February 8th-11th Major Snowstorm

Tom

All week models showed this band would sink south as it progressed. But now that it’s here it just not happening and models now should this moving straight east. I’m more annoyed that school cancelled at 6pm the night before for 1” of snow instead of just waiting until morning to see that it didn’t snow. Ridiculous

• Like 1

Back edge lifting out of here. May not come back until 2-3am at the earliest. Ah well hwy 20 wins again. Seems hwy 20 has a knack for these sort of things as they ALWAYS do well with them.

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

All week models showed this band would sink south as it progressed. But now that it’s here it just not happening and models now should this moving straight east. I’m more annoyed that school cancelled at 6pm the night before for 1” of snow instead of just waiting until morning to see that it didn’t snow. Ridiculous

NWS issues a warning with major bust potential, this is what happens.  The local mets didn't help, either, throwing out big snow totals for the entire area.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

I don't get why the news mets don't just tell people there is gonna be a weenie band with the heaviest amounts with a razor sharp cutoff. Broadbrushing the amount of snow expected in the weenie band does no good. Leads to misinformation.

• Like 1

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

NWS issues a warning with major bust potential, this is what happens.  The local mets didn't help, either, throwing out big snow totals for the entire area.

Yep. Terry swails just changed his snow forecast. Now has 0” for Iowa City. The only guy smart enough to make the change

• Like 1

LOL wow..this looks great.

http://maps3.pivotalweather.com/maps/models/nam4km/2018020900/036/snku_acc.us_c.png

even the ICON has it:

icon_asnow_ncus_17.png

Looks great for anybody along highway 92, that would include wahoo, omaha, and me  :D . Would continue to shaft Lincoln just to the north of them....this narrow banding is getting really annoying but at the same time this would continue to add to my snow total. I'm hoping for a big surprise for all of us by tomorrow. 

If anything it looks like the weenie band is lifting slightly north. The back edge is dragging south but the line as a whole isn’t.

Not only is it lifting north just slightly.....but the radar is also filling in to the north of the weenie band all across N IA.

GFS currently gives me here in Papillion around 5”

Weenie band unite over omaha!

http://maps1.pivotalweather.com/maps/models/gfs/2018020900/033/snku_acc.us_c.png

• Like 2

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/