Thunder98

Boy did Nebraska get f***** hosed. A 5 seed in the NIT?

**** the NCAA.

Yeah I'm not sure what they're thinking. They selected based on what teams would garner the best ratings, not based on performance this year.

Wanna talk about how Kentucky, a team with a very slightly better record than us, managed a 5 seed in the big tournament?

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Easy. They are Kentucky. Coach Cal pays big money to the NCAA to keep them from investigating.

I'm not ticked about being let out it's the fact we are a ******* 5 seed in the ******* NIT. Not even another home game at PBA. Instead they have to go down to toothless Starkville Miss for a dumb game in a second rate tournament. So dumb. And you really have to love how Pedo State gets a better NIT seed than Nebraska.

I just want Tim Miles gone after next season. And he will be when it's a garbage 13 win season. He's not the man to take Nebraska to the next level. Never was and never will be.

Diplomacy and talks without war or military action is ALWAYS good. Too bad this dipshit has decided the State department isn't an important part of the government by leaving numerous important positions vacant. Not having people in place that actually have experience with these types of things is a bad thing. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to this meeting, which is basically in only 2 months, with himself, Jared, Ivanka, and Kelly Conway. Oh and he'll make sure the cameras are there just like his other just-for-show meetings he's held with the press and members of Congress. First regarding immigration and DACA and then with gun control where each time he's said one thing in front of the cameras and then did the opposite once the cameras weren't there. #ShitholePresident

It's fair. When the Senate stops stalling his nominees, I'd imagine Trump would play ball with them. Democrats don't like to admit that they have the Senate and are the ones actually picking fights that create this issue. They can't win so they obstruct.

It's also amazing how Duke gets another cake walk of a seeding.

Coach K is a fraud. A low life POS cheater who helped ruin college hoops with one and dones.

It's sad to say this as an OU fan but we suck and don't belong there. Oklahoma State belongs in the tournament.

I am impressed; as I was under the misapprehension that Shakespeare had been expunged from the American college curriculum.

It was in my high school curriculum. "Romeo and Juliet," "Macbeth," and "Julius Caesar."

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Stephen Hawking, dead at 76. Great person. RIP!

• Like 1

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN Insane!

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024: Trace

Season So Far: 26.7"

Stephen Hawking, dead at 76. Great person. RIP!

I only knew of him, didn't read/follow his work(s), but heard on the news that he'd fought ALS for decades after his diagnosis gave him 2 yrs (never buy into those btw, there's more to it with something like this). Dude was a superhero! 

• Like 2

Winter 2023-24 Snow Total = 53.1" (90% Normal Season)  Largest Storm: 12" (1/12-13)   Oct: 0.1 Nov: 2.9 Dec: 7.5 Jan: 31.7 Feb: 6.0 Mar: 4.3 Apr: 0.1

Avg = 59.2"  (Harrison): 2023-24 = 53.1" 

Avg = 45.0"  (KDTW): 2022-23 = 33.5"   2021-22 = 35.6"    

Avg = 49.7"  (KRMY): 2020-21 = 36.2"   2019-20 = 48.0"   2018-19 = 56.1"   2017-18 = 68.3"    2016-17 = 52"    2015-16 = 57.4"    2014-15 = 55.3"    2013-14 = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!)  2012-13 = 47.2"    2011-12 = 43.7"

Legit Blizzards (high winds and dbl digit snows): Feb 2011, Dec 2009, Jan 2005, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Nov 1989, Jan 1982, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, Apr 1975, Mar 1973, Jan 1967, Feb 1965, Jan 1918

Some great tourney action today... gotta love the Loyola Ramblers pulling off the 11-6 upset on an overrated Miami team. Only pick I have missed so far was South Dakota State, I had them beating Ohio State, however the Buckeyes got the W. I thought the Jackrabbits were going to pull off the upset when they tied the game at 70, however the better team got the win. 

Our local Omaha team, Creighton, plays Kansas State tomorrow evening. I am getting excited to see the Jays back in the dance for the second year in a row (sorry Husker fans). Hoping the Jays can get past the purple kitties, and earn a date with #1 Virginia and play with some house money and see what happens. 

I absolutely love this time of year sports and weather-wise! 

To note, some of you seem to strike right out at someone when they make off statements, and that is ok as long as your aim isn't to destroy the person but to counter the statement or the argument. This is a weather forum, not /pol/, so go be a **** somewhere else if you think I am being outlandish. It isn't a liberal Jewish Illuminati conspiracy to ask for some human decency on the Internet.

THIS! 

Seems most drama ensues after certain posts/ters stray from the forum topic. I made mention of this months ago but the suggestion wasn't taken seriously. 

Winter 2023-24 Snow Total = 53.1" (90% Normal Season)  Largest Storm: 12" (1/12-13)   Oct: 0.1 Nov: 2.9 Dec: 7.5 Jan: 31.7 Feb: 6.0 Mar: 4.3 Apr: 0.1

Avg = 49.7"  (KRMY): 2020-21 = 36.2"   2019-20 = 48.0"   2018-19 = 56.1"   2017-18 = 68.3"    2016-17 = 52"    2015-16 = 57.4"    2014-15 = 55.3"    2013-14 = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!)  2012-13 = 47.2"    2011-12 = 43.7"

Legit Blizzards (high winds and dbl digit snows): Feb 2011, Dec 2009, Jan 2005, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Nov 1989, Jan 1982, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, Apr 1975, Mar 1973, Jan 1967, Feb 1965, Jan 1918

I will say this:

The fact snowlover got banned on here is a pretty big joke and let’s say we have had our disagreements in the past. The fact the other person is allowed to post on here yet is also a wrong decision. I don’t think Fred really understands what goes on in these threads

• Like 1

We’re gonna have to agree to disagree on this

This person was banned on American WX for trolling and this person is doing that on here. They literally quote themselves ten times in a row and then deletes them when someone replies

Agree with that part tabithas weather contributions have been greater than Snowlovers.  Thats a fact.

You defend snowlovers stupidity because he is a conservative and then some.

• Like 1

LOL....  Yes y truly hate him!?  I said he hasn't made weather related posts that contribute to threads.  That makes me hate him?  Some of his posts deserved banning.  Tabithas post and delete method should get banned to, but tabitha has made many more weather related posts than has snowlover

I am on record as saying the right side and left side are equally annoying.

Sure.

Anyway I don’t think anyone should be banned. I think everyone should have the freedom of speech to post what they want. I also think a little trolling from time to time isn’t bad at all and makes the board better. I just disagree with banning snowlover but then letting the person who started the whole thing get off without anything. Especially since this person deletes everything so Fred probably doesn’t even know what was posted

• Like 1

I am on record as saying the right side and left side are equally annoying.

quote of the day

To note, some of you seem to strike right out at someone when they make off statements, and that is ok as long as your aim isn't to destroy the person but to counter the statement or the argument. This is a weather forum, not /pol/, so go be a **** somewhere else if you think I am being outlandish. It isn't a liberal Jewish Illuminati conspiracy to ask for some human decency on the Internet.

My suspicions are confirmed, this site is ran by a liberal Jewish illuminati conspiracy! :P

Yes that’s it. I’m sure the fact that he is a conservative makes you hate him. That’s probably a fact

I think there are a lot more reasons to dislike snowlover76's posts than his political beliefs.

I also don’t give a s**t about someone’s politics unless they’re openly a Nazi. Checking his posts, he was just another red hat wearing Pepe pusher, and I don’t care. We have everyone from communists to ancaps. This is a weather forum.

You talk about civility and you say red hat wearing pepe pusher

How about you stick to your own advice?

Report trolling posts. If this is the case, they’ll either end up on mod preview or banned. Snowlover was banned for repeatedly attacking someone personally for things that had nothing to do with a larger discussion.

I mean, we can in ban him if you’re ok with people attacking others. Got to keep those evil transsexual liberals from spreading their gay agenda.

I don’t report posts. It’s the internet if you wanna attack me feel free I can handle it. I just have an issue with banning him while letting the other one go who deletes all the posts she makes ten mins after she makes them. There’s no way you know the full extent of what she’s posted because of that and I don’t think it’s fair to make that rash of an decision when you aren’t even in this section

When I get a few minutes, I am cleaning all of this up.

Tabitha, Money, and LNK_Weather, drop it. Stick to the weather and be civil to each other. If you guys keep going in circles around the toilet, then expect to be put on preview.

This is the off topic thread...

Tabitha, Money, and LNK_Weather, drop it. Stick to the weather and be civil to each other. If you guys keep going in circles around the toilet, then expect to be put on preview.

In my defense, I am replying to everything using logic. I am not being uncivil in any way, shape, or form. I am not resorting to personal attacks or condescending attitudes. That's how I have always done it.

Hopefully there will be some nice snows in the Black Hills this spring!

:)

Bickering and trolling each other to a point where I get people who dont even post sending me PMs because they interpret something as toxic or an attack on someone else isn't sheltered just because its labeled as "off topic".

May i ask where the line is drawn? I know you say stick to weather, but why even allow this thread if thats the case? Not trying to step on your toes, just curious to see how we should go about it from here.