1/10 - 1/11 Possible Severe Frontal Passage with intense snow showers

clintbeed1993

So would this technically end up being aprox  .45 qpf after conversion? 

.45-.55. Obviously some of that will fall as rain early on, so let's bring those down to .35-.45. 10:1 would put accumulations at 3.5-4.5. Ratios will be less than 10:1 early on, but may be about 15:1 as temps drop. Won't go much higher than 15:1 I think cuz of wind. So about 4-6.

Even with 3" travel will still be a clusterf**k in the morning thanks to the wind and blowing snow.

• Like 2

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

OAX snow map says 1-2” for Omaha but yet they issued a winter storm watch?? They must not believe their own maps. Clearly they are not believe the Euro yet.

It always seems like they base all their forecasts off models from the day before. I'm not even kidding. They probably didn't look at any 00z models before the last package.

Well, the overnight 00z EPS just made things a bit more interesting for our area and brought the 6" mean down into the south side of Chicago.  2" mean went all the way NW into MKE and as far NW as close to the IA/IL border. N IN and S/C MI is in the jackpot zone.

Big shift back NW with the 12 EPS members and certainly a lot of clustering of members that take the low thru W KY/TN and S IN/OH.  Starting to look interesting for our lower lakes members.

• Like 1

MPX put up a winter storm watch for a very large area given that the models are still all over the place. I have 4-7” in my point at the moment. Gonna be a fun day of model watching for sure. With many of the models showing a thin band of heavy snow it’s going to be a matter of a few miles between the haves and have nots.

• Like 1

MPX put up a winter storm watch for a very large area given that the models are still all over the place. I have 4-7” in my point at the moment. Gonna be a fun day of model watching for sure. With many of the models showing a thin band of heavy snow it’s going to be a matter of a few miles between the haves and have nots.

Same with OAX. They placed the watch area pretty much anywhere the band can go.

• Like 1

Not looking like a wealth spreading set-up thats for sure