump "brand" is doing.

It is very likely he is refusing to release his tax returns because he does not want it to be exposed that he is not worth nearly as much as he claims.

I'm liking the chances for some big minus departures tomorrow.  Temps are falling off nicely tonight and tomorrow is going to be solidly below normal on max temps.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

A lot of Americans had to file for bankruptcy around 2009.  Most people aren't going to hold that against him.  Part of bankruptcy is not paying the people whom you owe money.

The thing with Trump is that he only ever filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcies, never personal ones. People seem to get that confused quite a bit. He's never actually filed for personal bankruptcy, his only actions were essentially business reorganizations. Something that's pretty common in the corporate world especially during a down economy. 

Hillary for prison!!!

Hell s yeah

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

There is pretty widespread belief that he actually isn't. He is generally very unclear about his actual net worth, and his estimate of it on a given day is generally tied to how well he feels the Trump "brand" is doing.

It is very likely he is refusing to release his tax returns because he does not want it to be exposed that he is not worth nearly as much as he claims.

Be that as it may, most people would consider him a successful businessman. 

Be that as it may, most people would consider him a successful businessman. 

And some people may think a business man is what we need to help balance the out of control budget.  Actually makes sense. :o

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Yeah, my bad for bringing political stuff to this side, too.

Mods or Fred, feel free to move the Trunp comments the last few pages to the political side.

I only replied because there seems to be a lot of misinformation about Trump out there. People read a blurb here or there, or they hear somebody say something and they take it as the truth. I read a lot about Trump years ago (as a student of history more than anything else) before he ever mentioned running for president, so I guess I have a different perspective on the guy. One that was formed before all the media circus. 

If that's the case, we can do much, much, much better.

Very possible.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

High of only 64° today. Coolest day since I've been here.

The afternoon scene at Lake Cushman.

post-7-0-86683200-1472797266_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

I only replied because there seems to be a lot of misinformation about Trump out there. People read a blurb here or there, or they hear somebody say something and they take it as the truth. I read a lot about Trump years ago (as a student of history more than anything else) before he ever mentioned running for president, so I guess I have a different perspective on the guy. One that was formed before all the media circus.

I've actually done a lot of research as well. An old roommate of mine was a Trump fan well before he even considered running. I remember him lending some of his motivational tapes. :lol:

So yeah, not just blurbs and social media. I see the statement that Trump is a successful businessman to be misinformation in and of itself that many have fallen for, which is why I felt the need to keep replying. :)

I've actually done a lot of research as well. An old roommate of mine was a Trump fan well before he even considered running. I remember him lending some of his motivational tapes. :lol:

So yeah, not just blurbs and social media. I see the statement that Trump is a successful businessman to be misinformation in and of itself that many have fallen for, which is why I felt the need to keep replying. :)

Then I guess this goes back to how you define success. Most people define success as making a lot of money. Trump has made a lot of money. Its not easy making money.  :)